hannibaldaplaya

Unarmed / Low Tier Melee Players not Listening to Armed Guys

I will never let armed people handcuff me and tell me to drop items, if i see an armed player i will start running away and hide inside an house, or simply log out :D if you get handcuffed you're going to die, the bandits wont let you go.

People like you are the problem with this game right now.

Edited by Zer0HD2
  • Like 2

What's the purpose of listening to some immature idiot who's only reason to play a survival sim is to grief others ?

Well, how about... a chance to survive? I've never hurt a player's character who has surrendered. Mostly I don't even take their stuff away - unless I need them badly (like some medicine, or food if hungry). I guess about 70% of players who I ambush try to run or fight instead of comply. None of them managed to survive. 5% are bums, who logout as soon as they realise they're trapped.

Today I even gave away some stuff to one guy, who behaved nicely. A week ago I've managed to... save a wise player, who surrendered to a bandit.

You miss tons of experience by logging out or doing suicidal moves. Avoiding other human beings, constant fear of getting shot or robbed are the ESSENTIAL elements of a survival sim in a zombie apocalypse world.

I value my every new "life". Trying to stay alive as long as I can. The only pleasure I get from killing someone else is when it saved my own life.

I bet lots of people who KoSed you and others actually did it because they felt threatened, needed food or drink badly, needed to scavange for supplies in the town they spot you in. After all it's all about survival.

Finally, if someone cuffs you and torture's you afterwards... well - it's their way to play the game LEGITIMATELY. And whoever hits alt+f4 in to avoid such a situation is in fact cheating.

• Like 4

DayZ's problem is that it's all about guns...

End game is when you have a good automatic weapon or a sniper rifle. Then what ? You use it.

When all you have is a hammer, all you see is nails. :/

• Like 1

When all you have is a hammer, all you see is nails. :/

Sure, all you see is nails, that's fine.

The problem is the "urge" to hit on them nails all the time, for no reason whatsoever if to just hit on nails. That's usually what puts you into a mental institution :)

Edit:

It would be "Clavumania", a form of monomania :)

Edited by Mutonizer
  • Like 1

Well, how about... a chance to survive? I've never hurt a player's character who has surrendered. Mostly I don't even take their stuff away - unless I need them badly (like some medicine, or food if hungry). I guess about 70% of players who I ambush try to run or fight instead of comply. None of them managed to survive. 5% are bums, who logout as soon as they realise they're trapped.

Today I even gave away some stuff to one guy, who behaved nicely. A week ago I've managed to... save a wise player, who surrendered to a bandit.

You miss tons of experience by logging out or doing suicidal moves. Avoiding other human beings, constant fear of getting shot or robbed are the ESSENTIAL elements of a survival sim in a zombie apocalypse world.

I value my every new "life". Trying to stay alive as long as I can. The only pleasure I get from killing someone else is when it saved my own life.

I bet lots of people who KoSed you and others actually did it because they felt threatened, needed food or drink badly, needed to scavange for supplies in the town they spot you in. After all it's all about survival.

Finally, if someone cuffs you and torture's you afterwards... well - it's their way to play the game LEGITIMATELY. And whoever hits alt+f4 in to avoid such a situation is in fact cheating.

That is wrong on multiple levels but I won't address them now as I'm on mobile.

To OP, I'm just going to go ahead and let you know, unarmed/low tier players have no obligation to listen to anyone. Get off your power trip. There are absolutely no rules for or against player interaction. None of you are king, none of you are paupers. As far as holding people up, quit watching Frankie videos and acting like that's how you're supposed to play. That's one way to play, but by no means does that signify that you're supposed to do ANYTHING.

If I want to run around with no pants and a hatchet and hit people in the face, only your firearms can tell me otherwise... If I'm not playing the psycho, I'll generally trust anyone who gives me a reason. I'll talk to them, let them know I'm friendly, feel the situation out.

I'm sick of seeing people act like there is a certain way to play this game. There isn't. Aside from combat logging, do what the hell you want. If you want to listen to some squeeky voiced chump tell you to drop your shit, do it. If you want to put a hatchet into his underdeveloped larynx, do it.

I, for one, will not drop an axe to a guy toting a rifle, but that's just me. I'm not saying I'd try to bum rush him for holding me up, but if he tries going hostile just because I didn't drop my weapon, then he's just another bandit and deserves what he gets.

If you don't want to PVP exclusively, there are tons of low-pop servers out there. Go play lone wolf on one of those.

