Sign in to follow this  
WhySoSadCZ

Possible map expansion ?

Is there any chance, that a current map is gonna be expanded ? I think I am not the only one who would apreciate new areas to explore :)

I think that the northern expansion is going to be around all those empty roads on the map atm. If you go up there ther are a lot of long empty roads and concrete pads dotted about the place.

• Like 1

Yeah i was only looking at the map and there is a lot of unused space where they could unleash their imagination. Military complexes, castles, maybe some kind of university, laboratories, factories... Oh, I can't wait :D

They were also going to add Utes, an island north of Chernarus, but I think they ditched it again because it would be too much work.

They've got a lot of time on their hands but also a lot of work. Most important is to focus on game mechanics, maybe than they will do some of these updates, it would certainly be great...

They were also going to add Utes, an island north of Chernarus, but I think they ditched it again because it would be too much work.

I thought it was south? and i never heard they ditched it, just not finished yet

• Like 2

I'd love for them to expand the map and introduce farming or settlement development  (make the map big enough that it would be a bit harder for others to find your farm)

That makes me cry.... But I heard that one guy got a leaked copy of DayZ to work in A3, and that there was Utes in the south. All we know it could be in already, but with 3km view distance we just wouldn't see it....

That makes me cry.... But I heard that one guy got a leaked copy of DayZ to work in A3, and that there was Utes in the south. All we know it could be in already, but with 3km view distance we just wouldn't see it....

Dont need a leaked copy for that. Just importing files and changing some configs.

The problem I'm having, and this isn't a game breaker for me, is that ChernarusPlus is v. pretty and there are some interesting changes in there, but it still feels like the same old Chernarus over again.

What I'd like to see is maybe a whole new map. Push out the boundaries as far as can be managed and make the map truely epic in proportions. Especially as they intend to add cars. Chernarus is way too small when you can travel at 50 m/ph.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, were going to need new maps period, eventually.

I hope they add map editing as the first thing you can modify, so that we can get community made maps and stuff like that.

..and beyond are magnificent grasslands where we shall plant wheat to grow, run cows to milk and  slaughter, mob sheep to shag.  Way out there beyond the darklands is where we shall rebuild our devastated communities and learn to love and things again..

• Like 1

I think Utes is actually already on there they just took it out for release as they wanted a stable and basic version of the game. In one of the devblogs rocket showed it on the map :) also at the moment there wouldn't be any way of getting over there because you'd probably get sick swimming there!!

Dont need a leaked copy for that. Just importing files and changing some configs.

Well, no because the actual version doesn't have utes, but a leaked version might. I dunno. Why don't you try it? :P I'd love to know

It's completely possible for a new map to be created but I doubt they'll consider it until after Chernarus+ is done.  It's not an easy task but they have the talent and experience to do it faster than the community.

Personally, I love the changes to the northern edge of the map.  It's very fun exploring that area and some buildings have already been added since I first took that stroll through that neck of the woods.