Sign in to follow this  
DeceasedPath

Spawn changes need to be changed

These spawn changes are terrible. I spawn so far up North on the East coast every time it takes me 45 minutes of running just to get to the Cherno area. Now I understand that I shouldn't spawn there every time, but there needs to be some balance. All I see is people trying to kill themselves over and over just to get a good spawn. 

seriously, if your instant thought is to head to cherno, instead of dealing with what you were givin, then stop playing the game. The reason they made the spawns more varied is to stop people with your mentality.

• Like 13

These spawn changes are terrible. I spawn so far up North on the East coast every time it takes me 45 minutes of running just to get to the Cherno area. Now I understand that I shouldn't spawn there every time, but there needs to be some balance. All I see is people trying to kill themselves over and over just to get a good spawn. 

So it's no fun if you don't spawn in Cherno or near Balota?  I don't wanna sound obvious here but if you're spawning "so far up North on the East coast" you could always go to NEAF.  Why does everyone have to spawn at Cherno?  Why shouldn't it take you 45 minutes to get to Cherno?  DayZ isn't supposed to be an instant gratification game.

• Like 2

So it's no fun if you don't spawn in Cherno or near Balota?  I don't wanna sound obvious here but if you're spawning "so far up North on the East coast" you could always go to NEAF.  Why does everyone have to spawn at Cherno?  Why shouldn't it take you 45 minutes to get to Cherno?  DayZ isn't supposed to be an instant gratification game.

This one time i went to buy milk but the  bus droped me at target BUT I allways get my milk at 7 Eleven!

So I walked 45 minutes to 7 eleven to buy the milk.

^see how dumb this sounds?

• Like 1

Wow. Nice constructive criticism guys. Read the whole thing. I'm just tired of being in the same spot over and over. A change would be nice.

Spawns now make sense. Before nobody was on the east coast cause everything that was good is on the west side of the map and mostly every server people camped Bolota Airfield killing each other and working their way up the west side hitting all the military camps. Now you have to cross east to west and now it makes perfect sense. I hope it stays this way. Now you have to work to get your gear and make better choices about killing people or putting yourself in the position to be killed. Devs can take my beans!!

• Like 1

Wow. Nice constructive criticism guys. Read the whole thing. I'm just tired of being in the same spot over and over. A change would be nice.

You're tired of spawning in the same place over and over yet you seem to only want to be in the cherno area? Maybe if you stopped killing yourself then you wouldn't be complaining about spawning there.

Loved the old spawns, which left room on the East coast for fairly peaceful survivors, while all the omgbbq360noscope players, where free to gangbang each other on the south coast and the Stary/NWAF corridor. 

Spawns now make sense. Before nobody was on the east coast cause everything that was good is on the west side of the map and mostly every server people camped Bolota Airfield killing each other and working their way up the west side hitting all the military camps. Now you have to cross east to west and now it makes perfect sense. I hope it stays this way. Now you have to work to get your gear and make better choices about killing people or putting yourself in the position to be killed. Devs can take my beans!!

Not to mention people who just died, would just go straight back to Balota and then server hop at the camp/airfield until they had full gear again, and then go ghost people at the airfield.  Now, they actually have to play the game?  Scandalous!

• Like 1

Not to mention people who just died, would just go straight back to Balota and then server hop at the camp/airfield until they had full gear again, and then go ghost people at the airfield.  Now, they actually have to play the game?  Scandalous!

Play what game though?  What does scouring various small towns along your ultimate route of military loot accomplish?  Those towns have nothing of value outside of the hunger/thirst system.  There are no tents to hunt down, there are no vehicles to fix, there are no random events, no heli crashes, etc.  From the second you spawn the end game is military loot, from spawn to military loot there's nothing to do other than loot small towns for items that are irrelevant.

This change needed to happen after some more stuff was implemented.  That way when I walk towards the endgame loot, like everyone ultimately will at some point in this game, there is stuff to encounter and do along the way that will actually engage me instead of me just walking by yet another small town that has more beans/water that I don't need.

Edited by BonnyBrown

seriously, if your instant thought is to head to cherno, instead of dealing with what you were givin, then stop playing the game. The reason they made the spawns more varied is to stop people with your mentality.

