Navillus

Anyone else bored?

Well, I'm bored as hell with what DayZ has to offer at this point. 

When is a new update coming out? 

...jesus christ, Rocket better not be spending time with family and loved ones during this time of year.

• Like 16

...jesus christ, Rocket better not be spending time with family and loved ones during this time of year.

Omg how dare he :P

• Like 1

See, its not that I am bored, its that I have lost all want to play my computer. I used to be on it all the time having fun yadda yadda. But since DayZ came out I just stopped wanting to play my computer all together. Maybe a coincidence but I guess since Epoch is no longer releveant that was kind of my thing, it took time to progress on that so you'd be on it trying that but like i said, could be a coincidence or im outgrowing my computer

jesus christ, Rocket better not be spending time with family and loved ones during this time of year.

I know, right.

IDK about you but i'm never quite bored in DayZ lol. There's always a situation. I follow a group, someone follows me, then I try to not kill the guy, end up killing him coz he didn't drop his gun, and so on...

You are playing it wrong if you are bored :P 

But yes of course there's still only a few people (40), and the map is too big for that.

I'm not bored. Today I learned that one cannot damage a can of beans with a Mosin, even at very close range. This was of course important testing performed under laboratory conditions.

• Like 1

got this game 2 days ago, and I had everything after 1 day. never played the old mod or arma. this game is too easy, won't  be playing it or recommending it in the future. 

got this game 2 days ago, and I had everything after 1 day. never played the old mod or arma. this game is too easy, won't  be playing it or recommending it in the future. 

Bye......

• Like 3

It never ceases to amaze me!

And n00b statement of the standalone goes tooooo.. AGARAN.. 

respawn and see how easy it is.. I bet you wont have another life that easy again for a while.. trust us buddy you just had a good run :D

And n00b statement of the standalone goes tooooo.. AGARAN.. 

respawn and see how easy it is.. I bet you wont have another life that easy again for a while.. trust us buddy you just had a good run :D

Wouldn't be sure, every character I've had has been equipped within 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Great environment, but there definitely needs to be a decrease in weaponry.

After being killed I take at least a 48 hour break from the game as a penalty. Really makes you re-evaluate your decision making process.

Those big disclaimers you saw when you purchased the game and booted it up?

Unless you have the following, ALL IN PRISTINE CONDITION, then you don't "have everything"

1. Mosin w/ Pristine Bipod, Pristine Scope OR M4 with Pristine Scope, M4 Magpul Buttstock, Bipod, Magpul foregrip, and 2 30 Rd (Coupled) Magazines.

2. Pistol w/ Pristine Red Dot Sight and at least 2 backup clips of ammo.

3. Ammo Box Full w/ Ammo, inside of a Pristine Protective Case

4. Medikit with Saline bags, Syringe, Antibiotics, Alcohol, Charcoal tabs, Bandages, (Blood test kit / Tested your blood), Morpine, EpiPen, and Painkillers.

5. Hunting or Mountain Backpack, 4 Slot Shirt, 8 Slot Vest, 6 Slot Pants, Boots/Shoes, Optional Hat, Glasses, and Mask, w/ Melee Weapon of choice. All Clothing items must be of the same color scheme.. IE - Green, Brown, Black, Blue, whatever..

6. Pristine Compass, Full map, Can Opener, Canteen, Flashlight/Headtorch/Lantern

7. At least 1 set of Pristine Handcuffs w/ Keys.

8. At least 5 cans of food, for survival on a long trek. 

Collect all of that stuff on a full server, survive, and explore the map in less than 1 day... THEN talk to me about being bored.

Edited by Etherimp

I love the vanilla mod to bits, but finaly threw my money at the standalone two days ago, and had my first go at Dayz's brand new world. I was shocked. Shocked at how bloody bad the alpha was on first impressions, I was hyped about how I would deal with the new zeds. Five minutes later I was utterly bored, do the new zeds have bloodhound tracking skills? I run for a while, take a few twists and turns round a building or three and finally go prone and hide inside one, just to see if the zeds can find me. About 10 seconds and a yaah and a bleurrgh later, 3 come through the door right at me, swatting away and making me bleed. Great how they limp faster than I jog. Then I was reduced to hanging around trying to pick up a backpack and baseball cap like a shoplifter due to the clunkier than before inventory system, and within 15 minutes? I just wanted to go back to the mod, with all of its flaws.

They say anything successful relies on first impressions, and my first impressions were to say to myself 'fuck this' see you in 6 months time, and go back to the vanilla mod for now! I know its an alpha fine folks, but to me its a step back from the mod. Even the trailer for standalone was awful.

I don't blame the rocket though, cos the dayz community have been on his case to let them play the standalone since last December. He gave them their wish, and now they must realise why the saying was coined 'be careful what you wish for'

Im sure the standalone will become the greatest game ever, but its a LONG way away. So its back to happiness on Vanilla dayz mod for me for the foreseeable future, see you there brothers!

Before you go off and tell everyone how bad it is why dont you wait until the game is wait for it....complete? Seriously did it not dawn on you that many many things are missing and the game is far from balanced ..so before you go off and tell all your friends how this "alpha" sucks try coming back when its actually done?

As for you getting everything in 1 day well ...if you did it legitimatly good for you, but again not impressed as its alpha and still needs much tweaking!

Go to NWAF at night in a server with at least 15 people.

The tension is high as fuck and I'll never get bored of it...

Go to NWAF at night in a server with at least 15 people.

The tension is high as fuck and I'll never get bored of it...

The original post was meant as a joke! :)

Wait was it? I guess I'm dumb then, hahaha I read it so fast... Didn't even notice

Or maybe it's just cause I'm sleepy as hell

I love the vanilla mod to bits, but finaly threw my money at the standalone two days ago, and had my first go at Dayz's brand new world. I was shocked. Shocked at how bloody bad the alpha was on first impressions, I was hyped about how I would deal with the new zeds. Five minutes later I was utterly bored, do the new zeds have bloodhound tracking skills? I run for a while, take a few twists and turns round a building or three and finally go prone and hide inside one, just to see if the zeds can find me. About 10 seconds and a yaah and a bleurrgh later, 3 come through the door right at me, swatting away and making me bleed. Great how they limp faster than I jog. Then I was reduced to hanging around trying to pick up a backpack and baseball cap like a shoplifter due to the clunkier than before inventory system, and within 15 minutes? I just wanted to go back to the mod, with all of its flaws.

They say anything successful relies on first impressions, and my first impressions were to say to myself 'fuck this' see you in 6 months time, and go back to the vanilla mod for now! I know its an alpha fine folks, but to me its a step back from the mod. Even the trailer for standalone was awful.

I don't blame the rocket though, cos the dayz community have been on his case to let them play the standalone since last December. He gave them their wish, and now they must realise why the saying was coined 'be careful what you wish for'

Im sure the standalone will become the greatest game ever, but its a LONG way away. So its back to happiness on Vanilla dayz mod for me for the foreseeable future, see you there brothers!

Soooooo you didnt follow the internetz at all before buying the game, congraz.

Not anyone else but your own fault to be disapointed.

Worse inventory system than in the mod, gotta be joking right?

Sure there is some spots you are unable to pick up something, or its impossible but that doesnt say anything about the system it self yet... someone reaks ignorance.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 2

And people managed to get trolled by a total noob. Thread success.  :lol:

Edited by weedmasta

And people managed to get trolled by a total noob. Thread success.  :lol:

Thanks ;) . Though I wouldn't call myself a total noob.

This post was a joke (sarcasm is kind of hard to get for non-native English speakers so don't feel stupid).