Nyz01

People over exaggerate KOS so much.

I really can't understand why there are so many people complaining about the level of KOS in the SA, the entire time I've been kos'ed about twice, out of 30 or so encounters. Maybe it's just the servers I play on, but I really think people are overstating the issue.

• Like 6

People buy a game that has weapons in it.... complain about being shot or bludgeoned..... yeah i don't get it either.

However we all know it's annoying and we want to whine but lets not stoop to their level and make threads whining about their whining.... a chain reaction of whining just aint good :P

• Like 2

People that complain about KOS are usually role-playing noobs.etc.

Those are this people who rolled on World of Warcraft PvP server becouse their friends played there or something and then come to forums complaining that they got ganked.

But DayZ has only PvP server... etc.

I hope you see my point.

• Like 2

Because we all want DayZ to be a game where you have to work with other players in order to survive, not just shoot them 

• Like 3

I agree :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :beans:

Who is more foolish, the fool who complains about being killed on sight, or the fool who complains about the fool for complaining about being killed on sight?

What I am trying to say is; do we need another topic?

• Like 1

oh, cuz u dont see the problem means it must not exist..

cool logic Bro..

Dunno if you read my post , but I DID say I have been KOS'ed a few times.

Edit : another KOS thread ... whoops.

Agreed that we've got to many of these.

Edited by Nyz01
  • Like 1

Because we all want DayZ to be a game where you have to work with other players in order to survive, not just shoot them

I think that isn't supposed to be forced upon players though. I like the idea of some co-op, but some people just take carebearing to a new level..

People buy a game that has weapons in it.... complain about being shot or bludgeoned..... yeah i don't get it either.

However we all know it's annoying and we want to whine but lets not stoop to their level and make threads whining about their whining.... a chain reaction of whining just aint good :P

Yo Dawg I heard you like whining threads so I put this whine in a thread whining about KoS whining. 

I am sorry, I will stop now. 

• Like 1

Make guns and ammo more rare. Make them so treasured that people don't just want to run to the coast and kill everything as soon as you get one.

Edited by Verex11
  • Like 2

Those are this people who rolled on World of Warcraft PvP server becouse their friends played there or something and then come to forums complaining that they got ganked.

I hope you see my point.

Not sure why you put all roleplayers in the noob category, thats a little ignorant and narrow-minded don't you think?

• Like 3

Make guns and ammo more rare. Make them so treasured that people don't just want to run to the coast and kill everything as soon as you get one.

Axemurderparty, anyone? Doesn't fix. Just makes it more of a challenge.

Who is more foolish, the fool who complains about being killed on sight, or the fool who complains about the fool for complaining about being killed on sight?

What I am trying to say is; do we need another topic?

Doesn't this make you the fool complaining about the fool complaining about the fool? xD... And now im the fool complaining about.... etc... xD

On a serious note though, I'm not sure if this topic deserve another thread entirely, but I kind of agree with the OP's point in that I've experienced a diverse amount of player interaction so far (not just KoS). Let's be honest too, if there was no threat of KoS, then that would make this game a whole lot more dull. The reason that player interaction gets your adrenaline pumping so hard is because of the very real threat that they might "kill you on sight".

I would actually have to agree a little. I haven't been player killed yet... *touch wood*

0.o DERPY! Where did you spring from and where is your blue name gone? :(

• Like 1

Doesn't this make you the fool complaining about the fool complaining about the fool? xD... And now im the fool complaining about.... etc... xD

Foolception :O

Axemurderparty, anyone? Doesn't fix. Just makes it more of a challenge.

Yes it would fix alot. People would stop "farming" other players, but use their guns only in dangerous situations or when they are sure that the other guy has guns or ammo so their bullets won't waste

Edited by Gdaddy22

I agree.  Only been attacked once by a guy with an ax.  I have Seen people in the distance with guns and avoided them.   People with guns have come to me and didn't shoot me.  

I had a gun and saw a guy with a gun.  We didn't shoot each other, but sadly some ax guy ambushed him.  So I killed the ax guy.

KoS seems less prominent than the mod, due to the new inventory/robbing system.

Seems good to me  :thumbsup:

I would actually have to agree a little. I haven't been player killed yet... *touch wood*

The expression is "knock on wood" .... Pervert.   :P

• Like 2

I agree.  Only been attacked once by a guy with an ax.  I have Seen people in the distance with guns and avoided them.   People with guns have come to me and didn't shoot me.  

I had a gun and saw a guy with a gun.  We didn't shoot each other, but sadly some ax guy ambushed him.  So I killed the ax guy.

KoS seems less prominent than the mod, due to the new inventory/robbing system.

Seems good to me  :thumbsup:

It's probably because they are new to the new standalone system, when they will get bored which will happen really fast since the game is too easy, they will start KoS

Adapt or survive. I kill everyone who is not one of my friends because nobody can be trusted. There is no way that anything is going to change my reasoning for this. I would rather spend a couple of rounds to kill a player than to trust them and end up losing all of my gear when they decide to kill me.

I hope you see my point.

Im sorry you mean roleplaying is for noobs? I enjoy some RP now and then.. That make me a noob?