lev

Third person view removal from SA discussion

I think they have plans to allow servers a "Hardcore" mode for game play that will only allow first person as well as no cross hairs. Just keep your head up and they will deliver i am sure of it.

3rd person rocks! 

Games like stalker were ruined for me by lack of 3rd person. Constantly getting all this good new gear, with no way to acctually see it on my toon. Its not cheating if everyone has it, its a tool. Poeple can choose not to use that tool, but they shouldnt cry when someone using it bests them, as the option for them to use t was always there ;)

Because a vast majority of people who played the mod use it. If you want a standalone to be as successful you don't get rid of something used by the vast majority.

Where are you seeing that this is all about realism, btw? I think Rocket described it as aiming for an "authentic" feel. You want realism? Then start questioning why we can gorge ourselves on water and sprint miles on end while eating unhealthy food along the way.

If you want to be upset about one aspect of "realism" then you've got a laundry list of things to discuss.

I'm sure first person servers will come to at some point.

Edited by Diggydug

3rd person rocks! 

Games like stalker were ruined for me by lack of 3rd person. Constantly getting all this good new gear, with no way to acctually see it on my toon. Its not cheating if everyone has it, its a tool. Poeple can choose not to use that tool, but they shouldnt cry when someone using it bests them, as the option for them to use t was always there ;)

you inow you can see all your gear except the one thats on your head on fps mode too

Basically otherwise the noobs wouldn't play this game. First person only should be forced on every server. The bullshit 3p looking round corners and glitching camera through walls to see outside buildings is fucking pathetic.

• Like 3

I just feel that if the game is about being as much realistic as possible there should be only 1st person view....

third person view feels like cheating.. you have a vision advantage over the ones who play 1st person, you can see over short walls ETC.

Either they remove it or make it like servers with 1st person ONLY or its gonna be utter BS in my opinion...

How often do you run and ADS a 40 pound sniper rifle? Not realistic.

How often do you run and ADS a 40 pound sniper rifle? Not realistic.

Are you joking me? None of the guns in the game weigh that much and if you're talking about the .50 CALs, well they'll never be added...

3rd person rocks! 

Here is a perfect example of the type of person that uses this kind of "tool". Note the poor grammar and general lack of intelligence. Seriously, 'toon'? Go play WoW or something.

Edited by realitycompl3x

Removing 3rd person will cause more realistic PvP and fair fights, but we need to improve the game sounds (footsteps, doors and even gunfires).

• Like 1

Hell ow,

Never go full retard.

30 minutes ago I was driving from my job, and I was thinking hard about 1st vs 3rd person view in DayZ. In one moment, I closed my right eye and tried to drive. It is unnecessary to say what happened to me, but If I had crosshair on my left eye, that would happened I am sure!

So ...

1st person view is great, adds a lot of immersion to the game, but it is not good to play it without crosshair. Your crosshair in game is actually your second eye. So if devs are going to give us separate server hive, I am going to play it again, but I hope they will leave crosshair in the game asswell. Crosshair can be removed, when there will be 3D picture w/ glasses or something like that, then 3rd person view will never be needed again.

- MM

Here is a perfect example of the type of person that uses this kind of "tool". Note the poor grammar and general lack of intelligence. Seriously, 'toon'? Go play WoW or something.

Hahahah sorry if using shorthand denotes a lack of inteligence on my part. Didnt think my grammer was too bad tho. How about a counter point to my argument as apposed to pulling appart the phonetics of my post?? no....thats because my argument is sound ;)

Wow this thread still going omg it is alpher your first person servers are not up yet give it time shut up and wait simple :)

Hahahah sorry if using shorthand denotes a lack of inteligence on my part. Didnt think my grammer was too bad tho. How about a counter point to my argument as apposed to pulling appart the phonetics of my post?? no....thats because my argument is sound ;)

"inteligence" "grammer" "appart" ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I'm cheating because everyone else is cheating is not a good argument. By the way, you used the word phonetics improperly in that post.

Edited by realitycompl3x
  • Like 1

Hell ow,

I believe a lot of people are trying hard to post "readable" posts, because their native language is not English. And try to avoid insulting others.

- MM

retards calling 3rd person a cheat never gets old nearly as good as a KOS thread :lol:

Tbh I never thought of myself as 'less skilled' because I use 3rd person seeing as I use to think it was standard. the FOV is no bigger, although I suppose seeing over walls is an advantage. But then again people that stay in 1st person during an engagement, gimping themselves out of principal, just seems foolish imo.

Either way I think 3rd person should stay because I believe its just a preference rather than a skill balancer.  

"inteligence" "grammer" "appart" ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I'm cheating because everyone else is cheating is not a good argument. By the way, you used the word phonetics improperly in that post.

