Mojomaster001

Stream Sniping A Huge Problem

Streamers are queers that need to get down from their high horse anyway.

90% of the cases.

Delay the stream of 30 minutes, problem solved.

Edited by iRazgriz

Delay the stream of 30 minutes, problem solved.

what will streamer blame death on if they doing that??? :o

is end of steam snipe excuse bullshits :D

Edited by KoS

stream snipe is only HUGE PROBLEM for streamer guy and fan boys :o

for every other guy is add something fun for watch :D

best stream I watching show sacriel dying from stream snipe guy 4 TIME :lol:

but is also true every time sacriel die is stream snipe guy :huh:

point is it happen

and when it happen don't worry nothing, relax make joke and start again enjoy game ;)

IS NOT END OF WORLD!!! :huh:

if you cant accept don't make stream :thumbsup:  :P

You say "If you can't accept don't make steam" But when Sacriel get killed by anyone on dayz he crys and all ways says "Stream Snip" :p 

You say "If you can't accept don't make steam" But when Sacriel get killed by anyone on dayz he crys and all ways says "Stream Snip" :P

I know is only reason why I watch is to see sacriel die :D

I love when he die :thumbsup:  :P

he make funnier rage and QQ I ever see and for him EVERY TIME HE DIE WAS STREAM SNIPE even when is obvious is not true he saying this :lol:

I hope he doing 30 minute delay then we see what new excuse he create

'was time travel stream sniper' :o

Edited by KoS
  • Like 1

I know is why I watch :D

he make funnier rage and QQ I ever see and for him EVERY TIME HE DIE WAS STREAM SNIPE even when is obvious is not true he saying this :lol:

My brains has to work to underatnd you...

when my brains works I hurt...

you hurt me :)

I know is only reason why I watch is to see sacriel die :D

Yer too funny isn't like Lirik and few others just start again haha

My brains has to work to underatnd you...

when my brains works I hurt...

you hurt me :)

is not on purpose thing I doing for make pain on you ;)

I trying best for improve English :thumbsup:  :|

• Like 1

Yeah cause the biggest problem now in early Alpha is some random streamer getting shot too often...

Set up a new account on steam and buy the game again(hey your just supporting the game). Don't use any obvious names that you used before and don't add any friends. Best to have your friends setup a new steam account and buy the game again. Give server info in TS chat or whatever. Overlay your game to hide player names and when you log into server.... Also to whoever said that streaming isn't helping, think of how many copies have been bought and given away on streams. Easier fix (maybe not a complete fix) would be if they could change their name in-game and not have to use steam names like the mod. But eventually if they want to find you they will only be able to by server hopping and going to your location. Or if they have other means beside gametracker, steam, some ip tools...whatever.  But like others have said, streamers put themselves out there but it sucks to be stream sniped by the same people over and over again. Well anyways my two cents.

I saw an idiot with his steam name as his Twitch.tv account.

I went on his stream, him and his friends only combat log and justify it by saying "If somebody has guns and I don't then it's okay", they also server hop.

After seeing them combat log and server hop, I went in and destroyed all of those little fuckers and I will continue to do so until they decide to stop playing like little idiotic shits.

Point is, hide your servers if you're streaming, and don't put your fucking in game or steam name as your live stream URL, what do you expect to happen in that case?

So I have noticed a huge increase of stream sniping lately. Apperently there is a group that has been started on 4chan to go and stream snipe many streamers. It doesn't matter if you play offline on steam or change your name. All they have to do is find your name once and then track you though external tracking, eg: server tracking websites. These websites also have a way to see previous names of players so changing your name doesnt help.

Is there anyway that external tracking could be disabled for SA? That way you can stream and be offline on steam and not get stream sniped.

I saw an idiot with his steam name as his Twitch.tv account.

I went on his stream, him and his friends only combat log and justify it by saying "If somebody has guns and I don't then it's okay", they also server hop.

After seeing them combat log and server hop, I went in and destroyed all of those little fuckers and I will continue to do so until they decide to stop playing like little idiotic shits.

Point is, hide your servers if you're streaming, and don't put your fucking in game or steam name as your live stream URL, what do you expect to happen in that case?

My thoughts on "Stream Sniping":

A lot of streamers have been admonished by DayZ staff for locking public servers and auto-kicking and then there are certain streamers who have made quite the reputation for themselves hacking on the DayZ mod so a few of them, kind of bring the hate on themselves.  For the rest, being

"efamous" comes with followers, both good and bad.  On the same note, streamers are no different from players either, there are good and bad ones.  Anyone who tries to make the argument, that streamers need ad revenue so they can pay their rent, buy diapers for their babies and that anyone who stops them from "winning" is stealing their internet moniez is ridiculous.

As far as claims that all these stream snipers are haxxors...ZOMG! You don't need hax to stream snipe someone.  Names can be easily found from Steam Community, google, etc. including the fact Steam publicly tracks your previously used aliases.  As far as figuring out what server they're playing on, all you need is:

http://www.gametracker.com/search/dayz/

So while there may be a few stream snipers who have used hacks, it's silly to accuse all stream snipers of hacking because you don't need hacks to track someone down on Steam/In-Game not to mention a lot of them constantly stick to Cherno/Balota, so it's not exactly hard to find them in-game.

