Mojomaster001

Stream Sniping A Huge Problem

I'm pretty sure Rocket has mentioned a streamer friendly UI option will be added at some point, I think the main giveaway at the moment is the playerlist when they are joining. Find any player in that list and you will find the server. As far as I know they can already turn steam offline or make their profile private so that players can't see what server they are in, they will need to cover the player list and server browser etc though when connecting.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 2

A streamer with a high viewer base is significant to the game, well for to the developers them selfs and the growth of the game. Just look at the steam weekly sales when a big streamer starts playing a new or old game they always seem to be in the top ten. So if they do nothing for them they will go and stream another game and all that revenue that dayz could have gotten would be lost. Think of all the aspects before your own when you want to make a comment.

And tht goes for everyone say that this doesn't matter

I think you get it wrong. Yeah it is quite douchy, and most of us don't agree with the practice. However, there is no definite way to prevent it (the things SmashT mentions will make it harder tho without breaking the game for others, so that would be a good alternative). We can ask people not to do it, but that is it!

Hahah, ya sacriel, psisyndicate...im sure they hate all that attention...more viewers = $$$

They could solve the steam sniping by changing their in game name,but that wouldn't make any cents

Edited by AussieBobby

And I don't really believe you have to much pride to legitimately make 25.000

I'm a southern boy that has worked to EARN everything he has his entire life. Spent the last years of my life in the military. I already have earned over 25000 throughout my young life so far. If anyone were to "pledge" that kind of money to me for anything? It would honestly go straight to the government with a letter telling those fucks to stop being dirt cheap (Literally) and burying dead soldiers 4ft under because 6ft is too expensive.

Back on topic. Yes 25000 seems ridiculous. I only seen it on a bar next to him with the end goal, and the chat lit up with "Holy Shit" everwhere. Other than that I never caught the guy that actually "donated" that much. However I wont just dismiss it as fake the whole way. There are crazier things that have happened.

I'm a southern boy that has worked to EARN everything he has his entire life. Spent the last years of my life in the military. I already have earned over 25000 throughout my young life so far. If anyone were to "pledge" that kind of money to me for anything? It would honestly go straight to the government with a letter telling those fucks to stop being dirt cheap (Literally) and burying dead soldiers 4ft under because 6ft is too expensive.

I dont understand what is so bad about taking money for streaming. You make something and people enjoy it enough to pay for it (meaning: sitting through ads). If somebody can and is willing to do the same for less ads/free, they can do so and probably be more popular. I don't see how streaming is immoral, but for example buying and selling products like any retailer does is.

moment guy stream from closed server hand pick friend for play is lose all integrity and take away danger ;)

THIS KILL FUN!!!

and guys watch stream only for fun :thumbsup:  :D

imagine how shit stream is only 'friend' on server :huh:

and how you know if guys who are 'internet friend' don't get info from real life friend and do stream snipe anyway :lol:

streamer are egotist :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

they hate to die in public is humiliate for them

is why 90% watch :D

take away wild nature of public server you kill atmosphere of stream also show coward side

and only strange mind fanatic fan boys staying for watch and for me this is nightmare scenario :o

much english

much grammar

very wow

on topic: stream sniping has been there ever since the Mod got famous. There is no general solution to this and there never will be as long as server tracking goes on.

Deal with it.

I think you get it wrong. Yeah it is quite douchy, and most of us don't agree with the practice. However, there is no definite way to prevent it (the things SmashT mentions will make it harder tho without breaking the game for others, so that would be a good alternative). We can ask people not to do it, but that is it!

Can I ask why you quoted my comment here? Because everything you said in your post had no relevance to what I said.

Stream sniping is fun. I love to watch streamers get hunted down.

So dont stream? It's like giving your enemies the ability to ghost. Streamers should put their stream on some sort of delay, like watching games in progress for dota.

Edited by Vodski

You're playing a survival horror game with completely unrestricted PvP. If you stand up and announce your presence to the world, expect to get the top of your brain pan shot off. It's not complicated.

