DeadTooRights

Why is my screen Gray?

My screen for some odd reason is staying black and white or gray is more of the term. I have been eating and I am not thirsty. My charater is in color on the menu screen but during gameplay its gray. What in the world is going on with that? Could use some help cause my eyes are getting tired of the blandness.

You must of been bitten I'm guessing then bandaged? 

To get it back to normal you will need blood or someone to inject you with a saline bag. 

You must of been bitten I'm guessing then bandaged? 

To get it back to normal you will need blood or someone to inject you with a saline bag. 

I am playing by myself right now. and im sure somebody is just going to kill me when they see me. There is no way to heal myself? I have a salin bag..so I need a bag a of blood?

Were you in combat? Grey screen means your close to passing out. One hit from a zombie will knock ya unconscious. Your best bet is to find some solitary location, eat and drink till your full, chug any vitamins, and just f3 sit. Your blood will regenerate over time,but it's not a quick process. Other then being blood bagged or saline by another player, your on a very thin line right now.

Were you in combat? Grey screen means your close to passing out. One hit from a zombie will knock ya unconscious. Your best bet is to find some solitary location, eat and drink till your full, chug any vitamins, and just f3 sit. Your blood will regenerate over time,but it's not a quick process. Other then being blood bagged or saline by another player, your on a very thin line right now.

I have been grey and I have been hit by a zombie mulitple times. I bandaged myself already. I have been eating everything i find. I am not sick either. I think I have a glitch on my character. If that was the case, then I should have passed out last night when I was playing becaue that is how long I have been playing with this grey screen.

Does your tab screen show the words "healthy" on the top right? If so, you could be glitches. If not, get stuffing more beans :p

I read elsewhere on the forum that you can give yourself an IV with saline (but not blood), dunno if this is correct but it could be worth trying.

Does your tab screen show the words "healthy" on the top right? If so, you could be glitches. If not, get stuffing more beans :P

it doesn't say healthy. How much do I have to eat? lol. I have been stuffing my face like I'm rich. It seems like my guy stays hungry no matter what

You keep stuffing and drinking, from a well preferably, till you get a white message on the bottom of the left that's says "my stomachs feels completely stuffed". Be careful to not overstuff, as it leads to vomiting and etc. then every ten mins after, stuff some more till you get the message again. It'll work, I've come back from bullet wounds this way.

Yea you're really gonna have to eat eat and eat more. Keep you're hunger and thirst under control. If you're really keen on living you could try to wait it out with enough food and supplies, or try to find help from a friend or (hopefully) friendly survivor. 

Worse comes to worst you die. It happens.

In fact, one of my goals when I spawn, is to get that status message. It's basically a hall pass for unlimited sprinting, etc for close to an hour without eating or drinking. Granted, it's best to stay stuffed no matter what.

Also lol, if you do get knocked unconscious, there's a very real chance your toon will snap out of it, and wake back up. Granted, you'll still be in bad shape, and there could be a zombie(zed) standing next to you, you could pull through. Keep in mind, it's an undetermined period of time, and people can loot you, maybe even finish you off.

Also lol, if you do get knocked unconscious, there's a very real chance your toon will snap out of it, and wake back up. Granted, you'll still be in bad shape, and there could be a zombie(zed) standing next to you, you could pull through. Keep in mind, it's an undetermined period of time, and people can loot you, maybe even finish you off.

everything your saying makes sense but, I have been hit multiple times by zombies where I was bleeding out while thirsty and hungry and I ran around forever looking for bandages. I have been passed out before a few times when I started playing the game. This just feels different because I am not in danger of passing out. My screen is just grey. When I logged off the game just now, I saw a glimps of color before I exited. The one that that I don't want to do is start over because I have done a lot with this guy the last two days. I have a ton of items in my rain coast, pants and back pack.

I'd say check your video options, maybe refresh them, or change your res. might kick it back into color. If that doesent work, maybe try for the healthy status. Beyond that I have nothing.

To close the door on this problem. ****Note to Developers****

Come to find out, it was a glitch with my chracter. I played for 3 whole days with the grey screen thinking I needed to eat like a horse and that wasn't the case. My character couldn't get out the the grey status. Last night I fell of the top of a building and died with this chracter. (sad moment) I had collected a whole boat load of stuff. So I started over and boom....my screen was colerful again with my respawn. So for those of you out there that are not sure what is going on with your screen, it is probably what I went through.

Also something that happened in my 4 days with this character. I got stuck in a room where I went through the wall. I thought I had to respawn to get out but, I figured out how to glitch out, all I did was pull out my axe and start hacking at the wall and spinning at the same time and I got out.

Something else to fix. Sometimes the screen gets SUPER blurry and the game become unplayable. So I went into video options and the screen cleared up. I didn't even have to change anything. I just went into the video button and it was fixed.

one last thing. I have seen many many times where I will pick up fresh fruit and immedialty try to eat it and it turns rotten.