• Like 6

To OP, I'm just going to go ahead and let you know, unarmed/low tier players have no obligation to listen to anyone. Get off your power trip. There are absolutely no rules for or against player interaction. None of you are king, none of you are paupers. As far as holding people up, quit watching Frankie videos and acting like that's how you're supposed to play. That's one way to play, but by no means does that signify that you're supposed to do ANYTHING.

If I want to run around with no pants and a hatchet and hit people in the face, only your firearms can tell me otherwise... If I'm not playing the psycho, I'll generally trust anyone who gives me a reason. I'll talk to them, let them know I'm friendly, feel the situation out.

I'm sick of seeing people act like there is a certain way to play this game. There isn't. Aside from combat logging, do what the hell you want. If you want to listen to some squeeky voiced chump tell you to drop your shit, do it. If you want to put a hatchet into his underdeveloped larynx, do it.

I, for one, will not drop an axe to a guy toting a rifle, but that's just me. I'm not saying I'd try to bum rush him for holding me up, but if he tries going hostile just because I didn't drop my weapon, then he's just another bandit and deserves what he gets.

If you don't want to PVP exclusively, there are tons of low-pop servers out there. Go play lone wolf on one of those.

Well said and agreed!

• Like 1

Someone tried this on my at balota airfield.... i had no items but he handcuffed me and told me to walk away and i was going to be executed... thankfully to the alphaness of the game while walking away the game glitched and my hands were set free.... i brought up my fists and knocked the "executioner" on his ass.... He got a couple shots in me but i got him enough times in the head to knock him down... grabbed his gun and ran for it... he chased me to the ATC in balota but i was hiding on the other side of the building just east of the ATC... I watched him run in there hoping to find me, So I turned and ran to the woods.... This game sure has changed and it'll be a lot more interesting to see more situations like mine take place =) Just another reason to love the game I guess :-D

Personally I cant wait until bibles are a hand placed item and priest clothes are wearable in game... Then I can run around big cities literally bible thumping bandits and other people :) I'm not a religious man by any means... I just think it'll be fucking SWEET to knock someone in the head with a bible only for them to prove they are a heathenistic person by shooting me with a gun :) Did i ever mention that I loved dayz??? yeah I do.... =D I hope the devs are listening !!!!

• Like 2

People like you are the problem with this game right now.

Wrong, people like you are the problem of this game, if you want a pvp game go play BF4 or COD, or even minecraft.

This is a survival simulator.

Edited by Krirub
  • Like 1

Hopefully they will add PvE servers so we (the serious players that want to have fun) will be able to experience a real survival simulator, not this pvp crap.

"We the serious players" I hope you're not referring to yourself, are you?

EDIT: We could make a meme out of this. "Calls himself a serious player and wants to experience real survival. Is a logger."

Edited by Weparo
  • Like 1

People like you ruin the game experience for others. Hopefully they'll add logout timer soon, so guys like you will have to face consequences of whatever in-game decision you made.

Bandits like you ruin the experience for EVERYONE who doesn't want to shoot on sight.

This obviously isn't a game for you. DayZ is supposed to be a simulator of a zombie apocalypse. Life isn't fair and your "fake" life in a PC game is not to be fair as well. Learn some survival skills, think of what you've done wrong if you die and try again. What's the purpose of playing a survival sim if the "alt+f4" is your only tool to "survive"? You are pathetic.

Then you obviously think that if a zombie apocalypse were to happen in the real world that everyone would kill each other, here let me tell you this, there's this thing called MORALITY and SANITY, each time a person kills another person even if you are conditioned to do so he/she LOSE a bit of both, now realistically humans DO require other living things may it be a dog, a cat or another HUMAN to have this thing called COMPANY, also every fiber in your body will tell you and hold you from EVER pulling the trigger on someone without being in immediate danger.

Edited by Tyrael75
  • Like 1

I'm not on a powertrip... I simply held up the guy instead of killing him, and it ended in me killing him because he wouldn't cooperate. 

Bandits like you ruin the experience for EVERYONE who doesn't want to shoot on sight.

Then you obviously think that if a zombie apocalypse were to happen in the real world that everyone would kill each other, here let me tell you this, there's this thing called MORALITY and SANITY, each time a person kills another person even if you are conditioned to do so he/she LOSE a bit of both, now realistically humans DO require other living things may it be a dog, a cat or another HUMAN to have this thing called COMPANY, also every fiber in your body will tell you and hold you from EVER pulling the trigger on someone without being in immediate danger.

Except we're talking about bandits mugging / holding up people and resorting to shoot a player when they don't cooperate.

