Sign in to follow this  
prix

Suggestion for us non bandits.

I don't know if this has been suggested earlier or what not.

And maybe in the full game this wont be an issue. But for a non bandit like myself, I want a way too take down my opponent without killing them. As it is now, I could shoot them unconscious, but that is the same as dead atm, and even when game is complete its a thin line betwean shoting someone unconscious and dead.

So now for the suggestion... What about rubber bullets? Something that would make your opponent fall unconscious after X number of hits with in X number of secounds. For example 3 rubber bullet hits within 1 secound would down my target unconscious. Wich makes me able to cuff him and interrogate him, and if there is no other option... Execute him.

• Like 5

Well atm if that was implemented there is still one key issue. Combat logging and that's all I will say.

Edited by FoamNinja

I very much support this idea. Holding up armed survivors is a challenge, especially when there are more than one of them.

The best way to win a fight is not to engage in one. Most of the time, people run around in the open like chickens with their heads cut off. A survivor is someone who knows how to scout out what's ahead and get In and out without anyone the wiser.

If you are attacked and must fight, then you do everything you can to kill them. There's no point in being a pansy ass about that, after all, this isn't tennis.

So, if you prefer to not kill, be stealthy and smart.

• Like 2

Well atm if that was implemented there is still one key issue. Combat logging and that's ill I will say.

Wasnt there some patch note about loggin off when unconscious or in cuffs will kill your character?

Maybe I dreamed this :P

Wasnt there some patch note about loggin off when unconscious or in cuffs will kill your character?

Maybe I dreamed this :P

I've had experiences where unconcious folks log out, sure they die and all, but their bodies seem to disappear on logout anyway.

The best way to win a fight is not to engage in one. Most of the time, people run around in the open like chickens with their heads cut off. A survivor is someone who knows how to scout out what's ahead and get In and out without anyone the wiser.

If you are attacked and must fight, then you do everything you can to kill them. There's no point in being a pansy ass about that, after all, this isn't tennis.

Spoken like a true bandit.

• Like 1

Currently you can hold people at gunpoint and force them to eat rotten food. If you intend to leave someone alive, making them sick ensures they have more immediate concerns than following you and putting an axe in your back. 

If this was implemented, I hope it takes more than one bullet, as it could be abused to easily incapacitate someone, so they can then easily kill them.

A head shot is a 1 shot kill, but not everyone is that good

A single rubber bullet centre mass knocks someone out, then they run up and shoots them.

I agree with a non-lethal kill approach, but let's make it require skill and make it short ranged.

I have tried holding up 2 people, as soon as I hold them up, they've logged out within 5 seconds. So a non-lethal take down gets my vote.

Also combat logging, an injured body or someone with gun fire around them, should leave a

body behind

Edited by -seraphine-

Also to add to this mentality it was mentioned that tear gas would be added, so there is another method for capture that could be fun for use on capturing groups or flushing them out of buildings.

• Like 1

Yeah... If this had Call of Duty controls then maybe... But this has Arma controls.  IE: Everything is slow, everything is sluggish, laying down means you can't do anything for a few seconds, standing up means you can't do anything...

And don't even give me that "realism" bullshiz... I can flop down on the ground without putting my gun away.  I can stand up without putting my gun away... I can climb a ladder without putting my damn gun away.  If this were realistic I could take my gun and load a round in the chamber without a magazine... I could jump five feet and not break my legs... I could go more than five minutes without needing to eat and drink... All of the controls and mechanisms on this Bohemian Interactive engine are ridiculously clumsy... So "being stealthy" is not always and option and when it is, it is an awful, broken, clumsy mess.

Especially since even being in crouch and holding shift, you still sound like you are stomping wood floor in tap shoes.

Edited by i_push_buttons

I think its quite good idea. Maybe some people wont use it but it would be great to have such option to paralyze and others

Every single bandit will use it to troll people and knock them out over and over while they are striped naked, handcuffed and force fed with oxi clean.

Rubber bullets from what?

They don't make rubber bullets for high-velocity rifles for obvious reasons. You'd have to use a shotgun. Even then, you'd only have a chance of knocking someone out with a direct headshot from very close range.

Rubber bullets from what?

They don't make rubber bullets for high-velocity rifles for obvious reasons. You'd have to use a shotgun. Even then, you'd only have a chance of knocking someone out with a direct headshot from very close range.

Well you can't bandage two shot to the chest from a M4A1 in real life either. But in game you can. 

It could tie into the stamina system once it gets developed, for example a rubber bullet (or any round stopped by body armor) would still drain your stamina, maybe as much

that you drop to the ground unable to move, but not necessarily unconscious.

Well with all these gas masks, and i even found a respirator lying around, what are the chances o CS or tear gas making an appearance? Hell its ex soviet block, so why not what ever was used in the Moscow hostage crisis... that knock out gas... well mostly knock out gas.