pogosphere

Why is the world of dayz so static ?

I can see how this guys got no info for any of his sources but he's right in a way ..... It's our money supporting this game we should get the best out of it now that were not limited by arma 2 , but at the same time he's still basing it off of arma 2.5 if what I'm hearing lately is correct , so it's harder to get awesome physics in this game but IMO it's necessary , think of if we had a better physics system , we could barricade houses windows and doors alike to keep the zeds from coming in but wih physics it becomes more realistic with the zombies being able to break said barricades , which is what every zombie movie includes : barricading some safe shelter at some point in the apocalyptic journey . No matter how much you run in a zombie world you will eventually have to settle down which barricades would be perfect for the job , they would just have to be constantly up kept or guarded so no zeds break them

First off - I'm a fanboy.

Why I am a fanboy? I rarely get attached to brands and I don't follow any sports team. I still use an old Nokia even though I should perhaps get a smartphone already. I pride myself, rightly or wrongly, not to follow the herd in whatever is popular.

Still, I'm dedicated to this game like no other. Whatever bugs or glitches this game has I look through my rose-coloured glasses and brush them off. Why? Because this studio has what few other companies have - moral, integrity and a sense of vision. I know that the DayZ team will doggedly stick with their own idea of what kind of game they're making - a game finally for adults who doesn't want to be spoon fed instant gratification. Something that'll challenge me and my friends.

Just like minecraft - I couldn't care less about the graphics, destructable environment or other gimmicks, as long as the engine does what it needs to do in order to deliver that experience I crave. Which it does, and it will only get better.

PS.

As for the engine; CoD Ghosts is the most expensive game on Steam, and it is based off of the IW engine, which itself is built from id Tech 3, which is also around 15 years old. Does it matter? No, just like in DayZ, it does what it is supposed to do. It's a testament to both the genius of John Carmack as well as the talented czechs at BI that the original logic of those engines still holds up to this day.

edit: spelling

Edited by 420jeppe

FACT: Bohemia is an independent studio with a limited budget

as far as i know dayz SA budget was $5.100.00USD

FACT: GTA 5 got a budget of $245.000.000USD, BF4 of $100.000.000USD

• Like 2

So now i had the time to read all of your coments and i must say pretty good feedback so far!
I have only  a few minor disagrees.But only very small things like:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LiamFX, on 27 Dec 2013 - 2:53 PM, said:

You have some good points about this game but some pretty ignorant ones too.

What a lot of people don't realise is there is a whole birth of games out there waiting to be played, don't get so caught up on DayZ if it's not living up to your expectations.

My advice would be play another game for a while and pop back here in 6 months and hopefully your opinion might have changed. Either way, don't lose sleep with this game's current   build, I

imagine a lot will change/be added in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to exaggerate to get all the fanboy love which is so heavily needed for holding this topic a little bit longer on page one and therefore alive.
Are some of my standpoints unfair against the developer: Yes they are. But they are very fair in regard to the players needs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Max Planck, on 27 Dec 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

I'm referring to the replies that target the person behind the post, not the post itself. Look through the comments and you should be able to see what I mean.

Sure it can drift off-topic a bit, but when the argument gets heated it's better to focus on the point and leave the one-liners and memes out.

Yes, a lot of the comments were good, my post was aimed at those that weren't.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no problems with those kind of replies at all, they are very funny and interesting. Dont let him tell you what to do . Every replie is a good replie,especially the insulting ones .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

weedmasta, on 27 Dec 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Do you even know what an indie game is?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes,i do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OntyCZE, on 27 Dec 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

Lemme be you for a sec..

You didn't answer me there..

Let's see, what games do you play and how do you think this game should look like? (DayZ ofc)

Btw which one of these has the super awesome destruction and all the stuff that DayZ is missing so much?

Answer to your question:

No, I am Emma Watson.

multiplayer games with much environmental interaction are:

-Battlefield Bad company 2
-Battlefield 2142
-Battlefield 3
-Battlefield 4
-Minecraft
-Planetside 2
-Terraria
-Starbound
-Red Fraction 1-2/multiplayer mode
-Red Fraction Guerilla
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2GEfIlqgtI
-Garrys Mod (Mod for half life 2)
-No Mans Sky (still in development)
-Everquest next (still in development)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qjvOKBG3dw
-Star Wars Battlefront (still in development)

and just for the fun of makeing you mad:

-all the Bomberman multiplayer games ;)
-Eve online

Sorry  but that are all the games i could find by typing " top 10 multiplayergames with destructable environment" into youtube.

