capt. beefsteak

Why does everyone I run into kill me?

It will likely stay like that until the game gets more zombies in. I don't see too many people firing off shots in Cherno if 50-100 zombies come their way every time. It happens in the mod because you can easily avoid the zombies inside buildings but I doubt it will ever go away as its a part of the game. You'll just see more people kos-ing with hatchets then and that's a much easier situation to deal with.

avoid other players, sadly there isn't much to do besides shoot people and find more gear, and once you've got enough gear, there isn't much to do besides shoot people.  

first thing you're doing wrong though - don't just stand in the open and wave at a stranger with a gun, what is wrong with you? you need to take cover and use your mic. If you don't have a mic, get one. 

second thing - don't trust strangers - at all. someone who says friendly and then continues to look at you or try and follow you is obviously not friendly. 

third thing - get used to getting shot at. believe it or not, most people are in this game to use their guns, pretending you're in happy playland is only going to make things more frustrating for you. If you don't wanna KOS, fucking good on you, but don't expect other people to use the same standards, in fact, expect people to use lower standards and stop putting yourself in a position of vulnerability. Everyone is potentially hostile.  

it would be good if the game indicated how long you've stayed alive somehow, i really liked that about the mod. Because it reminded me how much time i'd spent on my char. 

Just avoid. If you don't want to see players go on a low-population server and stay away from Balota.

You don't want to become a KoSer. Don't go murdering fresh spawns or Melee people unless they are in the same building or something. Don't shoot the guy who could have already shot you but didn't. Just break LOS and hide util they leave. But if they are shooting at you/swinging at you, by all means, blast away.

I don't KoS. I haven't been kosed yet. There are friendly players out there, usaully on lower-pops to avoid Deathmatch s at Balota. 

Just take my advice. Don't shoot them if they are moving away/around you, unarmed, or poorly armed. Even if they are pointing their gun at you, they're just making sure your not a KoSer. 

Above all, don't go chasing people. Chasing some guy for ruined gear is just being an asshole. 

I only KoS if startled or they are in the same building, and only if they are Armed.

BTW, they don't KoS for gear, they do it because they think that this is CoD and that shooting a fresh-spawn is "Fun"

Conversation I had:

Me,"Who are you?

Player,"I'm friendly."

Me,"Don't come up the ladder."

Player,"I'm friendly."

Player comes up ladder and is shot dead.

He might have been the friendliest guy in the world but I was not going to give up my position on him. The rooftop was my temporary personal space. When approaching players keep your space.

DunknesMonster

• Like 3

Everyone I've met so far has killed me.. Some kill me instantly, some pretend to be friendly then do the deed. Are there any players out there that don't believe in this? I know why they kill, it's for gear, but really... Every time?? It's going to make me a murderer.. I will not be able to trust anyone.....

This then goes into the whole, why can't you make yourself healthy, saline bags, iv stuff, etc... Everyone I've bumped into that I didn't escape from has tried to kill me or has killed me.. If I can't make myself better, and everyone just wants to kill each other it's going to be super hard to accomplish anything..

Latest log:

2.5 hours in I found myself with a full pack, beans, pasta, epi pen's (2) vitamins, you name it... Saline bag, blood bag, killed many zombies feeling good... Then I was walking down a road and noticed the tell tale sign of a military base with the towers and all. I went over cautiously and didn't notice anything. I went inside only to find a m4 and 7.62 rounds. There was also a pistol, and a gasmask as well as a ballistic helmet. Now I was fully loaded.. I walked outside, looked around, i mistook a player for a Zombie, and evaded, turned around to notice it was a player..

I sat there directly across from him.. my gun was out.. he'd already gotten close enough to inspect my pack (when i was evading) As I look directly across at him I wave... He shot and killed me... All that work.. Moral of this story is, I am going to kill anything that moves.. This was the first time I've ever been frusterated during this game. Why don't people wanna team up?

Obviously you're going to need teamates in order to live... So with this said, should someone wanna clan up.. and go clean the scum of the game, I'm all for it.. My objective is to survive and If you find me, and I kill you... you'll understand now why your dead. I wish there was a way or a button you could click to commit (maybe to last for 10 mins or so) to a certain player, that would allow you to not kill them... This way we could be sure that you weren't really just another hostile player waiting for an opportunity..

when you are shot try shouting out friendly. I had someone fully geared who i shot from the firestation roof, i know i hit so i chased him down with no intention of killing him but just to see what he has to say. So i went into the building he was in and i could hear him making those wounded noises but could not find him. As i went to leave he was standing at the door with his gun trained on me so i shot again and then he starts going wtf man why shoot me. I was thinking what a fucking idiot why not say something like shout friendly down the mic or something dont sneak up behind me and then be super suprised when i shoot you, if you dont want to be shot state your a friendly on the mic and i garantee you 2/3 of people would not waste the ammo on you.

