GotAWarInTheHead

Found A New Item!!!

New member/first post, here!

So I was just playing some DayZ SA before work this morning.  I happened to come across 2 new (to me) items.  One was a really crappy sight for the machine gun.  It was just metal, and looked like 2 pieces of metal at a right angle.  That was neat, it seemed more useful than the default "handle" type sight.

The other item I found was a WALKIE TALKIE!  That is exciting.  I couldn't hold it in my hand, but I assume we'll be able to eventually.  How do you think it'll work?  Will you and your friend need walkie talkies and then you can talk to each other from across the map?  Do you think other players with walkie talkies will be able to tune into your station and spy on your conversations?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned / discussed, but I didn't see any topics about walkie talkies.

hopefully itll be akin to the ACRE system. look that up if you dont know what it is, its pretty diverse

I have seen 1 walkie talkie,not sure why did they put it in

In the future that will be your way to talk with people from above 40 meters range.

The other item I found was a WALKIE TALKIE!  That is exciting.  I couldn't hold it in my hand, but I assume we'll be able to eventually.  How do you think it'll work?  Will you and your friend need walkie talkies and then you can talk to each other from across the map?  Do you think other players with walkie talkies will be able to tune into your station and spy on your conversations?

All of this has already been confirmed :)

• Like 1

I do hope it is like ACRE.

Nou has done a lot of good with that in Arma2 and Arma3. It is a great system with even great realism.

• Like 1

I dont really get the idea, I dont think many people will use them... maybe only to troll people... ts etc have been invented

New member/first post, here!

So I was just playing some DayZ SA before work this morning.  I happened to come across 2 new (to me) items.  One was a really crappy sight for the machine gun.  It was just metal, and looked like 2 pieces of metal at a right angle.  That was neat, it seemed more useful than the default "handle" type sight.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned / discussed, but I didn't see any topics about walkie talkies.

screenshots please.

In the future that will be your way to talk with people from above 40 meters range.

its a cool concept but really most groups/clans are using skype/vent/ts3 etc anyway..and i doubt many people will care to talk to random people within 100m of them..

First of all you can listen to wip radio stations ...imagening radio wasteland from fallout 3 this is a great addition for rollplaying. Beside that there are enough people like me who don't like the metagaming aspects of teamspeak and will prefer using the radios for communicating over long distances. Also you can use them to distract zeds...to spy people out..or just for fun to troll people :-)

People should be more creative instead of just running to military bases and shoot people....

• Like 7

its a cool concept but really most groups/clans are using skype/vent/ts3 etc anyway..and i doubt many people will care to talk to random people within 100m of them..

There's more to it than just that.

As already stated, radiostations and what not.

+ everyone in dayz isn't in a community.

although many people use TS and Skype to talk, those talkies will be really nice :)

i hope theyll add radio station equipment so people can broadcast their stuff around.

or place them on the ground and talk to strangers

Radio stations are I think confirmed by Rocket, how they will be used and how they will work is the question mark but anyway it's nice feature to communicate maybe to leave messages to survivors maybe to communicate with military bases etc...

TS or not, they will be useful if you're somewhat creative.

You can place them somewhere and talk to people who enter a certain area, if they also work when not being on a player (in an inventory or in hand). You could communicate with people you meet. You could communicate with other people you "meet" via radio. Or you can give one to a group while you are "on your own radio freq" (TS or whatever) and relay communication that way, if they can't use TS, Skype, etc.

In short: Will be nice!

OH!  I don't think this was mentioned...what if you get 2 walkies and leave one somewhere on the ground...say inside a door.  You then run 100m away and lay prone.  Then talk through your walkie when you see people getting near, leading them to the building...and then POW.  Shoot them in the back.  Know what I'm saying?!  That would be awesome!  Especially in big cluttered cities.

It would actually be awesome if usage wasn't bound to (living) players.

I mean imagine that.

You enter some building and see a massacre, bodies everywhere, and amidst them you hear a click and radio message: "...come in, dammit! What is your status!?".

E: Meaning that a radio basically enables some sort of "sidechat" (but bound to radios or certain frequencies) in text and VOIP.

Edited by Combine

You can leave walkie and place note next to it saying take this if you need me I'm on that frequency :)

Like solid snake

• Like 1

"Orlok I don't know if you're out there, I don't know if you can hear me, maybe you're listening right now. I hope so. I found others: my family, if you can believe it. My wife and son, they're alive, I wanted you to know that. There's something else you *need* to know: Cherno isn't what we thought, it's not what they promised, the city is... do not enter the city. It belongs to the dead now. We're camped a few miles northwest, up by a big, abandoned rock quarry: you can see it on a map. I hope you come find us, but be careful: last night, walkers came out of the woods. We lost people. Watch yourself, Orlok, take care of your boy. I'll try you again tomorrow at dawn."

• Like 1

You can leave walkie and place note next to it saying take this if you need me I'm on that frequency :) Like solid snake

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!  And that was like the first game series I was ever addicted to (Metal Gear Solid).  I got a pen and paper before but (I didn't try very hard) didn't get it to write.  Can you literally write notes with the pens and paper, right now?  Or just later?

And that's a great idea, serious.  You could meet random friends on there, or meet people that SAY they're friendly and end up meeting up and killing you.  So many possibilities!