Apple Monster

How do you prepare to log off?

So I never really noticed this until last night, but when you log in, your character is standing and you have no weapons in your hand.  Never thought to have a logout protocol, but After a session, I typically travel to a wooded area and try to stand in the middle of a pine tree before I log off.  This keeps me safe from spawning in the middle of someone's killing spree.  Are there any special routines that you do before logging off?

I don't log off anywhere near a city or in any kind of building.  Just out in the woods.  It's the only way to be as safe as possible.

• Like 1

I walk out about a mile into a heavily wooded area, and after thirty minutes of lathering both my rifles and myself in cosmoline, I burrow deep into the ground. From there, my character hibernates in Nature's womb waiting for me to return the next day after work to resume our adventures. 

• Like 6

Find a nice suited pine tree to crash in, usually at one or two in the vicinity. If not that then a bush will suffice.

i try to log off hovering in the jail cell , but i always end up touching , brings me so much distress . i never stop thinking about it .

• Like 1

I usually quickly log off when I hear a bullet whiz past my head.

• Like 1

I climb one of those obnoxious stair filled apartment buildings, with the doors that don't open. Edge out into the balcony, and back into a corner. There I log.

its best to log off while youre on  a ladder,  preferably very high up on something like the cranes in elektro or a chimney in stary.

because people usually dont look up( to avoid the sunglare).

swimming very far out into the ocean also helps to avoid being detected upon spawning, but remember to be full on drinks before you log off.

loot is very rare on the open sea.

with the way logging in works in this game it's pretty much log out in a tree or bust. If you log out in any position other than standing you're going to be standing when you log back in, which makes it extremely difficult to stay alive.

I usually quickly log off when I hear a bullet whiz past my head.

"The Original Bad Joke Bandit"

I go prone to spawn in prone.

Interesting, every time I log off prone, I'm always standing the next time I log in.  ???

1. Run to the middle of Balota Air Field. 

2. F3 to sit down. 

3. Log out. 

Hit escape click exit.. Never seen the need to hide etc.. I mean unless I. I. The middle of electro or Cherno? And come on why logging off there I'd much rather be out on the fringes.

My theory just log out because if your playing right your always in the best place to log out otherwise your just bait fort he bandit.

I go prone to spawn in prone.

Logging out probe has never caused me to spawn prone. Not anyone I play with...

This is pretty funny

I did it yesterday.  Well,  I didn't log but I dropped all my gear,  took off my pants and sat in the middle of the airfield.  generally yelling at passers by. Took nearly 20 minutes for someone to shoot me.   

I want the ability to make cardboard signs to hold up,  "Will work for food",  "THE END IS HERE!".  etc.  

Edited by BlksnshN

I deliberately go look for a player then log in front of them so I can come in hear and be warmed by teh ragerrzz

I normally log out near the edge of a town in the woods but close to a road: I use the road as a reference if it is really dark when I log back in (I normally play nights and since the server I play on is GMT, and I'm EST, then I predominantly play at night in-game). If I have a weapon, and magazine, I may adjust given the reload sound upon logging in. I don't want to chance that someone is running along the road and hears me logging on.