TheRealAzrael

What Ruins DayZ

Lock this thread

you did that to get a post, just like i did

To me it sounds like that someone just cant handle it! buaha

My favorite part of the game is travelling the inland roads, looking at the fall scenery. Love me some orange leaf trees. 

My favorite part of the game is travelling the inland roads, looking at the fall scenery. Love me some orange leaf trees. 

No shit though..... this game is beautiful

• Like 1

Walking speed is way too fast as it is. Hell, sprinting at 24 km/h indefinately is so OTT. Crank those back, I say. Take a day to walk across the map. At least that's one day you're not dead!

And you want cars! Next you'll want helicoptors and jets! And then it's only a small step to teleports between fat loot spawns!  Might as well since WOW has them, right? ;-)

The only major flaw in this game (and the mod as well) is the fact you can loot gear on one server and transport it to another to be used. Kill that and then we're all on the same battlefield with the server jumping, combat logging, ghosting, PvP sons of ...    Opps. Sorry, almost headed into full rant mode there.

A:1. I am not demanding these things get done RIGHT now, it is only MY list of what I think would make the game better...... if you don't agree, then dislike the post and move on. If you do agree, or you disagree and want to debate it, then do so in a mature way.

Totally, you can't/don't read, and you are impatient. Congrats

I won't focus on the Irony in that statement, so instead I'll bring up one point to damage all of the points you originally made.

Firstly, you yourself stated (even though it's not true) that this game is only popular because of the DayZ Mod for ArmA 2 (Untrue, this would be popular regardless because it's an open world zombie simulator).

Now to the main point, I presume you HAVE indeed played ArmA 2 over your points, so regarding your opinion on "this isn't real life" etc and what not, I'll have you know that this game is developed on Virtual Reality 3 which is an engine intended for real-life simulation purposes;Virtual Reality is an engine that was leased by the US Army/Military to train soldiers how to deal with and prepare in real-life situations in Iraq. ArmA 1, 2, 3, Take On Helicopters and DayZ are all simulators developed on that engine whether you like it or not; If you want "Infestation" then go play "Infestation".

Edited by ColinM9991

6: I understand this is Alpha..... but what makes Day Z mod enjoyable is the customization, and the clan/group capabilities. Loot needs to be re-organized so that people can actually make gear stashes where they respawn at (TENTS!!!!)....... PVP becomes much more fun when your group can respawn and get right back into the fight......AFTER 2 weeks of just gathering stuff for a sustained battle............. That's what made the mod fun, bring it the F**K back.......

In the mod you could never spawn at your tents.... You obviously never played the mod and youre new... Combat is fun because if you die you lose everything, if you can just get all your gear back right away with no effort then its just stupid. If you want that then go to a PVP server  on the mod.

Safe areas no thank you, your ranting about a game that is early alpha :|.

1. Trade, log-in/out without worry of spawnkill

2. True, but it does narrow it down a lot more..... losing consciousness due to food poisoning, and loss of blood would on the other hand show VERY different symptoms

3. No I don't think the ruins of the fallen world are supposed to be plentiful, but I don't expect there to be nothing but hats and pants laying around because I'm not server hopping (or in your analogy, changing dimensions)

4. Have you heard of hunting...... Realistically speaking though, if you see that there are bandits in an area, and you decide to sneak up on them and kill them......you face a much lower risk of being caught by them, so yes, killing bandits does have a very practical meaning.

5. Almost everything is in russian.... it is well known that Vodka is a highly consumed product of middle eastern countries that still use Russian as their primary language...... So again, where's the vodka?

6. Your right, because that's totally what I was talking about. And I'm so glad that when I got to New York City, only 40 people are allowed to be on the island at one time....it really helps reduce the traffic.......

7. I was talking about what made day z successfull..... you don't see battlefield taking away vehicles, you don't see CoD removing weapon customization......I'm saying, even though we are getting away from Arma, there was still plenty from the Day Z mod that was considered a staple, important, and I personally feel that the developer needs to remember that

8. Awesome, and you can go to the super sparse survival server, hope you enjoy it

9. Your right, I don't like playing games for fun.....I only want the experience......Are you by chance into "contemporary art"? I'm sorry, but I do play games for fun, and yes walking increases the realism, but eventually you need to be able to upgrade....I just look forward to when that will happen.

Roguelikes tend to make you apreciate the journey and not focus so much on character advancement as an end, but rather as a mean to amusement. As a result, death isn't so much a punishment but an opportunity to try something different.

