smthistle

Scripting already rampant...

What wait WHAT? Are people BUYING hacks for games? ARE PEOPLE PAYING TOO CHEAT NOW DAYS? Whats THE Fu**ing Fu** is wrong with people?

Even big game companies are doing that to people nowdays. "Pay 10 bucks for DLC that gives you this uber awesome DLC weapon which is borderline the best weapon in game!" "Buy this DLC to skip content" pretty much stuff like that. So they have to compete on the market, in past game companies used to put the cheats in for free! :O

• Like 1

Even big game companies are doing that to people nowdays. "Pay 10 bucks for DLC that gives you this uber awesome DLC weapon which is borderline the best weapon in game!" "Buy this DLC to skip content" pretty much stuff like that. So they have to compete on the market, in past game companies used to put the cheats in for free! :o

This is only explanation of that, that hacks that you have to pay for are always one step ahead of battle eye, VAC etc.

People see through walls. I was waiting ontop of prison stairs without moving an inch and for at least half an hour I made 0 sounds. I left all the doors closed too. So, after 15 minutes or so I hear chewing and walking and I aim and concentrate real hard, but the fuker knows exactly where Im at and he turns around while climing stairs and just starts shooting as soon as he gets a chance to see my head. Damn, fix your game or it will be a hack fest. Also, opening of  all doors should make a distinct sound. God damn and where is the report button??

Hackusations, hackusations everywhere. I have experience this bug a few times and the only bad thing that happened to me was having to run a bit more than necessary. Since its an alpha maybe stop with the rage and just accept that Dayz will be buggy and you will die many times for dumb reasons

Keyboard all i have seen you do is whinge on these forums and throws personal attacks at specific employees of BI, Surprised the Moderation Team hasn't banned you for it.

What wait WHAT? Are people BUYING hacks for games? ARE PEOPLE PAYING TOO CHEAT NOW DAYS? Whats THE Fu**ing Fu** is wrong with people?

Insecurity complexes, low self-esteem and the general need to be a dick when under the shroud of anonimity.

• Like 1

They WILL fix the scripting and anything that could be "transferred" server-side (Rocket said already that these doors are left open for dev purpose), but they will not fix the other types of cheats like the DayZ Navigator, because the data structure isn't changed at all, even a monkey with half brain could write a "map" with just 70 lines of code.

I won't blame Rocket for this.. he couldn't do much, i'm just a little disappointed that he didn't changed anything at all in the old structure, but again even if he would have lost time doing such, he could have delayed the cheating by a week.. because you can't do anything against a decompiler.

To resume: probably, if we're lucky, we wouldn't see any more weapon spawning, mass killing, teleporting (that are the most disruptive hacks if you think at it), but forget to eliminate the cheating, in a couple of weeks you will see the DayZ Navigator SA ... and i'm surprised the guy didn't released it already.

Not that bad in my opinion: i will run my own servers with active admins (and remote cams), so you may not identify the cheats, but you will sure see by naked eyes the cheaters and ban them. This is the only concrete solution.

Wahh Wahh, I got killed because of a bug in the engine. I'm going to go make an angry post on the forums claiming that this game is rampant with scripters and hackers even though I've never actually seen one. Oh yeah and the developer is gay because I'm spewing crap that I don't know anything about!

- OP, every time.

GG kid, made me reply to thread.

I love the people who think hacking will become less of a problem over time. It's quite the opposite with all games. Games are picked apart over time and the pool of public information & data simply grows. Just look at the cheat forums for CS:GO, Battlefield, COD, or any popular MMO.

I personally wrote my own anti-hack for all games but rocket doesn't want to use it because he has something against Americans.  That's right!  ROCKET HATES AMERICANS!@  Why else wouldn't they make a new map based in the US?!@®  He loves hackers but hates Americans!   Not only that but I heard he isn't even at the office this week.  Instead he flew "home" to do who knows what just weeks after the game released.  WTCF!?  Hello DEAN, remember the hackers?!  Kiwi boxing day isn't as important as our entertainment.  He took our monies and is going on a kiwi coke and whore binge.   someone alert the UN press office.

• Like 4

I love the people who think hacking will become less of a problem over time. It's quite the opposite with all games. Games are picked apart over time and the pool of public information & data simply grows. Just look at the cheat forums for CS:GO, Battlefield, COD, or any popular MMO.

About 3 weeks ago I was still playing DayZ mod on one of most popular servers and daily there were about 6 people getting global banned by battle eye.

Some of them twice and thrice when they bought new game to have new cd-key.

Just sayin.

I personally wrote my own anti-hack for all games but rocket doesn't want to use it because he has something against Americans.  That's right!  ROCKET HATES AMERICANS!@  Why else wouldn't they make a new map based in the US?!@®  He loves hackers but hates Americans!   Not only that but I heard he isn't even at the office this week.  Instead he flew "home" to do who knows what just weeks after the game released.  WTCF!?  Hello DEAN, remember the hackers?!  Kiwi boxing day isn't as important as our entertainment.  He took our monies and is going on a kiwi coke and whore binge.   someone alert the UN press office.

rofl i cant wait for people to yell at you thinking you're serious

About 3 weeks ago I was still playing DayZ mod on one of most popular servers and daily there were about 6 people getting global banned by battle eye.

