Sign in to follow this  
gamer222

AMMO should be Rare like in Resident Evil 1

Yes, but with the tradeoff that we can find reloading supplies like bullets, powder, primer, etc., and use a reloading bench (found in towns/cities) to make our own ammo.

This is actually a good idea, Im sure theyll adjust the loot tables, but right now i have 3 60 round coupled mags and a 40 rounder. If ammo is rarer to find chances are people will think twice about shooting at other people. At least it will force people to engage others smarter or more tactically

• Like 1

No.

that.

i dont know about you, but i found like 2 M4 mags in about 2 days. still dont have ammo for my Mosin. (airfields, stary sobor, elektro, cherno etc.)

unleas your spawning in a city made out of bullets, i dont think they should decrease ammo spawn

Guns should be able to come with magazines I think though, although not fully loaded. Like 24/60 bullets left or some random number.

Agree

I found over 200 bullets for my m4 and over 100 bullets for my pistol just from 2 barracks and a prison (maybe I'm just lucky).

Edited by Badass Potato
  • Like 1

I agree.

Hopefully once a few more weapons are added, especially civilian ones, the military loot becomes a real rarity.

• Like 3

Not only should ammo be rarer, guns should be too.

It's been mentioned before, but, "finding a Mosin should make you the happiest man alive".

• Like 2

This is actually a good idea, Im sure theyll adjust the loot tables, but right now i have 3 60 round coupled mags and a 40 rounder. If ammo is rarer to find chances are people will think twice about shooting at other people. At least it will force people to engage others smarter or more tactically

this is what was i thinking it will change whole gameplay of surviving and in a positive way u got my beans cos i have christmas spaghetti  :D

Edited by Dayz3000

IMO finding military grade weaponry should be something that happens so rarely that you run around screaming like a little girl when you stumble across a AKM and one full mag.

• Like 3

The problem isn't that there are to many weapons and ammo, maby a little, but the real problem is the serverhoppers.

• Like 1

IMO finding military grade weaponry should be something that happens so rarely that you run around screaming like a little girl when you stumble across a AKM and one full mag.

this is what i like to hear  :lol:

At the start of the conversation i was think "NO" based on my experiences.

But now thinking about how the loot respawn isn't implemented yet, as well as the countless more weapons yet to be added..

Fuck! nice one guys you got me sitting on the fence now >:( >:( >:(

No matter what happens to loot tables, the first thing that needs to be addressed is the server hopping.

No amount of rarity will keep groups those groups from looting server after server,

then hitting the populated ones all looking alike in gas masks, all-camoed-up, with their m4s and assloads of mags,

shouting in their best badass voices into their mike for you to get down or your fucking dead.

You know how it goes.

I'm not sure why I'm writing this. The point's been made countless times. Anyhoo....

• Like 1

Server hopping is going to be dealt with.

Whether there are counters to prevent relogging straight away or player login/logout movements logged and analysed in a database i believe the devs are keen to put in some measures.

My recommendation is whenever someone server hops they respawn surrounded by bear traps.

• Like 2

Server hopping is going to be dealt with.

Whether there are counters to prevent relogging straight away or player login/logout movements logged and analysed in a database i believe the devs are keen to put in some measures.

My recommendation is whenever someone server hops they respawn surrounded by bear traps.

Or you can play more of the Alpha like me and lose all your loot after server hoping too much.  I learned my lesson...

Ammo should be much rarer than it is currently and I'm sure it will be once they start balancing loot tables. At the moment; as we all know; loot tables are a bit our of whack.

Not only should ammo be rarer, guns should be too.

It's been mentioned before, but, "finding a Mosin should make you the happiest man alive".

This...i just cant find the Mosin :(

Also i agree with this thread...ammo shoud be more rare...

Excelent idea! Weapons and ammo should be very rare. I think the closer you get to the "Mad Max 3" style, the better. Like when he (Mad Max) drops all his weaponry at some table and he has a some shotgun shels, some arrows, etc. This way you wouldn't shot at will, it will make you think before do it, or force some tense situation were you have to deal with your foe in a diplomatic way, sometimes leading to the inevitable end where everybody shoots everyone.

Sorry for my English.

Honestly weapons should be more rare than ammo.

Another aspect not explored is ammo types within the same caliber. One such example could be military spec ammo vs civilian hunting ammo.

7.62 x 51mm

IMGP2051.jpg

Mil spec ammo should be found in larger quantities have bad accuracy and when weapon maintenance is added they should degrade your weapon rapidly.

7.62 nato box contains 200 rounds of ammo.

.308 winchester

492947.jpg

More accurate , slightly hotter than mil spec ammo with hollow points.

These can be found in much smaller quantities of 20 rounds per box and can be found anywhere in civilian loot.

You can do the same with 5.56 nato aka .223 remington or just about all ammo types.