Cool Emma Wastson supports dayz, i thought you would live in england instead you are actually  living in the homeland  of Bohemia Interactive, what a coincidence.
Than you should promote this game in public,or even better, hook up with rocket and make a promotion deal with him.
You also could buy and gift him a good engine, i think he would not denie it.

Plz stop the 225 km map argument. It makes no sense to have that big of a map, even if it would be 100 players, especially when the map is totally empty and
the inside of the building is also extremly empty and boring, with bad textures, like it is at the moment.

If the map would only be a quarter as big, than you still would feel the isolation of a survival game and they could implement some of the immersive stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    meshcarver, on 27 Dec 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

Fair enough Max.
    On topic then @ OP- I think it is mostly because the Real Virtuality engine is doing a lot of everything, whereas most other game engines are created to be more specific and concentrate on a 

much smaller and tailored area of gameplay that you just can't get out of.

It just didn't/doesn't need to be fully "physics based" to fulfil its intention. Most medium to large sized objects in the real world are mostly immovable when it comes to human collision contact.
    Just think, we've all played games were you run past a large car tyre and the tyre slides away across the road or something equally as ridiculous. HL etc, even though fantastic.
    That just doesn't happen in real life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting, so you never dig a hole in the ground, breath air or went swimming in the ocean.
   Objects which dont stop  bounceing or glitch out are not that common anymore in modern engines. Last time i saw really bad clipping errors  was in a game called dayz standalone "alpha"
   and that was quiet a while ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ThatOleSerpent, on 27 Dec 2013 - 1:47 PM, said:

Some serious fussy boo boo action on this post lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best post of the topic so far !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    serb8, on 27 Dec 2013 - 2:28 PM, said:

You should just go and create an ultimate engine on your own and show the world how much smart you are! Better shut up and be happy that you can play what they give you, because it looks       

like that you are not enough smart to even post on forums, complaining about engine and static world, man, wake up and think, why should you even bring out your sad opinion about engine when 
    its simple, if you dont like it, dont play it, but dont come here to be a smartass, try not to talk shit about things that you dont have a clue how they work or just how complex they are, and like i said, 

use your energy to create better one, gona buy it first! Now go s.m. d.

I just finished reading your first post and came back to tell you again, go su*k Deans beans [ :)] i vote + for your removal from dayz forums!

Aha, second best post !

Now to more general things.

Immersion is not one singel thing. Its not only destroying wooden doors, or shooting the glas in windows, or having actual hit impact in combat, or beeing able to tobble something over if you ran against it.Its all of it together, which creates an emersiv feeling:

Its Moments like:

-you drive with 120 km/h agains a wooden fence and the fence stops the car imediately liky ou would drive against a solid concrete wall.
-you run against a wodden or plastic chair/table which is placed in the middle of the room and the chair does not move 1 mm like he was screwd into the ground.

which totaly take everyboady of us out of the immersion. And if you are honest to your self, than you will admit this now.

Dont say its not possible to script the destruction of some object, while driving through it or the moving o a chair while waking against it.
Even if the map is 225 km big (which is unnessesary by the way , but i think i said this before) ,small things like that, which have a huge impact on the feel of the game, are always possible, if the developer is willing to do it.

the Conspiracy theory:

I think the only reason why the developer make the mape as big, is because they are huge hiking fans and they like to walk around with there cameras take pictures  and render big realistic looking landscapes(look into there dev blogs if you dont belive me),like other people like to paint pictures or collect insects. But this is not in favor of the player.  Games need a special level of geometry with a certain relation between open and coverd places ,to suport good gun gameplay. Even if it is survival horror, with big open spaces, you dont want to walk into always the same generic looking indoor areas, which are almost randomly designed, have mostly the same size and have no gameplay value at all.

So you pay them there hiking trips, for example to the greece islands, which the arma 3 maps are based on.In this case its even more clear that those wide open almost desert like looking maps
with almost no mountains or forest in it, are totaly not made for a multiplayer shooter. But at first before the prison thing it was fun to travel there. But it had no use for the player, because
the resulting arma 3 maps have, beside of the towns and some rocks, no cover at all, are flat, one dimensional and boring.
Its an  " buying someone a birthday present, which this person does not need just that you can use it for your own " kind of mentality, the developer has developt to their customer(you).