Except we're talking about bandits mugging / holding up people and resorting to shoot a player when they don't cooperate.

I'm not talking about what the thread started with, i'm talking about another players stance on what would ACTUALLY happen in a real world scenario.

It's not my fault if bandits kill unarmed players, it's like being killed by a high-level player in WoW, it's unfair, so i don't care.

No i don't, i only log out if i don't have weapons.

I don't want to get spawnkilled, sorry.

Hopefully they will add PvE servers so we (the serious players that want to have fun) will be able to experience a real survival simulator, not this pvp crap

However you slice it, bro. Loggng out to avoid interactions with other players is bitch shit. Avoiding them in game is one thing

However you slice it, bro. Loggng out to avoid interactions with other players is bitch shit. Avoiding them in game is one thing

Who cares? Fuck sake maybe when everyone stops killing everyone like its call of fucking duty with zombies as a nuisance, JUST maybe is when players stop logging out when they see another player, works both ways buddy you bitch about combat loggers? They bitch about the KoS, think about both sides for a change you nimwit

• Like 1

You are so innocent. That's cute. Now: read and learn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_blackout_of_1977

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_police_strike

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_disturbances_and_military_action_in_New_Orleans_after_Hurricane_Katrina#Civil_disturbances

• Like 1

Would you really shoot someone else because they have something you want? As I said in another thread you're fibers will tell and hold you back from pulling the trigger, remember, when you commit a crime or kill someone you are forced to live with it for the rest of your life.

Also those aren't exactly kill everyone for survival.

Edited by Tyrael75

There's a little Rage Against The Machine in all of us 

• Like 1

Except what is called a PSYCHOPATH, but even those often have company e.g. the head of the ex-wife. "She told me to do this" :lol:

• Like 1

Would you really shoot someone else because they have something you want? As I said in another thread you're fibers will tell and hold you back from pulling the trigger, remember, when you commit a crime or kill someone you are forced to live with it for the rest of your life.

Well, I'd rather live with the consequences of my choice, than die out of thirst or hunger. If you're a father, I'm sure you'd kill anybody if they would pose threat to your children. Or to secure food, drink or medicine they need to survive.

I'm one of the lucky guys who never killed anybody else. I do not know how I would handle it. But I know there are plenty who handle it pretty well.

Also, when there is no law, there is also no crime. Let me use an example:

Have you ever heard of school bullies? Why do they grief upon the weaker? Why do they rob them of their stuff? Because they know they won't be punished. As people grow older, they start to realise that there's a law and they might end up in jail. For 13 y.o. law is an abstract thing. Also, they think they have enough power to intimidate their victims, so the authorities won't be noticed. If you'd depenalize murder, I assure you you'd see the murder count rising and rising. It's the law that keeps the world in place. During an apocalypse, complete anarchy, the only rule is the rule of the fittest.

Now, please, read the link I gave you and have a proof. These are all examples of incidents/experiments when the law was "turned off". People went mad. Bullying, stealing, raping, murdering.

Welcome to the real world.

• Like 1

Well, I'd rather live with the consequences of my choice, than die out of thirst or hunger. If you're a father, I'm sure you'd kill anybody if they would pose threat to your children. Or to secure food, drink or medicine they need to survive.

I'm one of the lucky guys who never killed anybody else. I do not know how I would handle it. But I know there are plenty who handle it pretty well.

Also, when there is no law, there is also no crime. Let me use an example:

Have you ever heard of school bullies? Why do they grief upon the weaker? Why do they rob them of their stuff? Because they know they won't be punished. As people grow older, they start to realise that there's a law and they might end up in jail. For 13 y.o. law is an abstract thing. Also, they think they have enough power to intimidate their victims, so the authorities won't be noticed. If you'd depenalize murder, I assure you you'd see the murder count rising and rising. It's the law that keeps the world in place. During an apocalypse, complete anarchy, the only rule is the rule of the fittest.

Now, please, read the link I gave you and have a proof. These are all examples of incidents/experiments when the law was "turned off". People went mad. Bullying, stealing, raping, murdering.

Welcome to the real world.

Yes but NO ONE KILLED each other

Maybe we should wait until you can do something other then kill players in the game before we start nit picking behavior?   PvP is always going to be a big part of the game, and right now it's the only thing in the game. Running around with your friends playing grab ass only goes so far - at some point people are going to want to interact in the game, and right now the only interaction is shooting lead at each other. 

Relax.  It will get better.  

• Like 1