marsmars

What are books for?

They are meant to be read but it seems that is disabled for now.

I've found the books I pick up to be readable if you bind one to a key. It's the whole damn book, too. Seems Rocket wanted to add a little culture to the Apocalypse.

• Like 7

I've found the books I pick up to be readable if you bind one to a key. It's the whole damn book, too. Seems Rocket wanted to add a little culture to the Apocalypse.

Well his goal is to add more than just looking for people to kill.

* I'd say this is the right way to start.

• Like 1

Reading, quite rare in a video game.

It's hard enough to get players to read the Alpha notification when starting up DayZ.

• Like 14

It's hard enough to get players to read the Alpha notification when starting up DayZ.

But then again we are expecting mature audience.

Oh the irony  :P

Dammit, I really wanted to read The Cosmic Computer((

I found it to be a neat little thing.  I've grabbed a few books to read but haven't gotten around to actually reading any yet.  

For everyone saying that you can't read them, you need to put them in your hotbar and click on the number related to the hotbar number you put it in.  Then the entire book will be able to be read.  

• Like 1

Reading, quite rare in a video game.

Yeah, because it's kind of pointless and dumb and nobody's going to do it.

• Like 2

Turning pages can be a little bugged so just hit the right arrow key and you should get the option.

Reading. Me and my group have a nice book club going.  We all meet at the pond near prud set down a gas lamp on a night server and read some classic literature.  I love the disappointed reactions I get from my killers when all they find is books.

• Like 12

For death-matching players yeah it's pointless. 

For a role-player it's a very immersive experience.

Edited by Sobieski12
  • Like 3

Reading. Me and my group have a nice book club going.  We all meet at the pond near prud set down a gas lamp on a night server and read some classic literature.  I love the disappointed reactions I get from my killers when all they find is books.

Can I join this book club?  I do enjoy talking about great literature while starving to death and being chased by zombies.

• Like 2

For death-matching players yeah it's pointless. 

For a role-player it's a very immersive experience.

Yeah, no. Pretty sure it's dumb either way. If I wanted to read a book, I would just go read a book. Even if I wanted to "roleplay" it, I would still read a copy in real life so the text is actually readable and the interface isn't terrible.

And, sorry, "roleplayer" or not I don't believe for a fucking second you're going to post up in DayZ and read a copy of fucking Faust.

Besides, what are you "roleplaying?" A fucking idiot? Put the book down and go gather some food and supplies.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1

Yeah, no. Pretty sure it's dumb either way. If I wanted to read a book, I would just go read a book. Even if I wanted to "roleplay" it, I would still read a copy in real life so the text is actually readable and the interface isn't terrible.

And, sorry, "roleplayer" or not I don't believe for a fucking second you're going to post up in DayZ and read a copy of fucking Faust.

Besides, what are you "roleplaying?" A fucking idiot? Put the book down and go gather some food and supplies.

I did enjoy reading The War of the Worlds while waiting for friends and such.  Books are a nice thing to pass time in DayZ.  No need to get hateful.

• Like 2

What are you talking about? Just imagine camping NWAF and instead of being bored while waiting you pull out Moby Dick and start reading until someone shows up :D

I have the perfect book for you, sir! http://www.barnesandnoble.com/listing/2691143675057?r=1&cm_mmca2=pla&cm_mmc=GooglePLA-_-Book_15To24-_-Q000000633-_-2691143675057

• Like 1

Books are for hiding my personal stash ;)

XOLxdJy.jpg                       <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Don't judge me i have some serious problems.... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

picked up a pristine copy of alice in wonderland, might give it a read

but i was wondering, is there anyway to bookmark your page, or skip to a certain page?  dont think i could read the book in one go without being shot or starving to death

I've found like 6 copies of The Call of Cthulu. 

I think that means something..

Oh god wait... nooo!