This game is infinitely more fun with friends. I've been rolling with my clan from another game and we've made it our quest to hunt bandits and spawn campers. I can't tell you how awesome it is to totally overwhelm these couches with superior firepower, resources, and numbers. We stop all players no matter what, but we always , et non hostiles go... though you can bet we watch our backs after. We totally rocked this boat a airbase camper and his buddies last night.

The moral is to try to find at least one person to play with. We roll in a group of 5 or 6 and we take care of one another. Strength in numbers.

I blame liars, to many people say they are friendly, while they arent, and shoot at you.

That is why I dont trust anyone and kill on sight.

• Like 1

I blame liars, to many people say they are friendly, while they arent, and shoot at you.

That is why I dont trust anyone and kill on sight.

Last night, my clan and I liberated the balota a by taking out this dude that was camping inside the prison on the wes side next to hangers. He was just murdering everyone who opened the door. We heard his gunfire, and all the dudes he killed were just helpless.

Anyway, we take that dude out and start to regroup inside the same prison. Half of us were in the bottom back room, the other half in the top. Not 2 minutes go by when 2 dudes spawn right in front of us, one in each room. We simply weren't expecting it and were still feeling the rush from killing the camper. I mean those dudes spawned in right on top of us, immediately after killing the camper bandit.

We wrecked them too. It was just too coincidental. We figured the dude we killed got his crannies to spawn in to kill us. We couldn't take any chances.

Immediately after this, some guy comes to the outside of the prison claiming to be friendly in voip. He wants in and says he's friendly. Well... we just took out an entire squad of bandits, took two casualties of our own, and needed to regroup. We told the dude to flux off and come back later.

Meanwhile, the dude we killed re spawned next to our teammate outside balota. Not knowing that he was telling the story to the very person that killed him, he allowed our clan mate to follow him and help him get vengeance as he put it. Our clan mate follows him for a while, befriending him u til he finds a screwdriver. And then he proceeds to shank the spawn camper again as a fresh spawn as he cries in voip, "WHY YOU KILLIN ME BRO?" To which our clan mate responds, "I was the one who killed you in the first place!"

We don't take chances with people. And we make those who deserve it suffer :p

I haven't killed a player yet, I have always been friendly, killed several times because of this, but eventually you will meet other friendlys, I met a nice group of russians yesterday who I have now joined. Don't give up being friendly just because some guy killed you after playing Call Of Duty.

Edited by moulty10

Got the game yesterday and spent 2 hours or so gearing up. Had plenty of food and water and everything else I needed except for a weapon. I ended up on the outskirts of Zelenogorsk at a farm (one of the old refueling areas from the mod) and went upstairs in this workshop. I turned and there in a doorway facing away from me was a dude fully decked out in military gear. Dammit I should have known better. I should have ran. But I just froze. I put my hands on my head as he turned and said friendly I have nothing just looking for food in my mic. He looked at me for a couple of seconds and then shot me in the face.

I vowed to KOS from now on.

But I'm really not like that. I want to survive, not grief.

So after awhile I was back at it. Managed to find an M4 at the Balota airfield. Was pitch black out but I was too paranoid to use my flashlight so I turned my brightness and gamma up. Light enough to see around you but not light enough to see loot but w/e. I was heading back to Balota to find some water because I was extremely thirsty and I saw this dude in front of me just standing there. I pointed my gun at him and he looked in my general direction. He whipped out his flashlight and said in his mic oh man oh god dude please don't kill me I just spawned I literally have nothing. I told him I wasn't going to kill him and that there were zombies near the buildings I'd already looted. He wished me a merry christmas and I headed off to Balota.

Now here's where I start feeling bad. I saw a flashlight dancing around in Balota. So I stalked him for a bit realizing that he had already looted everything. He was a fresh spawn but he had all of the food and water in town and I REALLY needed water. So he stopped in a building and I heard him drinking. I yelled BEEEAAAARRRRRRGHGHHGHGH in my mic, ran up to him, and shot him in the head while he was drinking. I took all of his water and headed back north.

I've been avoiding people, watching them. I'm still alive. I think today I will camp at barracks and shoot anyone that server hops into them because I'm tired of finding nothing at any of them.

i keep seeing guys at the forum complaining about:

KoS (which is actually just bandits being bandits. dont run like a huge freaking target with a pistol in the streets of cherno. and just add a spawn timer. like 5 min after spawning you cannot get shot. problem solved. TADAH.)

Too much guns (there is a spawn chart that was copied from the original mod to the game (for now). there are only 3 guns atm and they filled the guns that dont exist yet with those 3 guns. think.

Optimization issues ( i dont know if its normal. but im running this game better then BF4. and also i encounter like 2 bugs in DayZ. while in BF4 i keep getting jammed into jeeps, buildings. people faces etc.)

lack of guns and ammo (really. are you.... im just.... really? find a way to go to Balota Airfield. thank me later.)

server hopping and combat logging (this is a problem. but dont get butthurt from it . death when leaving the game? REALLY?! btw, a timer before leaving wont reduce server hopping in any way what so ever.. forget it. people will just wait 30 seconds and hop again.)

hackers (dont be fooled. there are hackers. but for real, do you want the game to work and then to take care of hackers, or do you want just a 5GB anti hack system?)