Where are the interesting places on the dayz map, like:

-the giant mazelike "walking dead" prison complex
-a bigger city with a comercial areas and a shopping mall (a zombiegame without a shopping mall ,comon)
-an oil refinery with all that hundrests of pipes between the industrial complexes.
-a mine

Dayz is not hiking simulator 2013 , as much as i love that it takes place in a forest region , that is not nearly enough if the area is not filled with interesting buildings.
Why do you say that you cant put all those buildings in there because the map is moddled after a real area. Thats kind of silly. So the people in this area get mad about the developers if they include
additional buildings or what.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sloddor, on 27 Dec 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

1. Entitled Idiot gets warned from all sources.

2. Entitled Idiot pays 30 dollars, because he is unable to wait or understand.

3. Entitled Idiot knows nothing about PC Game Architectures.

4. Entitled Idiot compares the Arma 2.5 Engine(small company) with the Watchdogs Engine(Developed by a Gaming Giant for several million dollars) and is disappointed.

5. Entitled Idiot didnt watch any Stream or preview Video to inform himself.

6. Entitled Idiot expects a Console Style Zombie  Arcarde-game.

7. Entitled Idiot calls people wich know what they payd for Fanboys.

8. Entitled Idiot needs attention and creates a Thread.

9. Entitled Idiot acts like an entitled Idiot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I havent bougth the game at all. A friend lets me play on his account after he got bored of the game after 2 days of playing.
I never would buy overpriced games , with serious gameplay issues and so less will of the developers to actually make something better in a considarble amount of time.
They feed you the same rotten food as you forcefeed your "team"-mates in the game, over and over again.
Just releable it from operation flashpoint into arma into arma 2 into arma 3 into dayz and back it up with some "new features",
which are mostly broken and/or work only after heavily mod suport from the players or do not work at all.

Edited by pogosphere
  • Like 2

Hey, got an idea...Don't play DayZ if you don't like it eh?...Go look for a game of your dreams.

• Like 3

I have no problems with those kind of replies at all, they are very funny and interesting. Dont let him tell you what to do . Every replie is a good replie,especially the insulting ones

No. We are not over at your house, you don't make the rules.

If you, or anybody else for that matter, should feel the need to discuss moderating policies/rules, you are welcome to send a PM my way. You can also contact Boneboys if you have issues.

Other than that, read: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153786-forum-rules-roles-and-guidelines/

• Like 2

This guy serious? I laughed a bit when he said "it's been in development for 3 years". I think you were either lied to or have not done any research on DayZ. The mod has been around for some time but the standalone was barely announced like a year ago?  

What really makes me laugh is that this game has warned people everywhere you can think of (even when you login each time) that it is an early alpha. It will be buggy, stuff will be missing, and it will be very bland. With that knowledge why do kids like you make these threads?

Not to mention those "cool" cinematic kills and stuff you linked... I have never seen a huge multiplayer game deliver those kinds of cinematic fights.

• Like 1

It's not an alpha for 3 years the alpha has just been released. the mod doesn't count.

Duke nukem forever took like 12+ years to get completed by another company? 

Why can't you destroy anything in GTA 5? What kind of a shitgame is that when I can't even drive through building with a huge tank and see everything blown to pieces! Hence your argument.

Oh yeah look at skyrim at least is has pyschics and destructable environments, oh wait no it doesnt have those despite being triple AAA title and the pyshics suck massive balls with people flying through the screen when they die and horses climbing mountains. Why would you expect something of this from a smaller developer.

The game is fucking huge? It's 255 square km, which is like five tikes bigger than GTA 5? And you can't even enter every house in GTA 5 so how is this game not interactable.

For the clunkyness dude, seriously why can't I give the argument that is an Alpha? Because of what? Because you bought it and ignored all the fucking messages thrown into your face about it being alpha and you will encounter massive pieces of shitbugs that will destroy your game experience? What part of that did you not understand?

The last of us is a linear game with a story how can you compare the production quality of that with a game like this (I do like the idea of being able to use human shields btw never thought of that) 

Zeno clash is all based around melee combat, dayz obviously is not and the engine was not made for it and it is appareantly very hard to get it to work properly in it.

And seriously you ask why are the graphics mediocre? Why does zenoclash look like shit? Because it's a smaller team working on it that's why! Bohemia is not a triple A studio you should understand this.

You going on about graphics is just annoying why don't you go and play battlefield 4 or something if you just care about graphics.

You clearly did not pay attention because the game is not going to be a whole lot more expensive than this.

Oh and ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, 

ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER,

ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER,

ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER,

ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, 

ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER, ALPHER.

