Chronos Blackburn

DayZ SA needs trophies for players to prove their "time-in-game"

In every major MMO, there is a "trophy" system for players to prove that they are veterans to the game.

- In EVE, you have items like special holiday ships, and stuff like that.

- In WoW, you get a letter saying "Happy 1st Year anniversary" or special holiday only items.

All of these "trophies" are ways to say "Hey, I've been playing this game for a while, I'm a vet and I know what I'm doing."

I think DayZ needs something like this, and I have a good idea for one.

Tattoo's

1. Make it so players can take their shirts off.

2. Example: for Christmas, you could get a 2013 specific Christmas only tattoo, or get a Beta Tester tatoo, something to prove your worth, something to show off.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Chronos Blackburn
  • Like 1

It's a bit imersion breaking IMO.  Tatoos overall sound like a good idea to add in, but something like 'Band!t 4 Lyf3' on the stomach or 'Alpher Tester' sound a bit silly.  Perhaps some small, non removable items on your person, IE a set of dog tags or a ring that your character wears but can't be looted.

I think DayZ should promote surviving one 1 life rather then overal.

but can't be looted.

Nope. Everything should be lootabale/destroyable.

Edited by Frosti

Tattoo's definitely!

bandit 4 lyf

PS.

But I still think that you should be able to get tatoo only if your character survive lets say 24h in game.

If your character die, tatoo is lost, and you need to start survive again.

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 1

Wouldn't it be better to have a system where say you grow a beard, so after say 50 hours ingame you grow a bit of a beard? Or something subtle like that.

• Like 2

It's a bit imersion breaking IMO.  Tatoos overall sound like a good idea to add in, but something like 'Band!t 4 Lyf3' on the stomach or 'Alpher Tester' sound a bit silly.  Perhaps some small, non removable items on your person, IE a set of dog tags or a ring that your character wears but can't be looted.

I should of explained better, not literally the words "Alpha Tester" maybe the Alpha tester tatto could just be a solid black M4 on your arm.

Just having a tatto for things like that, or events, or even just a tatoo that shows the amount of kills your character has gotten by tally marks.

bandit 4 lyf

PS.

But I still think that you should be able to get tatoo only if your character survive lets say 24h in game.

If your character die, tatoo is lost, and you need to start survive again.

Something like that would be a good idea, I was thinking of tick marks on your arm for the ammount of people you have killed with that character, but killing the same guy twice would not count.

In every major MMO, there is a "trophy" system for players to prove that they are veterans to the game.

- In EVE, you have items like special holiday ships, and stuff like that.

- In WoW, you get a letter saying "Happy 1st Year anniversary" or special holiday only items.

All of these "trophies" are ways to say "Hey, I've been playing this game for a while, I'm a vet and I know what I'm doing."

I think DayZ needs something like this, and I have a good idea for one.

Tattoo's

1. Make it so players can take their shirts off.

2. Example: for Christmas, you could get a 2013 specific Christmas only tattoo, or get a Beta Tester tatoo, something to prove your worth, something to show off.

What do you guys think?

I really don't think DayZ needs to go the way of other MMOs and I don't think Alpha testers need some sort of special flare to lord over non-Alpha testers.

And I definitely don't think we need some sort of way to distinguish "veterans" from newer players.  Everyone bleeds red.

I'm not against more character customization options but I don't think they're a priority and I don't think there should be exclusive options...unless you're Rocket. :P

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

not a bad idea as long as it was implemented in a Day Z like fashion. but it's not exactly at the top of my list of stuff I want in the game

I'd like to have a simply running clock that shows the amount of time survived on a character. it reset on death. It can be forum based or in game where we can proudly say we've been surviving the Zombie apoc. 

There is no reason why bandits couldn't take trophies in game. I mean the whole clip an ear off of your kill and where it around your neck has been done in several movies/shows. Or it could be a collection of eyeballs(gross) . I'm not a bandit, or a killer so its not important for me. But knowing these sickos are running around would make me want to kill them if I ever cross one, and something like this is very immersive since it is something that could certainly happen in an apocalypse. 

I have survived now 10 days (80 hours) and getting scared because my friend didn't survive last night. I have been fighting for my life many times, multiple close quarters firefights, one sniper but really glad i have friends with saline bags. It would be great to have some small rewards for surviving long!

Coastal Care Bear

Love it!!

Wouldn't it be better to have a system where say you grow a beard, so after say 50 hours ingame you grow a bit of a beard? Or something subtle like that.

I want them to introduce beards anyway, if not as a customization when you make your avatar then some sort of growth and you have to find a razor to get rid of it.. for men anyway.

In all honestly I would love to see things like beards and special items appearing in character creation.

So anyone who was around for the Alpha should be able to spawn with an "Alpha" hoodie etc..

Alternatively since this may be too difficult for ArmA to handle, perhaps it could be a Steam based thing, steam achievements.... consider Steam to be the MMO/community side.

But I would like a way to seeing my gameplay stats, like the old debug menu where I can see players killed, zombies killed etc... Somehow seeing that would be nice.

Beards definitely.

You approach a town and as you are checking it out you spot a survivor with a 3 foot long beard....you just turn and run...the knowledge that beard indicates means you, with your 3 day old stubble, wouldn't stand a chance.

id like to find water tatoos. you know, those that you stick on your skin, put water on it and then pull it off :D

All i want is statistic.

How many hours survived, howmany shots hitted/missed, how many kilometers etc, etc. Sky is the limit for stats.

Beard is cool thou. Obv you should have ability to shave it off.

What do you guys think?

While I'd love to see some beard growing system (if it can be shaved too), I think the "trophy" system is silly, "proves" nothing and is not needed since there is nothing to prove anyway.

If you NEED such things to feel better or something, then why not, but you could just as well write "I'm a veteran of DayZ" on a post-it and stick it up on your forehead, so that everyone can see it :)