mark3236 (DayZ)

This is a really really bad ducking game

Exactly. 

Why buff something that is already the most common weapon in the game? 

Everyone can find one almost immediately. It doesn't need a buff unless they are willing to adjust the loot tables. 

Does not need to be done until the loot tables are balanced. 

Edited by dromag67
  • Like 1

You are correct in what you speak, however I do believe that there are other issues higher on their priority list.

Thanks for replying multiple times, it's at least better than getting connected to an outsourced support chat company when trying to get support in EA.

It's just that this is something really really easy to fix, but which is making gunfights really stupid. I've had a 5 minute gunfight with a bandit, using about 300 rounds of ammo (him too) at 180 meters.

In that case, we don't need a rifle. All we need is a mossberg. There won't be any end-game gear, there won't be cool features, it would just be a dumb deathmatch with range of engagements within 60 meters. For that, I would just play COD or No room in hell. I play this game to be afraid of snipers, to look at treelines, to peek at a building 800m away scared for snipers. That's DayZ.

No... that's Arma2 DayZ mod.

I like how you call it a deathmatch when you can't sit back 800m and snipe people.

Thanks for replying multiple times, it's at least better than getting connected to an outsourced support chat company when trying to get support in EA.

It's just that this is something really really easy to fix, but which is making gunfights really stupid. I've had a 5 minute gunfight with a bandit, using about 300 rounds of ammo (him too) at 180 meters.

I never even go through a 60 round mag in gunfight before its over and the two of you combined used 600 rounds? WTF

Exactly. 

Why buff something that is already the most common weapon in the game? 

Everyone can find one almost immediately. It doesn't need a buff unless they are willing to adjust the loot tables. 

Does not need to be done until the loot tables are balanced. 

The loot tables have been states they are going to change. It's only the most common right now. Not in the future. They most likely made it this common for testing purposes. 

The loot tables have been states they are going to change. It's only the most common right now. Not in the future. They most likely made it this common for testing purposes. 

Exactly, there are only FOUR guns in the game, and one isn't even spawning because of a glitch.

It might not be top priority but it obviously shouldnt be forgotten about .. weapon mechanics are what will make/break things.

Edited by thearkaneone

No... that's Arma2 DayZ mod.

I like how you call it a deathmatch when you can't sit back 800m and snipe people.

Correction: 200m. It is impossible to hit a target at 200m.

I never even go through a 60 round mag in gunfight before its over and the two of you combined used 600 rounds? WTF

we were both in cover, so only half of the body was visible. because of the horrid accuracy and the distance, yeah. That was retarded.

Kinda reminded me of the time when I was about 90m away from a bandit, went through a bunch of 100round mags, healed myself with a bandage and kept shooting until I ran out of ammo in WarZ. Good times.

It's been one week since Alpha release, the only thing we are really stress testing in regards to the M4 and Mosin are the attachment system. It's a fundamental change from previous engines, once they start balancing the loot THEN you can start balancing and adjusting accuracy/damage of the weapons. 

It's all about making a stable foundation for the future, that's the #1 priority. They can worry about the ancillary shit after that. 

Edited by dromag67

Correction: 200m. It is impossible to hit a target at 200m.

So... move up? Or ambush someone.

I get it, accuracy currently sucks. I like that it sucks. Realistic or not, I like it. (I'm not really a fan of things like the butt stock changing accuracy tho, that's a bit strange.)

I get it, accuracy currently sucks. I like that it sucks. Realistic or not, I like it.

I don't like it. If accuracy sucks, they need to give a GOOD reason for it (hey, old AKM with worn-out, rusty bore, and it actually says "rusty bore" or "worn out rifling" when inspecting), etc.

But higher end weapons in decent condition shouldn't have Revolutionary War accuracy.

How to balance these higher end weapons? Don't... make them damn rare. The M4 should be end-game, not starter, and it should be GOOD.

Therefore, the first shot I took was affected by..... the..... uh.......

*Facepalm*

If you're missing your first shot, there's something wrong with you.

If I was on the dev team I'd definitely not respond to this. You're basically saying (repeatedly) "You're probably going to act like complete pricks"... I and most other folks with half a grain of pride would respond to this assumption by acting in the way you expect.