Edited by Aseliot
  • Like 1

The ONLY thing i agree with is a new engine for ArmA/DayZ, but NOT RIGHT NOW... A new engine for DayZ 2/sequel and ArmA 4 is a must though. And quite frankly, I have battlefield for destruction, i don't need or WANT it in DayZ... It's not needed. And ALLLLLLL the games you compare are on a brand new engine or have really small environments. Do you realize how long an engine takes to make? Look at your all mighty source engine! Portal 2 still uses it. Source 2 isn't even announced yet, and source is nearly 10 years old. So the Real Virtuality engine being 15 years old, isn't that old...

NOT TO MENTION ALPHA!. I'm sure the devs will add tree falling when wood cutting and basic stuff like that. It's already in the engine. Their is just no need to break a fence.

ALSO, ROCKET SAID THEY ARE REDOING VEHICLES BECAUSE HE WANTS MORE REALISTIC A) PHYSICS AND B ) REPAIRING. So really, the physics aren't that bad. I'm mean, consider ALL the physics that go into your gun in the ArmA engine.

AND PEOPLE ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE ARMA 3 ENGINE. As much as i love the game, I should be able to run the game on high/medium settings at the least. I have 2 550 ti's in sli. Now, i would like to be able to run DayZ at fairly high settings thank you very much, and with the ArmA 3 engine DayZ would be unplayable because that engine is terribly optimized.

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX
  • Like 1

Let's say Dayz Alpher, is a baby, newborn, he can't walk yet, he only crawls, slowly, and the other games you said are adults, you argue with this baby, because he can't walk yet, can't eat by himself, but he' just a newborn, you complain, "Why this baby can't walk, if the adults can" but is not argueing with the baby that you'll make him walk, you have to give time to him, to learn.

Wait sometime until the baby grow up and become atleast a child, he's slowly growing up, to become an adult like the other ones, if the parents(Devs) take care well of the baby, he'll grow up, slowly, then he'll learn things that an adult can do, run, read, speak.

So give the baby sometime, come next year, install again the game, and then see what it became  :)

Edited by lets4dead
  • Like 2

Oh man, I was so ready to agree with this post when I read the title. Things like different places slowly getting more and less populated with zombies, respawn of items going down in towns if overused and other things like that would really add to the need to explore openly and try new things rather than going straight to whereever you get your best gear, looting up until you have good guns and then being a bandit asshole for the rest of time.

Then I read your post. I... I really don't know what to say to you. You obviously don't know a thing about game development or the proper usage of resources, and you're still talking shit. DayZ SA isn't great so far, but considering the amount that has been added to the game I'm not surprised about that.

People in this thread have mentioned the possibility of moving onto a new engine, and I don't know if there's a single other engine out there that does what Real Virtuality has done for years. If there was one that ran smoother, allowed for more optimization and didn't feel like clunky ass I would be all on board but odds are it would be at the cost of the scale and open-endedness that makes DayZ a unique experience.

• Like 1

Hey, got an idea...Don't play DayZ if you don't like it eh?...Go look for a game of your dreams.

I dont play the game.

Its sad that the developer try to make this game only into a glorified torture sandbox simulation for the sadistic and  narcissistic needs of their targeted spawnrapeing playergroup.

Forcefeeding and handcuffing make sense in a survival szenario, i give you that. But i dont know  if those should be one of the first gameplayelements to put into the game.

And im not so sure about puting a glorified suicide with an pistol as one of the first gameplyfeatures into their youtube development videolog

Sure you can say that the player do  those things on their own will(because they have those things in there minds) , but if the developer designs most of the gameplay elements only in reguard of hurting other people than what expect they the player to do 90 prozent of the time?

Maybe rollplay rapeing, spawnrapeing and torture.

Ps: The developer have forgotten to put the blindfold option into the game. And some simulated waterboarding would also be nice but not so effectiv.

guantanamo-prisoners-kneeling.jpg

But your ideas are good Mr Sehnal .

Edited by pogosphere
  • Like 1

@OP You and a few others here have the voice of reason & logic. Everyone else does not. I've been trying to say this for awhile, but as we expected mindless drones came in just to whine all their usual excuses for their prophet rocket.

- Terrible progress

- Terrible engine

- Terrible netcode

- Terrible animations

- Terrible production values

If we pretend for a moment Alpha bugs didn't exist, its still a terrible game.

Everyone acts like theres no such thing as other video games, and that everything Rocket produces is a revolution in gaming.

