King of kong

OIffline Mode...

Could be as simple as clicking "Play" and going to LAN and clicking "Create Offline Server".

Maybe you choose time between restart, timezone, n' stuff. Maybe no restart so you need to really scavenge all over, and maybe take a town until the food runs out

Just because you like meeting people/robbing/KoSing/Sniping doesn't mean you should force it on others....I want to play this beautiful game when I don't have the Internet Dongle.....Some of you only find enjoyment from banditry, camping the coast and cuffing BambeZ. I think it would be a good feature for people who suffer ping problems allot. And there'll still be people playing Online too. I rarely encounter players anyway. And when I do, they kill me. I don't play for player Interaction. I want to scavenge, kill zombies and survive in the Cherno Apartments like The Horde. I can't o any of that in MP because some Brony Soldier comes along, causes my game to lag like hell, and my ping causes problems so bad I can't shoot back because he's pinged out of the way. Butthurt much? no. Looking to accomplish my DayZ dreams

Edited by King of kong

Could be as simple as clicking "Play" and going to LAN and clicking "Create Offline Server".

Maybe you choose time between restart, timezone, n' stuff. Maybe no restart so you need to really scavenge all over, and maybe take a town until the food runs out

Just because you like meeting people/robbing/KoSing/Sniping doesn't mean you should force it on others....I want to play this beautiful game when I don't have the Internet Dongle.....Some of you only find enjoyment from banditry, camping the coast and cuffing BambeZ. I think it would be a good feature for people who suffer ping problems allot. And there'll still be people playing Online too. I rarely encounter players anyway. And when I do, they kill me. I don't play for player Interaction. I want to scavenge, kill zombies and survive in the Cherno Apartments like The Horde. I can't o any of that in MP because some Brony Soldier comes along, causes my game to lag like hell, and my ping causes problems so bad I can't shoot back because he's pinged out of the way. Butthurt much? no. Looking to accomplish my DayZ dreams

Good luck running all that shit on your home system...

• Like 2

May I ask how much internet you get a month? And how fast it is? Is the option of broadband available?

I'm in pretty much the exact same situation but my family barely ever uses the internet, so I usually have enough for quite a lot of game time. 

The problem is, DayZ would be very dull without other players. NPCs? Maybe, but this will be ages down the road if they decide to add it. There is simply not enough to do without any other players.

May I ask how much internet you get a month? And how fast it is? Is the option of broadband available?

I'm in pretty much the exact same situation but my family barely ever uses the internet, so I usually have enough for quite a lot of game time. 

The problem is, DayZ would be very dull without other players. NPCs? Maybe, but this will be ages down the road if they decide to add it. There is simply not enough to do without any other players.

I use an Internet dongle, pay as you go, is shared among family, quite bad signal, much storm weather

Olffline mode - is that Viking mode or something?

But seriously - i doubt it. DayZ as a single player experience wouldn't be much fun. And AI NPC's would either be lame asses or aimbot super pros.

Is this another DayZ SA discussion in the mod forum?

"Offline mode" for the DayZ mod is as simple as running your own Reality or Pwnoz0r private hive server on your own PC, joining it with your client on the same machine ... my laptop can do it FFS!

For an OOBE DayZ SP experience have a look at Daizy, the packaged SP mod.

• Like 1

after all the server-client architecture things going on, would a SP be just like that even possible??

You bought a multiplayer game that is heavily unfinished and now demand the ability for solo play? Let's get multiplayer right first, okay? Smdh.

My only recommendation to you would be to find a non-PvP server to play on. They are out there, the matter will just be finding one with good admins that properly enforce the server rules.

I use an Internet dongle, pay as you go, is shared among family, quite bad signal, much storm weather

And have a word with the family about getting proper broadband.  Sharing a single pay as you go dongle for a family, particularly one with a gamer is a needlessly expensive way of doing things. Nevermind the fact it's hopelessly unreliable, particularly during storm weather.

Edited by =FOX= Damocles

And while we're at it, lets make it so you can run an entire WOW server from your home pc, Ever heard your modem growl? Ever heard your hard drive dry heave? Let me know how your computer manages to manage 700 zombies, 1000's of loots spawns, and long player draw distance, all while you play it.

Hello there

Many folk do have poor internet access, and IMHO I personally would like an SP lone player mode as long as one cant take that character to the MP part of the game.

If it runs poorly, so be it.

There's no law set down by an almighty being that says it must not be done (except perhaps the devs :) ).

If there is a decent demand then why not?

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

there will be private hives