Matej (DayZ)

Easter Eggs? Aliens? Mysteries? [Official]

Different voice, and clearly different language though. But she is obviously reciting coordinates. 

• Like 1

It'd be awesome to have random transmissions like the one in the video. Maybe do random ones throughout the game at random times (every couple weeks or months) where it kind of gives us hints on what may have happened to cause the world's end. Even creepy transmissions from NPC survivors.

• Like 1

It'd be awesome to have random transmissions like the one in the video. Maybe do random ones throughout the game at random times (every couple weeks or months) where it kind of gives us hints on what may have happened to cause the world's end. Even creepy transmissions from NPC survivors.

Would be cool indeed. Anyhow that's stuff we can investigate on! :)

• Like 1

I am currently JUST outside of electro, and I have a transmitter.

I will log in shortly and confirm this.

I am currently JUST outside of electro, and I have a transmitter.

I will log in shortly and confirm this.

Frequency 87.8!!!!

Update:

Logged in. Attached fully charged 9v to my transmitter (worn condition, so SHOULD be working). Tuned to 87.8, turned it on, and switched from direct channel to 87.8 chatbar.

Nothing. Walked through elecktro, starting at sniper hill, passing the power plant, through the city proper, then out and onto opposite hill. Received no transmissions, stopped three times on the way to scan all frequencies. Nothing.

OP, where EXACTLY were you when you received the transmission?

EDIT: wasn't on the same server, but if this is an actual IN GAME easter egg, one would think it would not be server specific.

Edited by Crazykage
  • Like 1

87.8?

8 + 7 + 8 = 23

The number 23!!! Conspiracy!

Update:

Logged in. Attached fully charged 9v to my transmitter (worn condition, so SHOULD be working). Tuned to 87.8, turned it on, and switched from direct channel to 87.8 chatbar.

Nothing. Walked through elecktro, starting at sniper hill, passing the power plant, through the city proper, then out and onto opposite hill. Received no transmissions, stopped three times on the way to scan all frequencies. Nothing.

OP, where EXACTLY were you when you received the transmission?

EDIT: wasn't on the same server, but if this is an actual IN GAME easter egg, one would think it would not be server specific.

But what if this is time related? Like the green mountain transmission, it only broadcasts at night ( i think)

Yah try a night server or just go to the same server I was on. Only one way to tell whether its in game or player. 

Server: DayZ Night Bitch

Edited by VictorM

couldn't find that server in the browser. Was on a night server. Got back on, and did another scan of electro. Got killed at the power plant fire station.

EDIT: Oh, and I also didn't hear anything on the radio, once again.

EDIT EDIT: Im normally not one to bitch about KOS, but this one kinda irritates me. I was trying to investigate shit. Thanks, whoever you are. Gear loss is gear loss. But now it is impossible for me to continue to check into this thing. Ive been running around the countryside all week, and haven't seen a single person. Was hoping to find something to DO. Thought I had, but you killed me. And there wasn't even that glorious sense of fear, shock, and the adrenaline rush to go along with it.

Just *bang bang.....bangbangbangbangbang. followed by a deep sense of disappointment.

In retrospect, to make matters worse, I am FAIRLY certain (95%) the killer was using the gamma or some other visibility exploit to see better. Because that server was PITCH black for me. Could barely make out the horizon well enough to move around.

Edited by Crazykage

Going to check this out for myself when I get home.  Have a pair of transmitters I will toy with.  Pass one of them off to my clanmates. Would love to see, err, hear something. 

@Crazykage yeah, that does suck bud.  Thing that really sucks, I'm sure a good majority of players use the gamma trick/exploit to get themselves through the night.  Been killed in the same manner as you.. just knowing that if I could not see a damn thing infront of my eyes without a torch, no one else should be able to as well.. Unless, you know.  Whatever tho.  To each their own.  You feel good about using exploits to "better" your game, Good luck with that..

It is the Gr#$% M*&¨@$&@

No one shall speak it's name, or will be cursed forever!

BAD memories from the mod. BAD, BAD memories.

Everyone's ALREADY been holding their own numbers stations. This wouldn't surprise me if I came across it.

Fact of the matter is, SOMEONE or SOMETHING knew I was getting close. IT or THEY silenced me to protect something, but WHAT?

• Like 2

It is the Gr#$% M*&¨@$&@

No one shall speak it's name, or will be cursed forever!

BAD memories from the mod. BAD, BAD memories.

^^ Pretty much this.. First time i ever went to G____ M_______, and heard that transmission in the mod, during the night at that.. it freaked me out.  That place, yes.. THAT PLACE is fuk'd up!  Even in the Standalone, I just get creeped out going there. 

Edited by Antykain

Sounds creepy and cool ill have to go up again and visit it when im around.

I was hoping, secretly, that they may have added some Black Ops 2 style easter eggs into this.

Perhaps they did and this is the first clue.

Black ops 2? Why in hell.....no. Just no.

Sounds like UVB-76, which is actually speculated to be located between Zelenograd and Solnechnogorsk

Edited by RaptorJesuss

No doubt, and it worked, and it is really cool. I hope they add high power wide band radios that can transmit to the entire map eventually. 

I hope they don't, people will just end up spamming the channels.

So...whoa...if I wasnt already kinda freaked playing on a night server all of a sudden I hear this eerie radio transmission come over my walkie talkie. It was like this alarm with static in the background and some woman speaking in russian. It was seriously creepy. It kept repeating over and over again with a few pauses in between. It went silent after a while. 

In any case it was on the "DayZ nightime Bitches" server around Electro on 87.8. Maybe someone can pick it up that knows how to record video. 

I was playing and something rather similar happened. Only it was a person i found, i haven't gotten a transmitter to work yet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0peeLEoI5UJTldqdlhlaFZSZ1U/edit?usp=sharing

When i looked in the bush they had disappeared. 

......its 143am and im tired ..... why did i find this thread .... oh well .. i dont need sleep ... jury duty at 8am tomorrow ... fml

• Like 2

i heard a BIG explosion outside electro i don´t know what is was...