If you were a bank robber and streaming your latest crime, are you going to complain when the cops show up to bust you?

So dont stream? It's like giving your enemies the ability to ghost. Streamers should put their stream on some sort of delay, like watching games in progress for dota.

You do know that streaming is a job for these people yea? They get paid to do it. By getting subscribers that pay €5 a month and sponcers they make a good living off it. What they can't do is play a game that is not enjoyable for there loyle viewers. Getting stream snipped if enjoyable for the stream snippets but they aren't the once subbing these guys so instead of making money the are losing it.

see'ing as how most of these e-stars enforce infectious gameplay, i support the hell out of stream sniping.

streamer decides to kill fresh spawns, you've got a thousand strong kiddies doing the same thing. keeps new players from wanting to join.

You do know that streaming is a job for these people yea? They get paid to do it. By getting subscribers that pay €5 a month and sponcers they make a good living off it. What they can't do is play a game that is not enjoyable for there loyle viewers. Getting stream snipped if enjoyable for the stream snippets but they aren't the once subbing these guys so instead of making money the are losing it.

Oh noes, they might have to get a real job instead of playing a video game for a living, HOW HORRIBLE

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

Video game streamers want attention, it sounds like they're getting it. 

this guy gets it, also it wasnt started on 4chan. Let's please stop pretending like that site and /b/ are still relevant

Edited by Sickerthansars

Streamer gets killed, instantly blame it on stream sniping. 

• Like 3

I can agree it's bullshit but it's probably on the bottom of the board of priorities to fix. Some of these streamers make THOUSANDS of dollars a month playing a video game - a little foul play aint gonna ruin it for them.

Seriously... I watched Lirik for an hour and a half yesterday and in subscribers (at $2's each) and shoutout board messages at $2 dollars each he made over 200 dollars in an hour and a half.,.. playing a video game.

• Like 1

If you broadcast your location to people, expect to get killed.

I look at it as a way to curb the menace that is streams

• Like 1

Wouldn't the best solution just be for the streamers to add a small delay to their stream?  something like 30 seconds or so?

Wouldn't the best solution just be for the streamers to add a small delay to their stream?  something like 30 seconds or so?

30 seconds isn't big enough a delay for a game like DayZ where just your general location is necessary, plus a large amount of viewers enjoy interacting with the streamer and adding even a 2-3 minute delay would kind of destroy that.

Well when the streamers start giving some of the slaray they bring it to the devs of the games they play for money then they should get special stream treatment, until then fuck em its not a real job if they cant take the heat stop streaming.

• Like 1

I think we should allow Streamers to be invulnerable.

If you broadcast your location to people, expect to get killed. I look at it as a way to curb the menace that is streams

and how is streaming a menace???

as the other guy said 30 seconds just wouldn't be enough for a game the size of dayz. and adding more ruins the interaction with the viewers/subs.

Well when the streamers start giving some of the slaray they bring it to the devs of the games they play for money then they should get special stream treatment, until then fuck em its not a real job if they cant take the heat stop streaming.

just cos it is a really good job doesn't mean it isnt a real job, there is supply and demand for everything. they are simply making money by doing something they love, if i could do what i love for a living i would. it is rare in this world that  you can actually do a job you love to and if you ever get the chance to do a job that you love grab it.

Oh noes, they might have to get a real job instead of playing a video game for a living, HOW HORRIBLE

do i sense a bit of jealousy? me thinks so :)

and how is streaming a menace???

as the other guy said 30 seconds just wouldn't be enough for a game the size of dayz. and adding more ruins the interaction with the viewers/subs.

just cos it is a really good job doesn't mean it isnt a real job, there is supply and demand for everything. they are simply making money by doing something they love, if i could do what i love for a living i would. it is rare in this world that  you can actually do a job you love to and if you ever get the chance to do a job that you love grab it.

its not a job, its a hobby. streamers dont deserve special treatment just because they have morons paying to watch them to play a game.

Edited by Gerandar