Imagine how many questions, suggestions and opinions there are out there from the 400'000 players for the devs to deal with, add the fact that they're all winding down after working their arses off for a year.... and the fact that it's Christmas eve... And the fact that most people don't start off with an insult. ...And here you are you're expecting a result by telling them they've done a shit job, making a joke out of it a second later and then going back repeatedly to say you think they'll act like complete pricks and ban you for stating your opinion.

So... My advice, talk to people like they're cool and you'll get cool back, expect people to behave like negligent pricks and, surprise, surprise, you get negligent prick back... Strangers don't have time to go persuading other strangers that they're not pricks.

• Like 2

I'm sure it'll be addressed as the accuracy is undeniably off, but there's no point in releasing a patch to fix a single line of code which requires every server to be updated along with pushing it through steam. So the developers aren't going to instantly fix it,.

-snip-

It's always better to keep it chill.

I don't like it. If accuracy sucks, they need to give a GOOD reason for it (hey, old AKM with worn-out, rusty bore, and it actually says "rusty bore" or "worn out rifling" when inspecting), etc.

But higher end weapons in decent condition shouldn't have Revolutionary War accuracy.

How to balance these higher end weapons? Don't... make them damn rare. The M4 should be end-game, not starter, and it should be GOOD.

I look at it like these are the 3 weapons in the game, and they're pretty easy to find. These are placeholders, they're not what they appear to be. I think the majority of the firearms that make up the final dayz arsenal should be lacking in their accuracy. Sure, end game weapons when all is said and done should be better, but these are not "end game" weapons currently.

Edited by bad_mojo

*Facepalm*

If you're missing your first shot, there's something wrong with you.

Uh... Like I said, I did a single shot test. Do you even play this game?

The M4 was inconsistent, not me. It's not like I couldn't hit a zigzagging moving target at 500m. I couldn't hit a stationary object at 200m. That does NOT require skills, it only takes a left mouse click. Please try out the M4 before accusing me of a bad player.

Edited by mark3236

NOT REALLY. THIS IS A GAME WITH AWESOME POTENTIAL

*Title was a bait for the forum moderators/devs. Sorry about that.*

Dev/Moderators, now that I've got your attention, please hear me out for just a second.

three bullet point for the inpatient ones:

1. M4 accuracy is bad, no one is defending this right now.

2. Fix for this is a single float value fix.

3. Ban me if you want; graveyard this if you want; just please relay this suggestion to the devs. True, I already bought this game for me and my friend - from an EA's perspective, I'm dead meat and I generated revenue already, so you can just screw me over because I already threw money at you. But please have some decency to at least let my suggestion go through before getting banned.

M4 accuracy is really bad right now. I've tested with full health/full energy and hydration / pristine ACOG + pristine Bipod deployed / pristine rails / pristine flashlight / pristine buttstock M4 while prone and rested for 1 minute, hold right mouse and shot at a stationary building at about 90m. The spread was about the size of a window. "OH DID YOU ZERO YOUR WEAPON?", 1. I did, 2. I said [sPREAD]. Not drop, no bullet drop or consistent groupings.

IT HAD LOW PRECISION (google 'precision vs accuracy' if you don't know what I mean).

THE FIX FOR THIS IS A SINGLE LINE IN A SINGLE CPP FILE OR WHATEVER SOURCE FILE THE DEVS USE TO DEVELOP THIS GAME.

Game programming is a OOP(Objective-oriented-programming). There's no possibility that the tweak of the accuracy would bring other bugs along with it. It's just a single float value change. It would take such a short time to fix this.

I have posted this on feedback tracker. No one responded even though it had positive votes. Communication is really bad at this time. my post: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=871

Ban me from the forums? OK. I'm going to go away to serve in the army anyway in 2 months. I don't care. But just please relay this suggestion to someone relevant. Please don't do what WarZ did.

Please. Please don't do that. Of course, the more you guys screw it up, the higher possibility of me succeeding in the programming industry when I finish university and make my own game, but still. I'm a fan.

I had tried

A) posted numerous times on the forum

B ) posted on feedbacktracker

C) commented on feedback tracker and brought it up again

and no avail. Hopefully, this will do the trick.

