Dayzryan

Should they bring back General chat?

I think its great that they are adding radios, just like ACRE mod. I hope they add the details too, as in Channel frequency and range/power in and out of cars.

Finally, i was going through the post and all i could think of was "Don't these people know about ACRE?" Implementing an ACRE kind of system into SA would take it to a whole new level.

But to answer OPs question, absolutely no, in any case whatsoever! I like it how it is now, brings immersion and depth into the game, the one which was long gone in the mod.

Playing the mod actually felt like a multiplayer game because you could read messages and communicate with other players on the server, so it didn't feel so lonely. Being able to talk whilst you play is much more fun, especially when your friends cant play. 

What do you guys think?

I cant wait to see that blue chat back.

Player1: Friendly?

Player1 has died

Player2: Any friendly in cherno?

Player2 has died

Player3: Anyone at NW Airfield?

Player3 has died

That's about the only thing I miss from global chat and death messages.

• Like 2

just... no.

no..no... nononononono NO! :)

for chatting and stuff u should not play dayz. this is zombi apocalyps survival not pricess barbie wonderland^^

I like how you guys and girls all advocate isolation and loneliness in a multiplayer game...

I like global/side.

I want it back, if only for private hives. The option to disable it client side is the ideal solution.

Global gives the ability to mold friendships, create alliances and enemies within a community. On Public hives this is terrible, on private hives it is to me, invaluable.

Edited by DMZ_Sniper

no offence just a fact... maybe u should read exactly what kind a game dayz is and is going to be.

i think nobody is enjoing the loneliness but your global barbie wonderland chatting entertainment is 1000000000000000 mile away from the concept dayz.

God no...some players text-spam, or insult in global when theyre kill or kill someone...
Thats why we have radios now...

Edited by XjoseX

Anyone in Cherno..Anyone in Elektro..Why did you shoot me? I HAD NO GEAR !!! ..fag..cockbiter..FUCKING FAGGOT!! .. fag fag fag fag..

Hello there

I liked global.

Hearing Hestaine rant is fun.

But it should be Turn off and onable IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

when I am move around do my thing I don't want to listen or see magic conversation happen with 2 guys on opposite end of map >:(

if you want to meet communicate etc use 3rd party com like teamspeak/Skype ;)

every server I play with side chat have strange atmosphere not like true dayz :huh:

I try ignore but is make me distract seeing always block of text in corner

90% of conversation is troll bullshit and 9 % is rage and maybe 1% genuine true chat for good guys try to make plan for meet

is like take big shit onto immersion for all guys :|

• Like 1

Playing the mod actually felt like a multiplayer game because you could read messages and communicate with other players on the server, so it didn't feel so lonely. Being able to talk whilst you play is much more fun, especially when your friends cant play. 

What do you guys think?

yes

I think this is one of the reasons why KoS is slightly down in the SA right now. The loneliness, people get bored and dont want to kill the next person they see they want to talk about the game and shit.

I like the idea of picking up a walkie talkie or maybe finding a random CB radio in a house and then communicating with some other totally random player that has found another walkie talkie or CB radio.

I mean that is likely yo happen.

Yeah, seriously. screw global chat.

"Oh hey, I just died. I will just type on chat in what way I fucked his mom and remind him of how a fucktard, faggot, and pussy he is. Oh, and I forgot he sucks! Oh, why am I forgetting this, of course I will tell EVERYONE where I died and hype all of them saying that I had endgame gear so that they can kill my killer."

I prefer radios. Maybe you would browse the frequencies and find out if you can get in contact with somebody? Maybe even lay a trap to an unsuspecting person! > :D

Edited by AntonioAJC

If it's a private hive by all means do what you want. However no way in public.

I enjoyed the general chat. Wasn't realistic, but it was fun.

• Like 1

No. They should add more communication options like two-way radios, more complicated hand signals, and better ways to identify teammates like badges sewn on to backpacks but "general chat" doesn't belong in DayZ. The sense of isolation and loneliness is a big part of the new player experience and overcoming it by finding other people and communicating with them is a big part of your "progression" in the game.

General chat in the mod was a nightmare. It was 33% people whining and complaining about dying, 33% people asking how to fix broken legs, and 33% people offering free "help" if you meet up with them, and then "trolololing" when they actually turn out to be murderers.

Pass.

^ Pretty much this. I was so glad to see general chat gone in the standalone.

No please no! Global chat is bad idea and its not real radios are much better.

nope :rolleyes:

nope :huh:

nope :|

NOPE!!! >:(

Should they bring back General chat?

Only with option to disable it.

Excellent idea.