marsmars

What are books for?

Shit, at first it looked like FTC was going to become a clothing outlet, now it looks like we're going to become a bookstore too...

Lots of exciting opportunities once permanent storage has been enabled. A community run safe zone with a bookstore, emergency medical center and a food kitchen.  But for now each of us will have to commit one book to memory.

Hello there

Apparently books can be read if in your hotbar whilst unconscious.

I think theyre far from dumb. There's some amazing books in there. I recommend any of Lovecraft's works.

What they do need is a slightly nicer reading system to make books more accessible.

It would be nice if they made it so that any book you find you could download to your reallife phone/pad.

Rdgs

LoK

Nice, no wonder I was so confused, they told me to use that cheat sheet.

I found a better version:

3ZzBXgY.png

Thats one pretty useful haha

Dude I found a guy reading a book. I see this guy prone in some bushes and ask him what the hell he's doing. He says reading a book. We chat for a bit and I ask him to join me but he says no so I leave him there. Play for a while get off come back almost 4 hours later and pass the same spot and he's still there. Same guy not AFK. He says to me "its a good book". I ask him to blood bag me but he says he'll lose his page. So I eventually find someone else to do it and die because I had the wrong blood type. Didn't know about blood types. But yeah people actually read books.

While I'd typically read a book in real life if I wanted to read a book, I'd like to sit down and read one in DayZ one time. I pick them up as it is. I've always enjoyed reading in TES and Fallout games (3 and NV, am casual), why not DayZ?

I was surprised they were full books at first too, but no time to read when my pal was waiting on me. I may wait on him with a book one day. Gives me the benefit of still being attentive ingame in case I hear a soda can pop open or shots fired.

Reading. Me and my group have a nice book club going.  We all meet at the pond near prud set down a gas lamp on a night server and read some classic literature.  I love the disappointed reactions I get from my killers when all they find is books.

Lmao!

Oh, I loved this.

They need to put some kind of library in the game.

Edited by Dutter

I throw them at people then scream "WOOLOOLOOLOOLOOOOOOOOOO" and run away.