No. You should stop playing the game thinking its really about surviving from zombies rofl

I have just as much luck instantly walking north.

I rarely even mess around with Cherno anymore.

Yes sir.

Play what game though?  What does scouring various small towns along your ultimate route of military loot accomplish?  Those towns have nothing of value outside of the hunger/thirst system.  There are no tents to hunt down, there are no vehicles to fix, there are no random events, no heli crashes, etc.  From the second you spawn the end game is military loot, from spawn to military loot there's nothing to do other than loot small towns for items that are irrelevant.

This change needed to happen after some more stuff was implemented.  That way when I walk towards the endgame loot, like everyone ultimately will at some point in this game, there is stuff to encounter and do along the way that will actually engage me instead of me just walking by yet another small town that has more beans/water that I don't need.

I hate to sound like a broken record but from the first paragraph of the game's product description:

We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

Running to Cherno, why?

Well this at the current point in time is all they're going to get http://i.imgur.com/288aULx.jpg

Honestly I don't see a problem with it, so you have to work a bit more to get that gear. What's the issue?

Yup.  My thoughts exactly.  This isn't Call of Duty or Battlefield.  Not by a long shot.  If you wanna kill me, you're gonna earn it.

Running to Cherno, why?

Well this at the current point in time is all they're going to get http://i.imgur.com/288aULx.jpg

Honestly I don't see a problem with it, so you have to work a bit more to get that gear. What's the issue?

What the hell is the point in working harder to get gear when you will end up in a fire fight, Or when you are trying to go up north you already run into people with gear that kill you and send you back down to the coast. Please tell me what makes these spawns better?!?!?!?!!?!

Lol these threads crack me up. You can play one of those other games that you respawn with gear you select and only have to run 50 ft. or so to get your first kill. :rolleyes:

edit - I found a pile of dead bodies at the foot of the closest cliff to the spawn area east of Electro on our server.

Edited by SAXX0N
  • Like 1

What the hell is the point in working harder to get gear when you will end up in a fire fight, Or when you are trying to go up north you already run into people with gear that kill you and send you back down to the coast. Please tell me what makes these spawns better?!?!?!?!!?!

Because it makes you have to survive to get that gear. Survive hunger, thirst, sickness and whatever else you run into.

New Flash! This is a Horror Survival Game which is nothing like BF4 or CoD. Just sayin...

1: You're participating in an alpha. Features are going to be added as the game develops, not necessarily in logical order. Not necessarily immediately contributing to gameplay. Some might even make your gameplay worse until their complementaries are added. You're going to have to live with it.

2: You have unlimited sprint. You can essentially move at 3/4 the speed of the average bike in the mod, forever. Getting from one end of the map to the other doesn't really take all that long if you move in a straight line.

I hate to sound like a broken record but from the first paragraph of the game's product description:

We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.

The whole point is providing feedback to the experience.  Using this disclaimer as some pathetic argument to support your disagreement on where development should go is pathetic lazy "intellect" if I ever saw it.

There's absolutely nothing to do in this game between spawn and end game loot outside of hunger and thirst.  Making the time between those two consist of running for 40 minutes is not something I agree with.  Maybe you enjoy walking for 40+ minutes towards military gear while doing absolutely nothing of value, but personally, I think it's a mistake.

Now enough of your high horse idiocy about how this is alpha and man totally anyone who disagrees with the way things are going need to just deal with it because alpha.  Argue why you favor 40 minutes of nothing while I walk toward military loot and enough with this pathetic hiding behind the disclaimer as if it justifies your view on the dev cycle.

• Like 1

Yup.  My thoughts exactly.  This isn't Call of Duty or Battlefield.  Not by a long shot.  If you wanna kill me, you're gonna earn it.

Except nobody has to "earn" anything.  Just autowalk toward the military loot for 40 min with nothing happening between spawn and then and wow you're geared.  It's not an accomplishment to get geared in this game, not even if it takes an hour to walk to the loot spawns.  It makes no difference if you spent 5 hours slowly walking toward it searching everything and 40 minutes running directly there because there is nothing relevent going on anywhere on the map outside of big cities and military loot spots.

• Like 1

What i gathered from the post, "I only like being in cherno and rarely explore the map, WHY would you spawn me away from cherno?!". In my honest opinion, gtfo.