capt. beefsteak

Why does everyone I run into kill me?

I haven't killed a player yet, I have always been friendly, killed several times because of this, but eventually you will meet other friendlys, I met a nice group of russians yesterday who I have now joined. Don't give up being friendly just because some guy killed you after playing Call Of Duty.

same here... but to be honest, if i tried, i would probably be the 1st to die.

I have been playing for a few hours now and i still run out of food. FOOD is what usually kills me. So if you see a white woman on a UK server, offer her some food please.

Everyone I've met so far has killed me.. Some kill me instantly, some pretend to be friendly then do the deed. Are there any players out there that don't believe in this? I know why they kill, it's for gear, but really... Every time?? It's going to make me a murderer.. I will not be able to trust anyone.....

This then goes into the whole, why can't you make yourself healthy, saline bags, iv stuff, etc... Everyone I've bumped into that I didn't escape from has tried to kill me or has killed me.. If I can't make myself better, and everyone just wants to kill each other it's going to be super hard to accomplish anything..

Latest log:

2.5 hours in I found myself with a full pack, beans, pasta, epi pen's (2) vitamins, you name it... Saline bag, blood bag, killed many zombies feeling good... Then I was walking down a road and noticed the tell tale sign of a military base with the towers and all. I went over cautiously and didn't notice anything. I went inside only to find a m4 and 7.62 rounds. There was also a pistol, and a gasmask as well as a ballistic helmet. Now I was fully loaded.. I walked outside, looked around, i mistook a player for a Zombie, and evaded, turned around to notice it was a player..

I sat there directly across from him.. my gun was out.. he'd already gotten close enough to inspect my pack (when i was evading) As I look directly across at him I wave... He shot and killed me... All that work.. Moral of this story is, I am going to kill anything that moves.. This was the first time I've ever been frusterated during this game. Why don't people wanna team up?

Obviously you're going to need teamates in order to live... So with this said, should someone wanna clan up.. and go clean the scum of the game, I'm all for it.. My objective is to survive and If you find me, and I kill you... you'll understand now why your dead. I wish there was a way or a button you could click to commit (maybe to last for 10 mins or so) to a certain player, that would allow you to not kill them... This way we could be sure that you weren't really just another hostile player waiting for an opportunity..

doormat.jpg

My guess on why people Kill on Sight in the standalone is because there actually isn't really much to do. The SA Alpha is in an early stage and you got no cars, helicopters, base building possibilities and such.

So eventually you end up getting all the stuff you want and plenty of ammo, but barely any zombies to shoot so you remain with very few options and the most common one people pick is PvP.

I personally am quite the bandit when i got everything i wanted and basically don't need anything else. i seek confrontation with other players and sometimes even run around with 3 - 4 friends searching for other groups to have an epic battle.

But yeah, when you die and got to start over, karma will hit me quite bad when i get shot while i had nothing but it's part of the game i guess.

'When you are geared up, you stand to gain nothing but if you don't kill someone then you stand to lose all of your stuff. I think it is the fear of losing more than the lure of gaining that drives people to kill on sight.'

This.