Some of them twice and thrice when they bought new game to have new cd-key.

Just sayin.

About 3 weeks ago I was using the same map hack I wrote 1 year ago. I have several hundred hours logged in ArmA 2 using it. I wrote it using a tutorial on a forum with more posters than the official DayZ Mod forums. Hell, I use it on my main Steam account. I'm in good standing with Valve and Battle Eye. There's no risk.

It's like I said, ESP & Aimbot hacking a game only becomes easier over time. Yeah, a company is forced to fix gaping holes that allow someone to god mode or spawn guns, but Bohemia would be the first to do much more than that. The client always wins and it's only becoming easier to cheat and hack client sided games.

Edited by RottonKiwi

People see through walls. I was waiting ontop of prison stairs without moving an inch and for at least half an hour I made 0 sounds. I left all the doors closed too. So, after 15 minutes or so I hear chewing and walking and I aim and concentrate real hard, but the fuker knows exactly where Im at and he turns around while climing stairs and just starts shooting as soon as he gets a chance to see my head. Damn, fix your game or it will be a hack fest. Also, opening of  all doors should make a distinct sound. God damn and where is the report button??

Get killed, blame hackers. typical kid

Came here to post the same. It's a desync bug.

Funny to watch the op go apeshit over cheaters while it's a bug in the engine. Yes, there are cheats, but whoever pays 30-50 bucks to use cheats which are probably going to be patched at a later date deserve to get ripped off.

Thanks for posting the bug link, SmashT.   I understand I paid to be an alpha tester and file bugs/vote bugs to help this game out, and that's how I see it.  Sure, gearing up is kinda fun but takes ages and then what do you do?  There aren't enough features to do much crafting, etc, so I just shoot zombies and get smoked occasionally.  I did manage to heal up after gorging on food and water, man that was tedious.

Thanks for posting the bug link, SmashT.   I understand I paid to be an alpha tester and file bugs/vote bugs to help this game out, and that's how I see it.  Sure, gearing up is kinda fun but takes ages and then what do you do?  There aren't enough features to do much crafting, etc, so I just shoot zombies and get smoked occasionally.  I did manage to heal up after gorging on food and water, man that was tedious.

Play less the game or for example hunt all the buildings down that have something wrong like a wall coming through.

I've forget to test if the gun/weapon collision change affect some of the stuck in stairs bugs etc.

The worst thing is to wore the game out too soon.

They should ban everyone then let people back in one at a time, when cheats start back up, boom! Last person to be let back in is your hacker111111111211111111penguin.

The whole reason why Rocket originally wanted to create SA was to stop these cheaters...... 

Yes, among other things that still don't work. 

Let's be real. Rocket is far from a competent developer. This guy and his team has spent two years adding two or three features to the mod. They didn't even technically have to write their own engine, they had to tweak arma 2 engine to satisfy their needs. A competent dev team would have been able to roll their own engine and added more features in this amount of time. What's more is that the most important parts that were broken, are still broken. Zombies still don't work as intended, bodies disappearing after death is even more broken than it was before, random deaths from walking down stairs in the firehouse happens more than ever, hacks still work, items don't even respawn, zombies don't respawn, combat logging is more of a problem than in the mod, server hopping is still a problem. Don't even tell me that they can't hire more people now that they have gotten millions from alpher sales. Let's not pretend like the state of the game is impressive for how long they've been working on it. And yes, we all know it's an alpher, and thank god Rocket warned us that his progress was shit and we shouldn't buy the game. But in my not so humble opinion, that's just a lazy safe cop out. 

*What* exactly have the dev team been doing this entire time? The only thing that I see that's great is the new Chernarus. And you're telling me it took an entire dev team two years to redesign Chernarus? Please. I've done animation and graphics work before and I know for a fact that one person could have done all of that in two years.

What Rocket needs to do is

1. Use all of that cash you guys just got from selling pre-alpher as an "alpher". Hire more competent developers, perhaps *gasp* more competent than himself.

2. Release the game to the public as soon as possible for modding. Your game is never going to go anywhere at this rate if you don't release it to the modder that made DayZ what DayZ is. Let's be honest, most of Rocket's ideas are half-baked and need the community to finish baking them for him. 

3. Fix all those damn bugs that were in the mod. What's the point of spending all of this time on the standalone just to make a game that has all of the same bugs and cheats in the mod? You're telling me that being able to swap weapons was the first priority that came to Rocket's mind? 

Anyway, long rant but, Rocket did warn us that he made very shitty progress on the alpher, so don't buy it if this will bug you. I've honestly in my 10 years experience as a developer have never seen such a disastrous software/game.  As for me, while I complain, I do still find joy playing Worldstar HipHop Simulator 2014 for now.

But that's because of the players, not because of the game.  

At this rate, we will have to wait until 2016 to see a game that's on the level of the DayZ mod's mods.

Edited by TLW
  • Like 2

You are not a developer TLW. If you were you'd know how long software dev takes. Do the world a favor and don't state your opinions and guesses as if they were facts. Thats one of the big differences between the mature and immature. The smartest people tend to say i don't know a lot. If that doesn't make sense to you im guessing your a young wipper snapper.