Aussie Bogan

I died of dehydration in a fresh water pond.. WTF? VOTE

Drinking water with your bare hands  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to Drink water with your bare hands?

• Yes definitely
    • Yes But Increased chance of getting sick
    • No
    • I Don't care....

I was a new spawn running around looking for water and slowly dieing of dehydration.

I finally found a pond "WOOHOO" i thought.

Sadly, my IQ wasn't high enough to cup my hands and drink the water.

Hence me drowning in the water i so wished to drink...

I NOW CALL ON THIS AWESOME DAYZ COMMUNITY TO VOTE ABOVE ^^^^^^^

Thank you ;)

pEnxol8.jpg           <<<<< My despite attempt water before i died of dehydration

I've been able to drink from ponds and water pumps without needing a container no problem, not sure why you couldn't.

• Like 3

You can drink from ponds without  cantines or anything

• Like 2

I've also had no issue drinking from ponds with no bottle :/

• Like 1

I've been able to drink from ponds and water pumps without needing a container no problem, not sure why you couldn't.

You can drink from ponds without  cantines or anything

I've also had no issue drinking from ponds with no bottle :/

Well shit... Looks like there is something wrong on my end.

I was given no option what so ever to drink .... Interesting

you might of been desynced at the time so the prompt never came *shrug* does that to me sometimes.

• Like 1

But you can drink from ponds with bare hands.

You probably were near undrinkable pond, like those small ones south from NEAF, those near crashed tanker etc.

Edited by Frosti

Do you play in third person? there is a report on the bug tracker where someone had issues with this, try first person.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=678

Also, make sure to look into the water at the ground rather than along the top over the water.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

just a note. I believe you have to be in first person to drink from a pond successfully, and slightly in the water (but not too far in). I haven't tried since at least the last patch.

2mhzse9.png  :P

Dam it why do i have to be the horse in this scenario :P

I think a De synced is most likely the cause due to my shit internet living in Australia -_-

• Like 1

Try to crawl,"aim" to the pump and wait for a sec

Just jumped onto a server to test, can confirm theres no option to drink when in third person, only works in first person view.

Just jumped onto a server to test, can confirm theres no option to drink when in third person, only works in first person view.

OMG that possibly could have been the issue..

FAce palm myself ;)

Thanks for all the input everyone much appreciated :)

I have got the option on third person, Try standing above it and holding RMB in and aiming at it.

I'm pretty sure I have got it in third before, its probably just really touchy to get the option.

I've been able to drink at almost every pond I found, the option shows up for me when I'm in first person though, doesn't always show in third.

Does drinking from the ponds cause any kinds of sickness though? I always prefer to stick to drinking from wells.

I have got the option on third person, Try standing above it and holding RMB in and aiming at it.

I'm pretty sure I have got it in third before, its probably just really touchy to get the option.

Doesn't surprise me, seen this issue before in the mod, tried with RMB zoom, still no option, probably dependent on the pond,

I've been able to drink at almost every pond I found, the option shows up for me when I'm in first person though, doesn't always show in third.

Does drinking from the ponds cause any kinds of sickness though? I always prefer to stick to drinking from wells.

I'm fairly certain i've been made ill from drinking from a pond, but this was before the notifications for being sick were working so can't be 100% sure what caused it, never had an issue with drinking straight from a water pump though, yet.

I always try to locate a well as opposed to drinking untreated pond water and shitting myself to death.

Instead of the message "your clothes are damp with blood"

"your clothes are damp with feces"

Edited by SAXX0N