Its not a cheat...give us a resonable argument as to why its a cheat. A cheat is something that gives you an advantage....you could also look over the wall im hiding behind, so i have no advantage. I could question your inteligence for running round a corner you havent checked when the option is openly there for you to use ;) 

You do know you can admire your “toon” all you want in the inventory screen…

If you cannot appreciate how unbalanced 3rd person makes the game and how much more fun can be had in 1st person, then I think you really need to re-read the entire thread and also watch the youtube video which eloquently explains the pro’s and cons.

As somebody mentioned in a previous page, Rocket needs to make design decisions which will upset some people if he truly wishes to make a hardcore zombie survival game. Time will tell if he really will make the game he wants, or if he’s chasing the dollar with the general consensus.

Its not a cheat...give us a resonable argument as to why its a cheat. A cheat is something that gives you an advantage....you could also look over the wall im hiding behind, so i have no advantage. I could question your inteligence for running round a corner you havent checked when the option is openly there for you to use ;)

No. In first person you have to be MUCH more careful. You have to peak around corners and even then you're risking something. You're not just seeing over a 2m fence and know exactly what's going on.

It's fucking bullshit so stop trying to justify it. If you can't play in first person you just fucking suck.

• Like 1

No. In first person you have to be MUCH more careful. You have to peak around corners and even then you're risking something. You're not just seeing over a 2m fence and know exactly what's going on.

It's fucking bullshit so stop trying to justify it. If you can't play in first person you just fucking suck.

im not saying i dont like 1st person, i use it for firefights and stuff. But i love 3rd for scouting and when im just running around unpopulated areas. Alll i want is one of these 3rd person haters to give me a solid argument as to why its CHEATING. Its just point blank not cheating if the option is there for everyone to use.

And unbalanced??? If someone is too stubborn to use 3rd and will only use 1st, thats there CHOICE. they are choosing to put themselfs at a disadvantage when they could easily hit 1 key and be completly balanced with the person they fighting against.

Edited by Karmaterror

You are right it's not a cheat. You are not breaking any rules by using 3rd person so my argument as 3rd person being a cheat indeed fails. However I can say it's cheap.  It takes away the potential of immersion. It's too easy to sit up on a roof or behind a tree and wait for people. I've spent months playing the mod doing this and wrecking people all day. Eventually, it gets boring and I always long for that intense first person experience. How many times have you been chasing someone only to end up in a stand off with a wall between the two of you? So many times I've been in that silly situation just staring at my enemy asking, "What is next?". It's mundane and predictable. It gives you too much control of the situation. And really is that fun?

Edited by realitycompl3x

If all my friends want to play TP + FP, I'll join them. Right now we have ONLY TP + FP servers. Adding FP only servers would not change ANYTHING to the worse, it would give me the opportunity and more choices to at least play FP if there are no friends to play with or if all my friends WANT to play FP. More choices is a good thing.

Somehow nerfing third person would not change a thing in principle, this would still mean a compromise is made. Instead of the compromise that I and my friends will switch between TP + FP and FP only every now and then the compromise would be a nerfed TP view, which I'm sure my friends who like TP the way it currently is would also not be happy with.

Its just a fact, people have different tastes and you can't make a solution that makes everyone play on the same server and is still fair and not some kind of a compromise.

Add TP only and TP + FP servers and thats it. You are wrong if you think somehow nerfing TP view so its "fair" to play with FP views isn't a compromise for the people that currently like TP the way it is.

Sure. Game designers should consider different type of players' need, but these needs should not have a higher priority than gameplay itself.

If something creates unbalance and exploitation, it should be changed. BTW, I wouldn't use the word "nerf". Are you calling "moving the TP camera closer so that player can't see around corners or ledge" a nerf? It's an anti-exploitation.

Anyways, I believe both sides had stated enough arguments. Let's see what the devs decide.

You are right it's not a cheat. You are not breaking any rules by using 3rd person so my argument as 3rd person being a cheat indeed fails. However I can say it's cheap.  It takes away the potential of immersion. It's too easy to sit up on a roof or behind a tree and wait for people. I've spent months playing the mod doing this and wrecking people all day. Eventually, it gets boring and I always long for that intense first person experience. How many times have you been chasing someone only to end up in a stand off with a wall between the two of you? So many times I've been in that silly situation just staring at my enemy asking, "What is next?". It's mundane and predictable. It gives you too much control of the situation. And really is that fun?

If you want an intense 1st person experiance then there is nothing stopping you from hitting that button and getting it. By removing it you take that choice away from the player and restrict the ways the game can be played. At least you can admit its not a cheat and if more people begin to see it as the tool it is then i think less would complain. Ok so its a "cheap" move. Every game has these moves aka rocket nabs on games like BF. Its cheap but you could respawn with an rpg and play that game right back at them. Same goes for 3rd in Dayz. 

I just feel id loose a lot from dayz (and not tactical advantages) if it was removed. No more admiring my gear on that 3k run. No more epic screenshots. Also whats the point of us bleding from where we got shot from if we carnt see it. 

Il always defend 3rd person, because IMO it adds a lot to the game ;)