I'm not advocating stream sniping and I'm not saying it's wrong or right but if you're playing on a public server, you shouldn't expect any special privileges cuz ur youtubes famous or whatever.  Most of these streamers run around in DayZ with large squads in full milgear killing other players and what's the bandit ethos/typical response to being killed?  Deal with it...so they should take their own advice.

My advice for playing DayZ and streaming?  Just have fun.  Classic DayZ advice?  Don't get too attached to your gear.

• Like 1

Delay the stream by X amount of time.

So stuff you did shows up to viewers a few minutes after it happens.

Problem solved (mostly, they still generally know where you are)

Ok, I glanced through most of this thread, and if I missed someone saying what I am about to say, I apologize for reiterating it.

But I DIDNT see anyone say anything like this, and I feel it needs to be said:

If a streamer is using hacks/scripts, shame on him. He deserves whatever he gets. That being said....

Weather or not you like a streamer, or if you hate his channel, or are annoyed by the sound of their voice is IRELEVANT.

If you "stream snipe", YOU are no better than any hacker/script kiddie out there, and do not deserve the pedestal you stand on.

Why? Because you are using a live broadcast to acquire foreknowledge of another player's location, and are USING that knowledge to gain an unfair advantage, enabling you to pick an optimum angle of approach and opportunity to kill them.

Explain to me how, other than the lack of an actual script or other 3rd party software, this is ANY different than a radar/ESP hack? You are using an out-of-game source of intel to give you an unfair advantage.

You can't pin this on the streamer. At all. If they are hacking, by all means, I say. Kill the cheating bastards. But if they are just playing the game, you cant justify this in ANY way.

"I don't like streamers" = NO JUSTIFICATION. Don't watch them then.

"I don't like THIS PARTICULAR streamer" = NO JUSTIFICATION. Again, don't watch it. His/her life is none of your business.

"They are doing a live broadcast, telling everyone where they are, they had it coming!" = STILL NO JUSTIFICATION. You are cheating. AND sabotaging their stream, which is a source of income for many of them. Which leads me to:

"Streamers make money off this shit? Go get a real job! *sabotages stream" = WHAT?! Really??? Who the hell are you to tell someone what they should do for a living? Its not like they are selling drugs, or engaging in prostitution (and even then, there is grounds for debate, depending on your moral stance). I would LOVE to see how you react when someone else tries to dictate the terms of your adult life for you.

Unless the streamer is hacking (and even then, it better be ABSOLUTELY un questionable, no doubt, PROOF POSITIVE), there is no excuse for this!

I challenge you. I DARE you to come up with any justification, any soapbox to stand on, that makes this anything other than what it is: CHEATING.

• Like 2

Idiots.

I think I'll just stream my game to the internet so everyone can see where I am and what I'm doing.

What could possibly go wrong?

If you don't want people hunting you, first step might be to avoid telling everyone where you are and what gear you have.

Ok, I glanced through most of this thread, and if I missed someone saying what I am about to say, I apologize for reiterating it.

But I DIDNT see anyone say anything like this, and I feel it needs to be said:

If a streamer is using hacks/scripts, shame on him. He deserves whatever he gets. That being said....

Weather or not you like a streamer, or if you hate his channel, or are annoyed by the sound of their voice is IRELEVANT.

If you "stream snipe", YOU are no better than any hacker/script kiddie out there, and do not deserve the pedestal you stand on.

Why? Because you are using a live broadcast to acquire foreknowledge of another player's location, and are USING that knowledge to gain an unfair advantage, enabling you to pick an optimum angle of approach and opportunity to kill them.

Explain to me how, other than the lack of an actual script or other 3rd party software, this is ANY different than a radar/ESP hack? You are using an out-of-game source of intel to give you an unfair advantage.

You can't pin this on the streamer. At all. If they are hacking, by all means, I say. Kill the cheating bastards. But if they are just playing the game, you cant justify this in ANY way.

"I don't like streamers" = NO JUSTIFICATION. Don't watch them then.

"I don't like THIS PARTICULAR streamer" = NO JUSTIFICATION. Again, don't watch it. His/her life is none of your business.

"They are doing a live broadcast, telling everyone where they are, they had it coming!" = STILL NO JUSTIFICATION. You are cheating. AND sabotaging their stream, which is a source of income for many of them. Which leads me to:

"Streamers make money off this shit? Go get a real job! *sabotages stream" = WHAT?! Really??? Who the hell are you to tell someone what they should do for a living? Its not like they are selling drugs, or engaging in prostitution (and even then, there is grounds for debate, depending on your moral stance). I would LOVE to see how you react when someone else tries to dictate the terms of your adult life for you.

Unless the streamer is hacking (and even then, it better be ABSOLUTELY un questionable, no doubt, PROOF POSITIVE), there is no excuse for this!

I challenge you. I DARE you to come up with any justification, any soapbox to stand on, that makes this anything other than what it is: CHEATING.

Best post I've seen in this thread some really good points as I have said in the past it is a problem but not a big one there is a million other things that need to be sorted before this.

• Like 1

What is a stream?  Is that where someone is live feed playing?

If so, why wouldn't a streamer just record it?  What is the point of a stream?