Sign in to follow this  
hypergolem

Can openers LOL

It is ridiculous... can openers are more rare than IV kits or M4s (by the way where are the AKs?)

Can we fix this ASAP?

Every household in RL has at least one can opener... here in Chernarus it seems everybody has IV kits

Baseball bats? Seriously... in that part of the world they don't even know what Baseball is. Get rid of baseball bats ASAP (they are useless anyways)

Eating: I keep eating cans and cans of food and never reach that full level when you are supposedly starting to regenerate... how much canned food a man can possibly eat? 

I hope these little things will be fixed really soon

• Like 4

I can understand game mechanic wise, why they are so rare.  Guaranteeing you 100% of each can of food is powerful indeed.  But yeah...full auto assault rifles are more common.

Same goes with batteries.  I have literally found ONE battery on a shelf, and for some reason my only option was to lick it....

Should definitely be more batteries around.

• Like 2

Loot is still being balanced . This is pre alpha , can openers should be rare , once loot is balanced then start moaning

The problem isn't the loot spawn...the problem is the respawn and server hoppers.

Found loads of can openers and batterys up north. 

Btw: My household doesn't has a canopener, since i have a pocketknife ;)

• Like 1

Edited by Guest

I'm not sure if this is some big joke or people are just blind? There are loads of them and all you really need to do is look for them closely.

• Like 1

The problem isn't the loot spawn...the problem is the respawn and server hoppers.

Found loads of can openers and batterys up north. 

Btw: My household doesn't has a canopener, since i have a pocketknife ;)

You can open a can with concrete and just rubbing it anyways. No big deal there.

Batteries are all over the place. You guys aren't looking hard enough imo... Use the vicinity box for looting items sometimes and it'll go a long ways.

I'd love to see AK's and the actual revolver in the game already. I would like to have a variety of different weapons for use since there's hardly a challenge in every person having either the FNX-45, M4, or Mosin.... it gets pretty boring looting the same thing.

I'd like to see some more FNX magazines around... it seems like those are more rare than the damn FNX itself.

Axes = kill zombies + open cans

Kitchen knife = Kill zombies + opens cans.

Can opener = Opens cans. 

Can opener, rarest thing, after the mosin mega Scope

I've never needed 100% of a can. 

Edited by DaveZ
  • Like 2

I can understand game mechanic wise, why they are so rare.  Guaranteeing you 100% of each can of food is powerful indeed.  But yeah...full auto assault rifles are more common.

Same goes with batteries.  I have literally found ONE battery on a shelf, and for some reason my only option was to lick it....

Should definitely be more batteries around.

We should definately be allowed to lick more things in game. 

• Like 5

Axes = kill zombies + open cans

Kitchen knife = Kill zombies + opens cans.

Can opener = Opens cans. 

Can opener, rarest thing, after the mosin mega Scope

I've never needed 100% of a can. 

Yeah if you want to waste half of the food in the can... And still a can opener should not be rare, if we want to be realistic

Eating: I keep eating cans and cans of food and never reach that full level when you are supposedly starting to regenerate... how much canned food a man can possibly eat? 

Me neither, I tend to do this thing after eating where I drop to a prone, get up and run randomly for a bit....but never fill up and never regen. I usually take that as an "I'm full".

Edited by THE WUMPUS

never had a problem finding can openers honestly... I even had 3 in my bag at one point to give to other people if they needed them... I have yet to find any medical supplies though worth keeping besides bandages for obvious reasons.

Comparatively though can openers at least work.

IV Kits at this time do not appear to work in any combination with blood bag kits and/or saline bags and I'm not entirely sure why.

Suffice it to say a rare item that functions is far better than toting a backpack full of pseudo rare items that currently appear to have their interoperability turned off for unknown reasons.

I currently have 4 tin openers in my backpack with my current character. I literally can't stop finding them! A week ago I was smashing tins open with an axe in desperation lol!

tell us more :P

Last time I was robbed I managed to escape with only my can opener! 

I think that the game would be more immersive with a 5 second rule lol 

Now that you've mentioned it, you will see them everywhere. That's how it works.

Lick should be a contextual option for other players.

Loot spawning could use a bit of tweaking...You can find all sorta stuff in weird locations.

Just found 2 axes on top of a piano inside a suburbian house.

I would like to meet the owner of that house.

I don't have a can opener in my home.  My family opens cans with a fire ax.

Loot spawning could use a bit of tweaking...You can find all sorta stuff in weird locations.

Just found 2 axes on top of a piano inside a suburbian house.

I would like to meet the owner of that house.

Actually there are always axes on the piano of every version of that house in every town...its kinda like someone did that on purpose and its some kind of hidden reference to something.

Thought it was fairly apparant that the only reason we are "playing" atm is for server testing / stat collection to aid in optimizations.

Items - no matter what they are a secondary concern and what is in the game atm is bare bones to give us something to do.

Its uterly pointless to add more weapons or anything else at this early stage.

Think before posting.