mark3236 (DayZ)

This is a really really bad ducking game

I guess most want it the way it was in Arma 2. It makes no sense to be that unprecise. What is the real effect of your shots being unpredictable?

Instead of the player with more skill, the player with more luck wins. You will have longer firefights, but is it rewarding to win because you were lucky? You can take a lot of time to ambush another player from 300 meters away, observe him for a few minutes, do your best to center your crosshair exactly on the head of his character... And then miss. He turns around, shoots (maybe not even accurately) and kills you. Sounds really unfair.

Normal people in real life can't shoot that well. Most beginners of FPS can't shoot that well either. Try shooting a moving target 300 meters away if you are a beginner in FPS and especially Arma, I predict you won't do that much better then a normal person would in real life. The skill that players have in this game is acquired skill, no need to take the benefits of said skill away and make the game roulette to some degree or somehow handicap players by making weapons arbitrarily inaccurate.

• Like 1

it makes no sense that bullets land somewhere you're not aiming, magically. I know a person without bipod won't be hitting targets pinpoint accurate at longer ranges, but that's what sway and breath-holding/bipods are for. It needs to be fixed.

1. Decreased precision of guns like the to make firefights longer and more fun. In in the dayz mod, you were a dead man if you were ambushed, unless the ambusher(s) were horrible shots. I believe decreased precision gives the amushed atleast a chance to react before either getting killed or retaliating. Isn't it great, that people are now given a slight chance to defend their many hours of hard work and survival?

There is to be no crutch for bad players. I've played the mod for the duration of it's release and I have NEVER been ambushed unless I was doing something I knew was risky. I've always looked around, scouted every tree line before entering, counted players before engaging, and I never take the road. Why should I be punished because others run around like morons and cry when they get KOS'ed on top of the ATC in Balota? After 'hours of hardwork and survival' I doubt I'd play this game if my fate was left up to a RNG.

I read the first three lines:

"This is a really really bad ducking game

NOT REALLY. THIS IS A GAME WITH AWESOME POTENTIAL

*Title was a bait for the forum moderators/devs. Sorry about that.*"

Then I left, seeya

Edited by Kilo_UK

Edited by Guest

K, from what i'm reading since my last post, you guys obviously didn't go to the link...

You didn't deploy your bipod. That's why it didn't do anything for you.

Im not sure if its due to the reduced accuracy, but in a firefight last night I got shot twice and managed to drag myself away and patch myself up. I feel like in the mod getting shot was a death sentence 95% of the time. That's a good change I think. It might the fight a lot longer, intense, and interesting.

I think accuracy should be somewhat reduced (I believe its supposed to simulate us not having military exp), but maybe not as much as it was.

Edited by ClassyPenguin

K, from what i'm reading since my last post, you guys obviously didn't go to the link...

Thanks for the test, pressed like on the video.

Yes, you have demonstrated excellently how bad the dispersion is in SA without magpul parts. I'm not sure if DayZ was sponsored by magpul(sarcasm), but this is really bad. All this game needs to be buried in the ground is to sell magpul parts for real money to players right now :P

Edited by mark3236

Last thing i need is 20 8 year olds covering 4 square miles of ground with super accurate "game guns" designed to take out tons of heavily armed computer ai in a single session, putting their cursor on my character and clicking their mouse button after having just spent 2 hours searching houses for basic gear. From a sniper or series of snipers i couldn't even hope to see unless i wanted to pretend i was in a war zone checked every bush and hedge? NO THANKS! They were way too accurate before, its better now. Take a well aimed shot. No super-zoom Dmrs, no crazy FLIR vision scopes please, not half the server having AS50s thanks... There are tons of other ways to implement fun, rewarding combat.

It one thing to have to be careful, but Its just too unfair to be able to blink someone out of existence from 2 square miles around you so easily in a game where a fair amount of the people are roleplaying unaware people gathering food and trying to be friendly. Its unfair and UN-FUN to be so disadvantaged, to be target practice for PVPers not roleplaying.

One of the other negative things about having very accurate long range weapons is that it makes going up on high places with the nice views too hard and too dangerous. Like in Cherno most of the time. There is a lot we're missing out on because of that.

