Kit - Alpha Six

Rolling Update Rev. 0.30.113925 M4 Gone?

Since the little update today (31/12/13) I have been running around in some untouched military bases and no longer can find a M4. Tons of magazines and ammo but no weapon. Anyone else experiencing this?

Oh the magnum looks nice.. Can't find ammo though lol.

Edited by Kit - Alpha Six

Yeah there is. But before the patch you could find it in almost every ROTC building, barracks or ATCT. Now its like its rare as hell to find lol.

Patch notes don't reflect it but I believe our previous patch notes prior to release was that M4's spawns are getting halved.

NEAF had nothing for weapons. Just magazines, just found it odd last night I was through there and there were tons and now theres nothing at all lol.

They mentioned reducing the spawn rate by 50% or greater this patch for the M4.

Thank god.

Oh really? Well that answers my question then..

so they fucked the bambi spawns and then halved the m4 spawns.. oh man running simulator just gets better and better.. 

if you're not implementing new shit why you taking out old shit that's really the only thing you can do in the fucking game right now... get guns and kill people.. 

way to go

• Like 1

so they fucked the bambi spawns and then halved the m4 spawns.. oh man running simulator just gets better and better.. 

if you're not implementing new shit why you taking out old shit that's really the only thing you can do in the fucking game right now... get guns and kill people.. 

way to go

Because the purpose of the game being out in ALPHA is to test stuff on a large scale. I dunno just a thought.

Hi.

IMHO, its kind of odd lowering the drop rate of weapons or ammo at this stage. I've seen some of the complaints about too much ammo or guns, but I figured it was only this way because of the extremely limited types of guns available. Add more weapon and ammo types and there would automatically be less m4's and its respective ammo.

Guess new spawns will have even more fun trying to evade the bambi hunters :lol:

Either way, I guess they will have to adjust the drop rates again when there are more guns to choose from.

Regards.

I am seeing far fewer M4s which is awesome but still found 3 in total at NWAF. Still that's better than the 7 or 8 I would have found.

I for one welcome a cut in the M4 spawns... it seemed to me like everyone and their brother has an M4. I know that when I spawned in I usually had one and ammo within 10 to 15 minutes, depending on spawn location. Personally prefer the Mosin, but I never passed up the opportunity to grab an M4 until I found one.

• Like 1

oh man running simulator just gets better and better.. 

forget running simulator this is fashion simulator :P

Hi.

Until they add more rifle types it will still seem like everyone and their brother has one :lol:

Unless people would prefer an axe-murder competition, I feel nerfing the drops is bad.

Regards.

They nerfed M4 spawns?  Sweet!  Now I'll just go find a revolver.

Even though I know it would never fit, if Stetsons ad Dusters ever get added I will never change my clothes.

way to go

Probably to nip the whole "get guns and kill people" in the bud.. that's not what this game is supposed to be about.

I for one welcome a cut in the M4 spawns... it seemed to me like everyone and their brother has an M4. I know that when I spawned in I usually had one and ammo within 10 to 15 minutes, depending on spawn location. Personally prefer the Mosin, but I never passed up the opportunity to grab an M4 until I found one.

well you don't have to worry about that any more because now you'll spawn in butt fuck egypt and then run your ass to a base but get bambi killed along the way by campers knowing everyone spawns east of elektro.. rinse and repeat 3-4 times and you might be able to get a gun to defend yourself in 3-4 hours

hopefully there gathering data to compare less guns as opposed to more to balance out later builds with a wider variety of weapons .

way to go

First, I think you have a misconception about what an Alpha is and what the point of an Alpha is.

If anything, this is a step in the right direction towards the game release.  Less is more.  There don't need to be M4s littered everywhere.

Secondly, nothing is going to stop people from just server hopping at airfields/military camps and getting all their milgear in 10 or 20 minutes anyway.

Thirdly, "get guns and kill people" is not the ONLY thing you can do in the game.  You could actually explore, provide constructive feedback and report bugs and exploits...you know...like things people regularly do in alpha testing.

oh the tears...so so so soooooo sweet

This is your input? Really?

Back on topic though. I'm coming across the same problem. I have found a few though, however it was RARE. And honestly? I'm happy about this, I have already came across several survivors with pistols. If you ask me, having a pistol means more of a Zed Apoc. You're not going to try and murder someone 100m out with the damn thing. You're going to keep hold of it for the "shit hits the fan" routine.

Maybe you entered a server that everyone already looted..

Did they wipe the characters? I didn't enter the game since 48 hours I guess

way to go

I guess you never played the mod where finding valuable things was actually a find instead of being a matter of course?

It really made the game what it was. Making loot rare is a cornerstone of DayZ.

Go ahead and get guns and kill people still. Now, it'll take longer and thus the people you kill will have more effort put in them, and you will be risking more effort yourself by going out there. If that doesn't improve the game for you, maybe it's the wrong kind of game for you.

Also, stop whining. Come back in a year when the game is actually beta or released if you want to just whine.