johnymst

Is that going to be the real Dayz Standalone??

WTF is wrong with ye u lazy bast***

I mean I know that it's still alpha and stuff but like we can still glitch through a wall in the firestations ??
Cherno & elektro still lags?

I thought this was supposed to be on the new engine and ur selling arma 2 shite again which was free before?

You're obviously not making the game from scratch, just editing the free mod and making it "The Standalone"

I know, bugs in an alpha build! Who'd a thunk it?!

• Like 9

Game is not optimized at all yet & its an engine mix its early alpha they are working on game breaking bugs first...

I thought the big idea behind the great standalone was to make it from scratch??

WTF is wrong with ye u lazy bast***

Come back in one year in the Beta.

Read next time what you buy.

• Like 5

Come back in one year in the Beta.

Read next time what you buy.

First defender of the army raises...

U don't get my point...

I perfectly knew what I'm buying... I know that I paid for alpha and stuff BUT again, why re-writing from scratch had to include all these bugs?

It's obviously just copy and paste of the code and adding some more features in day by day... that's not a fresh start if you ask me!

So because you were to busy glitching through the fire station, you didn't see the new inventory menu, the new character animations, the new weapon mods, the new new buildings, the new areas, the new character models, the new character creation, the new fast joining a server without loading for 15 minutes or the new crafting system?

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 3

Well i see lots of changes..If they started from SCRATCH then obviously lots of this arent completed because they havent finished them yet...That's why zombies are walking thru walls and the game is badly optimized...What did you think starting fresh means? Boo We got bug-free greatly optimized game and now we can just add stuff?? That's what the ALPHA is all about..

• Like 1

U don't get my point...

I perfectly knew what I'm buying... I know that I paid for alpha and stuff BUT again, why re-writing from scratch had to include all these bugs?

It's obviously just copy and paste of the code and adding some more features in day by day... that's not a fresh start if you ask me!

By the statements you've made, you don't have a clue to what you bought into. Also have no idea of the differences between the Mod(Arma2) and SA engine and what has been done. May I suggest reading/playing more to educate yourself on those differences.

Edited by R.Neville

They never said they were starting from scratch. They have edited the ArmA 2 engine to better fit DayZ and added a load of extra features (and will continue to add more). At no point did Rocket say that they were going to remake the entire engine!

I perfectly knew what I'm buying... I know that I paid for alpha and stuff BUT again, why ...  all these bugs?

You don´t know what you bought.

You bought this.

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Haven´t seen something that looks not fresh.

• Like 1

All bad threads start with "I know it's alpha, but..." :rolleyes:

And worse responses begin with 'it's alpha'.

OMG. Get a life, if this makes you that angry u should get yourseld checked man.Even with several warnings about its Alpha state. The game even starts with  warning every f*cking time and still ppl get angry. If they started from scratch like building a complete new engine we wouldn't be playing now. Most games use a engine designed by others like the unreal engine. Just stop complaining or stop playing nobody forces you to play.

U don't get my point...

I perfectly knew what I'm buying... I know that I paid for alpha and stuff BUT I will ask stupid questions because the first half of this sentence was a lie.

Fixed.

• Like 1

What's this got to do with the DayZ Mod?  You do realise which forum this has been posted in?

All bad threads start with "I know it's alpha, but..." :rolleyes:

So it seems....

Anyway its alpha...so just wait for Beta or later to enjoy it

• Like 1

you do realise that alpha is pretty much a semi-working format for a game (like when you sand a wall back for a new coat of paint) it's the base, the bareness, the rawwwwwness it's not an actual game, when you hit beta (aka the undercoat of painting a wall :P) is generally when content and optimization comes into play (then when it's a final product the paint is lastly applied and that is how you paint a wall / make a game) 

Edited by twingunz

I thought the big idea behind the great standalone was to make it from scratch??

you thought wrong. they took Arma 2's engine and are heavily modifying it. of course, old bugs aren't going to get fixed unless they break the game. keep submitting bug reports