What they should do though is increase the player view distance, as it is, it makes the world way to big for the amount of players. then we can track each other better, you to kill, me to see if they are bandits and THEN kill... Btw, to ruin your bandit egos: I've only just barely killed people who are in the process of firing at me or axing me and barely survived. If i started killing who ever i saw, I would leave a huge WAKE of avatar bodies behind me, but since i kill no one that i can't determine is absolutely a bandit/murderer, thats the only reason you aint on the beach with nothing but a can of beans.

Its just too unfair to be able to blink someone out of existence from 2 square miles around

There's a big difference in not hitting anything at 100 yards and hitting a person with a 5.56 at a mile.

Have you ever tried out the M4?

take a look at the one with normal attachments (yes, it's moderately good with magpul attachments... but really? Even WarZ didn't do something stupid as that. Boosting accuracy about 1000~5000% just because it has a magpul handguard is retarded).

Do you honestly think that's what accuracy should be? I'm not asking for a precision weapon. I just need it to be somewhat usable. At this state right now, they probably set a world record of the worst accuracy portrayed in the gaming industry.

At this state right now, they probably set a world record of the worst accuracy portrayed in the gaming industry.

I don't know if I would say that. What I will say, however... right now there is no realism. I mean that!

-Almost every muzzle velocity is incorrect

-Projectile in-flight ballistics are incorrect

-Weapon dispersion is greatly exaggerated

-All the scopes have completely incorrect magnifications

-The sight adjustment (zeroing) ranges are incorrect

-Certain attachments have sweeping effects which make absolutely no sense (ie, muzzle compensator MASSIVELY improves Mosin accuracy?)

-Certain attachments don't make sense themselves (why is there a muzzle compensator on an old Mosin anyways?)

-Bullet damages are inconsistent (.45 does ~25% more than 5.56?)

Some of this is probably because they are focusing on more important fixes right now... but some of this clearly decisions made for "balancing" at the expense of realism.

At any rate, right now, in this current build, DayZ can't claim to have more realistic weapons than other games, which was something that used to be said a lot (lots of people posting stuff like "this isn't CoD, weapons have bullet drop and realistic behaviour") when people suggested "unrealistic" changes to weapons.

• Like 1

In that case, we don't need a rifle. All we need is a mossberg. There won't be any end-game gear, there won't be cool features, it would just be a dumb deathmatch with range of engagements within 60 meters. For that, I would just play COD or No room in hell. I play this game to be afraid of snipers, to look at treelines, to peek at a building 800m away scared for snipers. That's DayZ.

THAT.

The general feings of this game is unique. I cant feel safe anywhere. After i loot the place i just think to myself its time to GTFO And run to a place i can hide in. There might be a guy aiming at me right now with hes mosin.

^^^^^^

This is DayZ.

Edited by orrzxz
  • Like 1

In my opinion this issue should not have any priority at the current stage of development. There are a lot major bugs to fix and content to add. Lets just delay weapon balancing issues down the line. I personally cant understand the obcession. Get a mosin. It shoots pinpoint accurate til 500+ meters.

I had tried

A) posted numerous times on the forum

B ) posted on feedbacktracker

C) commented on feedback tracker and brought it up again

and no avail. Hopefully, this will do the trick.

You're not the only person who has posted about this.  Seeing as this is an alpha (I know, that's just an excuse right?  Well...a pretty valid excuse...) you may want to give the devs more than 6 days to fix what you feel is a number one top priority issue.

I realize that a lot of players want loot spawns fixed, want more loot, want weapons fixed, want zombies fixed, want everything fixed, want all the features from DayZ mod implemented ASAP but there is a lot of work that has to be done not just gameplay issues like these but a lot of stuff that's under the hood and behind the scenes and you can't expect all weapon tweaking to be done in a week because it's ruining your gameplay.

• Like 1

play dayZ mod 2017 apparently there was a rusty M4 but i never found it and truth be told it was probably in accurate as all get out but you would never have known because you never fired off the 3 round that took you a week to find ...