Sign in to follow this  
Eigen

How rare is a map?

I heard a map of Chernarus is pretty saught after? Is it hard to find? 

I only ask because I have one...

A full map of chernarus is extremely rare.  Parts of the entire map are somewhat rare.

There is no "Map" for DayZ. There are maps of parts of Chernarus, however: North, west, east, south, combinations thereof, with military and civilian versions, which must be found individually and put together.

Each individual piece is extremely rare. First person to legitimately put together a 100% military-grade map of Chernarus wins the Internet for a day.

Most of the map pieces I have found have been in abandoned vehicles. Have yet to find all the pieces for the whole map.

I often find parts of them in abandoned cars.

I've got a full map they're easy 90% of cars have them in them.

get the pieces and combine them you can get it in 2 halves as well i found a full north and a full south both pristine within 5 mins of each other, just hit a mid szie town out in the sticks and you'll be good.

Edit: full map proof :P

DayZ2013-12-2715-33-08-04_zps3e2e78ab.jp

Edited by twingunz

Thats the only problem I have with recycling the same map,I simply don't need a map after running over it countless times

You can combine the maps? Oh wow I feel dumb. Not that i haven't tried but I guess I didn't try hard enough.

And there are military and civy variations? Oh man I need to get out more and see Chernarus.

maps are easy hit the apartments they join up automatically if you hot bar 1 there is N.E.S.W and then N.E .S.E.. N.W ..S.W  but the names are in english so unless you read russian not that much help .. just my opinion

I havent found one yet

though havent looked in cars like someone said didnt know you could find stuff there

I don't think there are two maps...

and I've been able to complete multiple whole maps. Just be thorough.

edit: note that you can't join diagonally, or have 3/4 maps.

Edited by Merrick362