I believe safe zones and punishing certain play styles would ruin DayZ.

It wouldn't be a game i would play.

• Like 1

stop saying its alpha you sound like a tard, its been in work for 2 years and I seen games in alpha that look better. That exuse is long dead anyone who says otherwise is just a fanboy

I'm just curious as to what exactly you think happens for the 2 years prior?

Does the game magically appear, developed, in alpha state?

stop saying its alpha you sound like a tard, its been in work for 2 years and I seen games in alpha that look better. That exuse is long dead anyone who says otherwise is just a fanboy

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

But for real its Alpha

And yea DayZ SA was in development before the DayZ mod everyone knows this!

The only point i could find worthy of noting ;)

See item Alcohol tincture. Under medical items... Nuff said

You should of listened to the advice of the alpha warning when you bought the game. Alpha!

lolAlpha

Anyway.  Definitely a no to the safe zones.  DayZ is unique for this very reason.  Your "safe zone" is in the forest.  Hell, I get excited when I enter a town and the doors are still shut on houses.  When I find them open...I start to worry a little.

Vehicles are planned.  Much more is planned.  I'm having a blast, even when I die.

The only issues I have are already planned to be addressed by the devs (like server hopping).  Other than obvious bug fixes and polish, this game is shaping up to be freaking amazing.  A TRUE hardcore survival game.

AMEDD, kudos if you know what it is, if you don't, go search for it. My Study/Major was combat medicine, and no I am not claiming to be an expert, simply that if there were symptoms listed it would make the problems much easier to treat.

For example: I'm feeling sick, my stomach hurts, I'm really tired, I'm getting cramps, My vision is blacking out at the edges.......what would you want to do for that person?

Me, I would want to give saline right away, they are either dehydrated or suffering low blood pressure (lack of blood or some other substance creating low blood pressure)

Another example: I'm feeling faint, my stomach hurts, I feel like throwing up, I'm sweating ALOT, there is a weird taste in my mouth/on my breath, I'm breathing very heavy ......what would you want to do?

Me, this person might just have some type of contact contamination, lets check them over to see if they have an infection...

opt A: infection present, clean the infection, re-bandage, give anti-biotics

opt B: no infectious wounds/legions detected, give the person charcoal tablet and hope to god it is some type of food poisoning.....if not then medicines/equipment is needed that is not viable in a survival scenario

And yet, you skip most of the mandatory operations you must execute when abiding by the CTT that is provided in the Army. Everything I am seeing here is fake.

"I'm feeling faint, my stomach hurts, I feel like throwing up, I'm sweating ALOT, there is a weird taste in my mouth/on my breath, I'm breathing very heavy ......what would you want to do?"

Ever stop and think to loosen the clothing, giving the casualty water (if conscious)? It could be a simple heat stroke which doesn't take much to treat. 

Dude these comments are downright offensive....How could you say such a thing...If this was 14th century Europe I would have you burned at the stake for heresy...It is simply the most terrible fucking idea I have ever read on these forums...What kind of survivor are you anyway. You should be ashamed of yourself, you make me sick.

lets face it, this game IS NOT realistic.......pvp, non-pvp areas area's are a MUST.....especially when loot is so FRIGGIN hard to find!

3: Loot......the only servers worth going to are ones that get reset almost every hour........going through an entire city and finding 2-3 items worth storing is not surviving, it is wasting your time........and if the game had some type of mission structure/non-pvp area's, the lack of loot might be appealing.......but since EVERYTING is pvp, and bored people camp out random areas, randomely dying can become EXTREMELY INCONVENIENT.........

4: Random killings need to be punished: AGAIN, THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE: for example, If I disovered a person randomely shot in the back, I would HAPPILY search for foot prints, then track the cheap asshole down that did the shooting, and execute him.....AFTER "arresting" him and making him realize he was going to DIE because he has no respect for human life...............but there are no footprints.....If i handcuffed someone they could simply log out (even if they died, they would respawn) or any number of things could happen......THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE.......... stop trying to pretend like it is, accept that it isn't, and make it friggin enjoyable.

-please, someone legitiamely tell me they like running around for 2-3 hours to get re-geared when they get randomely killed

What...

The...

Fuck...

Is it me or the CoD fanboys are now moving on and wants every true games to become like CoD wich is an intereractive movie.

Why are they are migrating ?

Did they finally realize it was crap ? And do they realize they are NOT GAMERS.

• Like 1