crazyandlazy

Should I invest my time in 1st Person Servers?

I doubt they'll be more popular...

But then popularity is never a barometer of quality (see COD and pop music)

When I play TPS I feel like I'm playing a game, when I play FPS I get immersed in the world - it's a huge difference in feeling

• Like 16

3rd person will undoubtedly be more popular but probably not with the kinds of people you really want to be playing with.

• Like 9

3rd person will undoubtedly be more popular but probably not with the kinds of people you really want to be playing with.

Yeah, don't you know? 1st person players are just better than everyone else. It's like a superior race of beings, except from the same planet and sorry I was going to write more but I rolled my eyes so hard they fell out the back of my fucking head.

• Like 14

Good answer. I wish the houses are more spacious cause 1st person makes me dizzy from time to time. I think I will play it anyways though. Getting excited. Can't wait til I get off work.

• Like 1

In other words, are they going to be the majority in the future? Will they be more popular?

Just wait until they fix the 3rd person, the devs already confirmed looking into it but it probably takes some time.

First person servers are empty :(

Just wait until they fix the 3rd person, the devs already confirmed looking into it but it probably takes some time.

First person servers are empty :(

Of course they are empty, same history of the mod, people complaining about first person only, but every time you see a server FP only is like 10/50 or 6/50,,, but u know, people is always complaining,, 

• Like 2

Yeah, don't you know? 1st person players are just better than everyone else. It's like a superior race of beings, except from the same planet and sorry I was going to write more but I rolled my eyes so hard they fell out the back of my fucking head.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_sports_titles_by_genre

Seems in terms of competitive gaming, you're absolutely on the money. No 3rd person games listed...because it's pointless playing competitively when a guy can watch you from behind a wall or from a rooftop without direct LOS... which is why 3rd person PvP is lol-stupid (unless limited to close combat without cover mechanics)

Edited by phlOgistOn
  • Like 25

Seems in terms of competitive gaming, you're absolutely on the money. No 3rd person games listed...because it's pointless playing competitively when a guy can watch you from behind a wall or from a rooftop without direct LOS... which is why 3rd person PvP is lol-stupid (unless limited to close combat without cover mechanics)

You deserve the most beans ever. That's it.

Just remove PVP completely if they intend to keep this cheat/exploit.

The next update will completely remove 3rd person. A dev has confirmed this through twitter. You can find the quote on the last update thread on this forum.

Edited by m33ts4k0z

The next update will completely remove 3rd person. A dev has confirmed this through twitter. You can find the quote on the last update thread on this forum.

Not true :(

And besides we don't want 3rd person removed, or first person only. We just want the cheat removed from 3rd person.

Technically 3rd person view is cheating since you have a significantly wider view of the area around your character. Unrealistic in a game that aims for as much realism as possible.

That being said, I don't really care that it unbalances things. It makes sneaking up on someone more difficult and driving vehicles something other than a living hell.

• Like 1

In other words, are they going to be the majority in the future? Will they be more popular?

no they wont, look at the mod check there 1st person only servers see how dead they are? the majority of players will never play 1st person only. 

dayz will never be a Esport, the game is to much of a festering pile of garbage to even be considered. 

you play what you enjoying more ;)

if you enjoy playing with guys having strange magic for see you but you don't see them try 3rd person :huh:

if you enjoying more realism way guys see you only when is possible you see them tri 1st person :)

I play only first person because I like feel of experience world through character eyes not some bird who flapping around 6 foots above character <_<

also 3rd person is feel like cheat  to me so I don't feel good when I try this >:(

is no ommersion arcade way for casual guys who have too much fear :o

• Like 3

dayz will never be a Esport, the game is to much of a festering pile of garbage to even be considered. 

Yet here you are. Complaining. And probably playing, to boot.

• Like 1

Yes. Provided you want to speak "in terms of competitive gaming," which nobody was doing or would have any reason to do.

If your big goal in life is to be a professional Doom player, maybe you shouldn't be wasting your time on DayZ anyway? Shouldn't you be training, big man? Riches and women await you, no doubt.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 4

Well done both of you for missing the point.

Irregardless of esports, PvP is competition.

3rd person views ruin the competition by making turtling/camping in cover the most effective tactic. Thus both teams turtle. No-one wins, the crowd goes home bored. Hence why there are no 3rd person esports and why 3rd person sucks for pvp.

The end.

EDIT for the ad hominem attempt: I do still play Quake and I am in the top level of players but am nowhere near the highest echelons that can earn (reasonable) money from it. If I was ten years younger and wanted to earn proper money playing a competitive FPS it'd be from Counterstrike - I don't think it's as highly skilled on an individual level as Quake is but sadly Quake is nearly 20 years old now and with the huge increases in graphical fidelity during the 90s, the most popular games have 'evolved' into more realistic shooters. Put a bunch of Quake players into a CS server and they'll finish in the top places once they've learned the map and specific game mechanics (stutter stepping etc), put us in a COD or BF server and it's even more apparent.

I play many games of all varieties and am hugely interested in game design and mechanics...which is why I'm participating in the alpha - my sig is purely a fuck you for all the COD kiddies running around.

Edited by phlOgistOn

Do you know what kinds of people I don't want to play with? Snobby POV elitists who do nothing but moan and talk shit. 

• Like 2

Never been that big of an advantage. view widens slightly and you can peek over and around some stuff, big deal. Compensates nicely for not being able to peek trough "keyholes" and the like or just raising your head slightly instead of having to go all the way from prone to kneeling. Which is why the ARMA engine had it put in at it's first OFP incarnation in the first place.

The QQ can stop since there are FP only servs now. Must be hard to lose another "look at me being the shiznit" pointer.

Edited by HazZarD87
  • Like 3

The devs will address the complaints about third person view I suspect they will just lock all of the servers to first person view eventually. Third person is just broken.

LOL, thats so far from the truth u might aswell have added Zombies were being removed next patch aswell..

haahah

• Like 1

first person only servers are empty cause every shithead have a easier option, just like it is in the mod, with the 999999 vehicles, spawn with AS50 servers.

Most of the vanilla servers are empty, guess why?

remove the easier option and everybody will play it anyway, the shittier players will start QQing all day long on servers, but just deal with it.

As rocket is always mentioning, this game isnt supposed to be easy, it's supposed to be cruel and aim for a realistic experience, so why all people walk aroung with their eyes 5m above his head?

• Like 1

If they lock out third person, someone's just going to wind up making a mod for it when mod compatibility comes out anyway. Hardcores get their full-throttle immersion, everyone else gets the game they want to play.

Problem?

Edited by Wolfguarde
  • Like 3

If they lock out third person, someone's just going to wind up making a mod for it when mod compatibility comes out anyway. Hardcores get their full-throttle immersion, everyone else gets the game they want to play.

Problem?

I kinda have to agree here. Too many drastic changes from the game I'm accustomed to. Some are forgetting how nice it was to fly and drive in third person.

• Like 1