BUGS. (READ. THE. DEVELOPER. NOTES. BEFORE. BUYING. It's on the steam page. before the buy button. dont ignore a HUGE BLUE SQUARE.)

just... just had to get this out. so people will stop whining about stuff. sorry for the rant.. but it was just annoying as hell.

Thanks,

-Orr

My group of people end up killing because people will not listen.

Say stop they run

Get on the ground they stand looking around

Stay back they get closer

If they listen we take we want and send them on their way

I haven't killed anyone yet (32 hours so far). I've been killed a few times, maybe twice. I have got the jump on several people and just left them alone. I have also had people leave me alone, sometimes they are just outgunned. This one guy snuck up on me when I was munching on my seriously loud food and just stood there looking at me until I turned which was quite scary. He gave me a compass and I went on my way. I've been shot at several times but managed to escape, sometimes I've shot back.

The way I see it is this: it doesn't come down to what you gain, it comes down to what you will lose. When you have nothing then sure you have a lot to gain but their stuff will be wrecked when you kill them anyway. When you are geared up, you stand to gain nothing but if you don't kill someone then you stand to lose all of your stuff. I think it is the fear of losing more than the lure of gaining that drives people to kill on sight.

I would like to see more implemented to reduce kos because it does spoil the game. I'm not talking overkill type stuff but more things to encourage cooperation and reduce the fear of losing stuff though I have no suggestions. I would welcome something to ell if a person is friendly or not - some text message when you get near someone saying your thoughts "This person seems to have a certain kindness about them," and so on. Just anything to break down the barriers that prevent initial interaction. You watch something like The Walking Dead and you know if one of the characters looks trustworthy or sly etc, I don't see how this shouldn't be done in game too.

• Like 1

Yes a no pvp after spawn timer of 5mins :D

And...And maybe it can be like the ice block spell like mages have in Wow :D

k981tj.jpg

"sarcasm" :]

• Like 3

i keep seeing guys at the forum complaining about:

KoS (which is actually just bandits being bandits. dont run like a huge freaking target with a pistol in the streets of cherno. and just add a spawn timer. like 5 min after spawning you cannot get shot. problem solved. TADAH.)

Too much guns (there is a spawn chart that was copied from the original mod to the game (for now). there are only 3 guns atm and they filled the guns that dont exist yet with those 3 guns. think.

Optimization issues ( i dont know if its normal. but im running this game better then BF4. and also i encounter like 2 bugs in DayZ. while in BF4 i keep getting jammed into jeeps, buildings. people faces etc.)

lack of guns and ammo (really. are you.... im just.... really? find a way to go to Balota Airfield. thank me later.)

server hopping and combat logging (this is a problem. but dont get butthurt from it . death when leaving the game? REALLY?! btw, a timer before leaving wont reduce server hopping in any way what so ever.. forget it. people will just wait 30 seconds and hop again.)

hackers (dont be fooled. there are hackers. but for real, do you want the game to work and then to take care of hackers, or do you want just a 5GB anti hack system?)

BUGS. (READ. THE. DEVELOPER. NOTES. BEFORE. BUYING. It's on the steam page. before the buy button. dont ignore a HUGE BLUE SQUARE.)

just... just had to get this out. so people will stop whining about stuff. sorry for the rant.. but it was just annoying as hell.

Thanks,

-Orr

merging

just add a spawn timer. like 5 min after spawning you cannot get shot. problem solved. TADAH.

Noobs that complain about KoS will complain that immortal guys camp them with axes and as soon as protecion is off they get headshot. Problem increased.

Just a 5GB anti hack system please.

I found the best way to approach someone is by catching them off-guard.

Do not EVER approach a group unless you are in a group yourself and outnumber them, along with easy shots if necessary. Humans are known to be much more stupid in packs; maybe it's an evolutionary adaptation, I don't know.

If you are ever caught in a situation where you are told to freeze and put your hands up, do not talk over the voice and comply with what they say. I found it easiest to not speak so they don't try to manipulate and empower you. If they make an attempt to feed you something, do not accept it. Try to see if they want blood, and use that to your advantage. At the moment, you can't take blood from a dead body.

Humans are known to be much more stupid in packs; maybe it's an evolutionary adaptation, I don't know.

from experience I can say that this is 100% true

I can't play in groups because all I do is mess up and fool around; lone wolfing is where I play best

I just heard of a cool trick. If you punch someone in the head with fists, it should knock them down and allow you to steal some loot. i.e. punch someone pointing a gun at you and take their gun from them. Ultimate role reversal.

Yes a no pvp after spawn timer of 5mins :D

And...And maybe it can be like the ice block spell like mages have in Wow :D

k981tj.jpg

"sarcasm" :]

I laughed at this more then I should of lol