This seems like a lot of unnecessary stuff for one tiny 'issue', like a guy said, why does it matter so much? Baring in mind we are meant to be civilians in the game, why would you want us to have military-like precision?

I've shot a zombie from a good 200-300 meters with missing maybe 2 bullets before I hit and i'm a pretty shit shot.

The gun itself is an m4 and I believe they're only really accurate up to like 400 meters or something. 

Either way, your comparison to arma is surely the wrong way to go about it, one game is a military simulator, this is a zombie survival game

• Like 2

Baring in mind we are meant to be civilians in the game, why would you want us to have military-like precision?

It's about the gun's accuracy, skill should be mostly up to the player... I don't need the game telling me "a few people say your character is supposed suck at aiming so I'll make your gun a dozen times less accurate to ensure you miss an appropriate amount of times".

• Like 2

It's about the gun's accuracy, skill should be mostly up to the player... I don't need the game telling me "a few people say your character is supposed suck at aiming so I'll make your gun a dozen times less accurate to ensure you miss an appropriate amount of times".

I agree, I'm not saying there should be some sort of script variable that means we are statistically more inaccurate. Just sayin' we are civilians and perhaps that is what they were going for.

Has anyone found out whether the gun itself looses accuracy when it degrades? There doesn't seem to be a damage variable on weapons only the interchangeable parts, MAYBE the OP has been using a rusty piece of garbage  

Please try out the M4 before accusing me of a bad player.

My point exactly.

Uh... Like I said, I did a single shot test. Do you even play this game?

The M4 was inconsistent, not me. It's not like I couldn't hit a zigzagging moving target at 500m. I couldn't hit a stationary object at 200m. That does NOT require skills, it only takes a left mouse click. Please try out the M4 before accusing me of a bad player.

You are way to much into this, Gews said in the other thread that there 225 files left that he hasn't checked and there probably many values that affect the dispersion since in the SA all kinds of attachments affect the value and it's possible that there even more values that have impact in the remaining files. 

About your "just CTRL+F" mentality ... since the system changed and added attachments and probably some more factors that would just fuck up everything they did, it isn't that simple. I'm a game developer myself and there so many factors someone like you can't see and obviously doesn't want to see.

http://www.twitch.tv/jadeezomg/c/3439521 that's around 400-500m the first shots only miss because I wasn't sure of the range(Z isn't facing me so the ACOG rangefinder is close to useless), you can't see the impacts but they are right on the line with the Z. That's with a fully pristine M4 with Magpul handguard. Anything standing <300 is usually first hit for me and none of my friends had experiences like you describe.

Now clam down. 

edit: more videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jadeezomg/c/3430701 two shot burst, instant kill

http://www.twitch.tv/jadeezomg/c/3430532 buddy is attack with fists, had to be carefull

http://www.twitch.tv/jadeezomg/c/3430499 from the first two, 1-2 hit he was bleeding very badly

http://www.twitch.tv/jadeezomg/c/3430444 down after the first two shots

all pretty short range, but all with 2-4 shots.

Edited by jadee

Can the hackers shoot straight at least?

JUST FIX the hacking issues now please and I'll use an ax in the meantime.

Edited by Highlander007

That's with a fully pristine M4 with Magpul handguard. Anything standing <300 is usually first hit for me and none of my friends had experiences like you describe.

I have been informed that Magpul handguard makes the gun basically a laser precision alien weapon, and without it, the gun becomes a Revolutionary War antique.

M4 accuracy is really bad right now. I've tested with full health/full energy and hydration / pristine ACOG + pristine Bipod deployed / pristine rails / pristine flashlight / pristine buttstock M4 while prone and rested for 1 minute, hold right mouse and shot at a stationary building at about 90m. The spread was about the size of a window. "OH DID YOU ZERO YOUR WEAPON?", 1. I did, 2. I said [sPREAD]. Not drop, no bullet drop or consistent groupings.

IT HAD LOW PRECISION (google 'precision vs accuracy' if you don't know what I mean).

MAYBE the OP has been using a rusty piece of garbage  

MAYBE you didn't read the OP.