Everything rocket and his team produces has been done better before sometimes even up to 10 years ago. Its like they are stuck in the 90s. The only thing this indicates to me is crappy management and biting off more than they can chew. Hire some damn professionals and get the job done properly or don't do the job at all.

actually a really good read with a lot of good points...

this one most of all...

"Its just an alpha for almost 3 years now"
"You are working very hard on becoming the next duke nukem forever"<-----due to kos and no real depth...

dont get me wrong i love dayz...but have viewed it and will continue to view it as unfinished and untapped for it true potential....

id even go as far as to say rocket holds it back with his views on

dynamic events

killable npc's both bandit and civilian

some sort of structure to make it a REAL SURVIVAL GAME and not just a mindless open world deathmatch

^(which will destory the game since a game as such can never KEEP a massive fanbase with consistet growth)

more world interaction,etc etc

the game as rocket see's it will allways be unfinished in my eyes someone could easily take the map and the base of the game add phsyics and add interaction(with npc's where everything you do effects the world) and other things and have a game of epic size and scope(the only scope it has now are the kinds people pvp with)

and just likes rockets game and the mod ill just leave this post unfinished

but ill add one more time for you dunderblockheads I LOVE DAYZ but it needs more depth(pvp is not depth)

Edited by soulesseye

I'm sure Rocket said in an announcement that ragdoll and physics are going to be added.

Welcome, to 2004 (HL2).

Also, here is some pre-alpha Starforge physics.

Keep in mind Starforge is being made by 3-4 guys who are all 20 years old and live in my own city, literally started out of their house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4uIANB-wgY

They had literally no funding in the beginning but now have $135,000 raised from indiegogo. Bohemia has millions of dollars and an intact office infrastructure already up and running.

Get it through your damn heads. This is a terrible development team/leadership.

Edited by wolffe
  • Like 2

If this is the case, the final price should be directly correlated to the finished product.

actually thats how things are supposed to work genius....

Edited by soulesseye

Welcome, to 2004 (HL2).

Also, here is some pre-alpha Starforge physics.

Keep in mind Starforge is being made by 3-4 guys who are all 20 years old and live in my own city, literally started out of their house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4uIANB-wgY

They had literally no funding in the beginning but now have $135,000 raised from indiegogo. Bohemia has millions of dollars and an intact office infrastructure already up and running.

Get it through your damn heads. This is a terrible development team/leadership.

I love Dayz for what it offers me and what it offers me is more than any game has for a long time (Gears of War 2006) is the only game to come close to how Dayz comes across to me. It's more than just a game for me as in it's more of a social interaction simulator with Zombies. (The whole basis on the Zombie genre by Romero with NOTLD).

Could Dayz be better? yes it could but nothing is perfect but for the budget that Dean had, Dayz is already phenomenal in my opinion.

Static world:

-Why is the world in the game so static.I cant even destroy a wooden fence or door, ...

Why is the world of dayz so static

You are worried about destroying a door?

Edited by NoCheats

The Just Cause 2 mod that was made by utter amateurs has a better netcode than Dayz and it's a mod for a single-player game. Oh, and each server (which is indeed persistent for thousands of vehicles) can hold up to 5000 players. At the same time. The map is also pretty freaking big. Also, to the person saying battlefield 4 has horrible netcode, please... It feels like a miracle of engineering compared to Dayz.  I don't know what beans you guys are eating, but they're definitely rotten. You're defending Dean as if he's the leader of a cult. 

Edited by JohnF30
  • Like 1

I'm guessing a lot of people in this thread never played the mod ;) if you did and followed the SA development, you'd know exactly what to expect from the SA alpha. It will consistantly improve as time goes by, at the moment it's just a foundation. If you don't like the engine then you brought the wrong game.

• Like 1

I tried to agree with you but can't. If you could compare DayZ to a game at least in the same realm (being an FPS MMO on a massive map) then maybe I'd agree but comparing them to single player games is ludicrous. 

The difference between a small four man development team and a studio with 200 employees, an actual office and multiple games to support is ridiculous. Have you ever heard of overheads? 

I'm not saying Dayz is perfect, it should in my eyes be further in development than what it is. Currently it looks like they reskinned ARMA2 and tinkered with the netcode. Do I expect them to work over the Christmas break though? No. 

I think most of you expect far too much from Dayz and games in general. This is what happens when you let hype get the best of you. 

Edit: I actually agree about the transparency to a degree.

Edited by Shaun of the Dead