GotAWarInTheHead

Found A New Item!!!

I have seen 1 walkie talkie,not sure why did they put it in

wtf is so cool about it? it doesn't work and it takes 2 slots of your inventory.

wtf is so cool about it? it doesn't work and it takes 2 slots of your inventory.

Haha, nothing yet.  The POSSIBILITIES are cool.  The potential for so many uses.

Lads, has anyone found bullet proof vest? I saw pictures of some kind of vest with sign "press" on it but never saw it in game.

Is it anti-stab or against bullets?

I guess it spawns in barracks?

And is there only the one with "press" sign or any other?

Would be cool if you could find armor plates that you could put in such vest and then even change them, if you got shot.

Edited by Hombre

Lads, has anyone found bullet proof vest? I saw pictures of some kind of vest with sign "press" on it but never saw it in game.

Is it anti-stab or against bullets?

I guess it spawns in barracks?

I certainly have not!  I saw videos of the Devs playing with the PRESS vest.  I read others' claiming to have found one...but I have yet to see a screen shot or video.

I certainly have not!  I saw videos of the Devs playing with the PRESS vest.  I read others' claiming to have found one...but I have yet to see a screen shot or video.

I guess it takes a lot of luck...or some dirty server hopping to find one.

Just have to know were to find it. The two times I visited it's spawn location, it was there.

I had a press vest already. They tend to spawn near train stations or a certain wreck...

Lost it due to character reset or hive problem though. It's okay-ish. Mil vests have two more slots, but I think this is good to have a rare vest that is not necessarily "better" and stands out via blue color: Certain (friendlier?) people can use it for certain purposes. But then again the rarity increases general demand, so ...

I hate to admit how much I did dirty server hopping at 5AM running around the NWAF and the military base south of there.  And I still never found any PRESS vest...or chain saw...

Edited by GotAWarInTheHead

This brings up a thought from me.  I really hope they make the item system so that there are a lot of common items, but also a lot of rare items.  I want a lot of hidden treasures where if you're playing a game with 150 people, only one player has a specific item.  Or maybe even none.  Maybe there's items that only pop up on ONE server each day, only spawning once.  

I want a wide range! Pa-pa-please!

• Like 1

Eventually I would love to see a radio station/transmitter up on Green Mountain where people can create their own radio show.

There are so many possibilities and potential awesome creative uses for the walkie talkies etc.!

New member/first post, here!

So I was just playing some DayZ SA before work this morning.  I happened to come across 2 new (to me) items.  One was a really crappy sight for the machine gun.  It was just metal, and looked like 2 pieces of metal at a right angle.  That was neat, it seemed more useful than the default "handle" type sight.

The other item I found was a WALKIE TALKIE!  That is exciting.  I couldn't hold it in my hand, but I assume we'll be able to eventually.  How do you think it'll work?  Will you and your friend need walkie talkies and then you can talk to each other from across the map?  Do you think other players with walkie talkies will be able to tune into your station and spy on your conversations?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but both of those items have been in-game for some time.

I hate to admit how much I did

dirty server hopping at 5AM running around the NWAF and the military base south of there.  And I still never found any PRESS vest...or chain saw...

found a press and anti stab vest  inside Berezino train station :)

Cant wait to get me a walkie talkie and chat up all the COOL people who play XD

Only COOL people use WALKIE TALKIES, yo!

I remember Rocket mentioning the it will be like a simpler version of ACRE. Where occlusion etc will affect your signal strength, and you will be able to tape down the switch and drop it in order to listen to conversation remotely.

Pro tip: All the rare shit such as Press Vest's are to be found in train stations.

Walkietalkies are all over fire stations in Electro