You mentioned eating a lot, but did you drink as well? You hydration has to be really high as well. If the 'healing' status effect never appeared in your inventory screen, you have always been too low on either energy or water. See the link in my signature to a video if you're interested in knowing how things work in the background.

• Like 1

Could use some help cause my eyes are getting tired of the blandness.

Jump of a lighthouse and respawn as a new character! =)

Nah kidding, you need blood. Eat and drink loads until you start healing, or get someone to give you a saline-bag or blood of your correct blood-type.

Be very careful with blood transfusions tho, you may get aids and die. Test the blood with a blood-test.

Edited by Wh1spY

You mentioned eating a lot, but did you drink as well? You hydration has to be really high as well. If the 'healing' status effect never appeared in your inventory screen, you have always been too low on either energy or water. See the link in my signature to a video if you're interested in knowing how things work in the background.

I drank and ate everything. I had no status issues on my menu screen for a while. If its blood, how the hell do you know you have a blood problem. There is no status on my mene screen to tell me. Honestly I doubt it was that though. To make sure, I will keep a close eye on my new character to see if this happens again. So far I have been hit my a zombie and bled and things like that and I have been extremely hungry and thirsty and my screen is still in color.

I drank and ate everything. I had no status issues on my menu screen for a while. If its blood, how the hell do you know you have a blood problem. There is no status on my mene screen to tell me. Honestly I doubt it was that though. To make sure, I will keep a close eye on my new character to see if this happens again. So far I have been hit my a zombie and bled and things like that and I have been extremely hungry and thirsty and my screen is still in color.

Color fades gradually from your view as blood level drops. When you see in almost all-gray, you're close to passing out. That's how you blood level is represented in the game so there is no status effect necessary. Immersion 'n stuff. If you bled, you probably bandaged quickly enough and didn't lose much and the change in color is so slight that it's barely noticable or not noticable at all.

Hunger and thirst are difficult to do in an immersive way, so for now there's text messages and status effects when you're in dangerous ranges. Eating and drinking sufficiently then will give you the 'healing' status effect in the inventory screen which causes you to regenerate blood naturally and color will return to your vision. Being hungry and thirsty also has no negative effect on your blood level and therefore the color. Except in extremely low ranges, but then you will also be getting red messages that tell you that you are dying of thirst/starvation.

Color fades gradually from your view as blood level drops. When you see in almost all-gray, you're close to passing out. That's how you blood level is represented in the game so there is no status effect necessary. Immersion 'n stuff. If you bled, you probably bandaged quickly enough and didn't lose much and the change in color is so slight that it's barely noticable or not noticable at all.

Hunger and thirst are difficult to do in an immersive way, so for now there's text messages and status effects when you're in dangerous ranges. Eating and drinking sufficiently then will give you the 'healing' status effect in the inventory screen which causes you to regenerate blood naturally and color will return to your vision. Being hungry and thirsty also has no negative effect on your blood level and therefore the color. Except in extremely low ranges, but then you will also be getting red messages that tell you that you are dying of thirst/starvation.

I went three days and didn't pass out. I played for about 16 hours and I never passed out. The grey wasn't gradual. It just turned grey and stayed that way. Maybe I am the first person to go through this and this should be looked at. All I know is, everything you are saying makes sense and I have seen this with my very first character. Another thing that was happening was random zombie sounds around me and there wasn't any zombies there. I was thinking that maybe I had turned into a zombie..lol. The other reason I know something was wrong was when I look intot the sun the, glare from the light shows some color on those spots. Sometimes when I log off the grey flashes color before I exit.

Edited by DeadTooRights

Ah okay, well you might want to head over to the bug reports section then.

About the random zombie sounds: I read somewhere that they used the new zombie AI and used it for the few animals currently in the game, but didn't snip some pieces of code yet - so what you're hearing is actually a rabbit sitting in the grass  :lol:

Does your tab screen show the words "healthy" on the top right? If so, you could be glitches. If not, get stuffing more beans :P

So i can eat things, until the word "healthy" appears, and then i regen blood?

Ah okay, well you might want to head over to the bug reports section then.

About the random zombie sounds: I read somewhere that they used the new zombie AI and used it for the few animals currently in the game, but didn't snip some pieces of code yet - so what you're hearing is actually a rabbit sitting in the grass  :lol:

lol..zombie rabbits

So i can eat things, until the word "healthy" appears, and then i regen blood?

You also need to be highly hydrated at the same time. Again I'll point at the video in my signature that I made specifically to adress eating, drinking and blood regeneration.

So my screen is grey and my tabs say energized hydrated and healthy but I haven't gone back to color yet what should I do?