DeadTooRights

Why is my screen Gray?

So my screen is grey and my tabs say energized hydrated and healthy but I haven't gone back to color yet what should I do?

Epic necro...

The energized status needs to be bright green and the energized one at least dark green. Only then will the "healing" status appear and your colour start to come back.

Edit - oh, misread. Energized, hydrated and healthy but still grey? Hmmm...have you checked your video options for your gamma setting? If that is set high the screen will be very washed out, which can look grey. Maybe it's that?

Edited by krazypenguin

someone gave you the answer youre low on blood get a salene bag or blood matching yours or eat vitamins and sit

My screen for some odd reason is staying black and white or gray is more of the term. I have been eating and I am not thirsty. My charater is in color on the menu screen but during gameplay its gray. What in the world is going on with that? Could use some help cause my eyes are getting tired of the blandness.

You have to eat until you are light green energized and at least dark green hydrated. then after 5-10 minutes you should get the "healing" status effect. Every Time.

• Like 1

yea i have this same problem in dayz .0.6.0.133617 the first one to be released to the stable branch, i just got sick from drinking from a cooking pot bc i was dying of thirst (I DO NOT RECOMMEND unless you have water purification tablets!) i was able to stop dying of thirst and the same happened to my friend because he was dying of thirst and he found another water source so thankfully we carried like 3-5 saline bags per person so we got our color back, and we looted around, then i noticed i was sick, so we were looking for medical supplies to combat this, we had charcoal tabs but they were ineffective, so we decided to make my player vomit to get rid of the sickness, and now, i loose thirst so quickly, we have 2 PET bottles and if i drink all and the 'thirst' notification goes away, 5 min later i will be dying of thirst again and im loosing color rapidly... we thankfully keep finding saline bags while looting. I think i need to get much more water in me so i say 'hydrated' my food is doing fine, but our only problem is that we dont have enough liquids to make me hydrated, i dont log on as much anymore because i dont want to die, we only log on when its raining and we loot real quick for more saline bags (and no, we dont server hop) i also blood tested myself, and i apparently dont have a bloodtype (glitch?...) it says 'my blood type is ' and thats it lmao.... we tried tetracycline tablets, charcoal tabs etc but i loose thirst really quickly... he wont have internet for the next few DAYZ so please reply soon :D

and yes, my username is true B-)

i own a ASUS ROG G751JW J' aime mon computer

Edit: I also ate vitamins, plenty of them. And my diet consists of COOKED chicken and canned goods

Edited by Mylaptoprunsdayzonhighw/75fpsB-)

5 hours ago, Mylaptoprunsdayzonhighw/75fpsB-) said:

yea i have this same problem in dayz .0.6.0.133617 the first one to be released to the stable branch, i just got sick from drinking from a cooking pot bc i was dying of thirst (I DO NOT RECOMMEND unless you have water purification tablets!) i was able to stop dying of thirst and the same happened to my friend because he was dying of thirst and he found another water source so thankfully we carried like 3-5 saline bags per person so we got our color back, and we looted around, then i noticed i was sick, so we were looking for medical supplies to combat this, we had charcoal tabs but they were ineffective, so we decided to make my player vomit to get rid of the sickness, and now, i loose thirst so quickly, we have 2 PET bottles and if i drink all and the 'thirst' notification goes away, 5 min later i will be dying of thirst again and im loosing color rapidly... we thankfully keep finding saline bags while looting. I think i need to get much more water in me so i say 'hydrated' my food is doing fine, but our only problem is that we dont have enough liquids to make me hydrated, i dont log on as much anymore because i dont want to die, we only log on when its raining and we loot real quick for more saline bags (and no, we dont server hop) i also blood tested myself, and i apparently dont have a bloodtype (glitch?...) it says 'my blood type is ' and thats it lmao.... we tried tetracycline tablets, charcoal tabs etc but i loose thirst really quickly... he wont have internet for the next few DAYZ so please reply soon :D

and yes, my username is true B-)

i own a ASUS ROG G751JW J' aime mon computer

Edit: I also ate vitamins, plenty of them. And my diet consists of COOKED chicken and canned goods

The fail in the necro repels any computer envy, me thinks. 

If you can keep hydration up then you'll live... but it takes a lot of time. You're sick- eat, drink and repeat. Many park their gear in a barrel and F11. 

Edited by eno

Congratulations, you have acquired cholera. There are two types - a mild one which is survivable (I survived it in 0.58) and a severe one which is probably not. Charcoal will not work (that's for food poisoning), and the jury is out on whether tetracycline works at all yet. It didn't seem to for me - I just had to stay hydrated and energised for quite a while before I lost the 'sick' status. I vomited quite a lot. Remaining inactive (I actually lay down on a bed for a few hours) seemed to help.

DO NOT keep drinking from water sources unless they are water pumps, are from rain, or have been treated with purifier tabs.

As eno says, stick very close to a water pump and some apple trees. Also stash your best gear as an insurance policy, assuming you have a barrel or tent nearby.