rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

I'm not saying necessarily that we increase any other loot spawns' date=' but I do think trash loot is a waste of time for the player and a waste in resources both server and client side.

[/quote']

au contraire mon ami. Z likes trash loot for it's interesting sounds.

Glad to see the broken leg's constantly got some loving

(Today 01:11 PM)rocket Wrote: * [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage' date=' reduced amount of leg damage)

This will kill my dream of being a morphine peddler.

[/quote']

Hahaha I just realised i had kind of been doing this, since the leg breaking became so common i have been stockpiling morphine and giving one to every friendly survivor i come across. I must have subconsciously been thinking i could get them all hooked and not just being a nice guy.

Made me think though, maybe you could get addicted to morphine if you used it too often ....

"- You cannot physically open your bag unless you are looking at loot or some other storage unit. It merely displays the contents in the list. This is annoying if you need to know how much space is there."

No because if you look at the top left bag list it tells u say 4/24 or 0/24 etc :D so you do know if its got space or not.

_____

I don't understand how people are having so much trouble with broken bones from zombies. I've had my legs broken once from zombie attack - but I was being wailed on by 3 at once so it kind of made sense to me.

Not sure what I'm doing differently that's keeping me from having the same too many broken bones that so many others seem to have.

______

At this point, I'm not sure if the leg breaking issue is due to zombie damage, or a problem with the leg break code itself.

Saw this comic recently and I literally laughed out loud, this has happened to me WAY too many times:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0vGmgptH7yc/T-VXANTfjMI/AAAAAAAAAZA/sOswHisnPJw/s1600/fall_damage.png

Not sure if its related to the invisible nails sticking up out of the house floors, but some houses I can NOT crawl through without springing constant leaks and needing to bandage.

"- You cannot physically open your bag unless you are looking at loot or some other storage unit. It merely displays the contents in the list. This is annoying if you need to know how much space is there."

It tells you above the list of items exactly how many slots are free, e.g. 8/12 slots used...

Has anyone mentioned that doghouse loot spawns are bugged, would love to see them fixed because it has broken my heart too many times. Thanks!

Not sure if its related to the invisible nails sticking up out of the house floors' date=' but some houses I can NOT crawl through without springing constant leaks and needing to bandage.

[/quote']

I reckon it's generally not safe to crawl in any building and i think it has always been that way. Crawling near stairs?!!? Are you mad, that's suicide!!

_____

I don't understand how people are having so much trouble with broken bones from zombies. I've had my legs broken once from zombie attack - but I was being wailed on by 3 at once so it kind of made sense to me.

Not sure what I'm doing differently that's keeping me from having the same too many broken bones that so many others seem to have.

______

At this point' date=' I'm not sure if the leg breaking issue is due to zombie damage, or a problem with the leg break code itself.

Saw this comic recently and I literally laughed out loud, this has happened to me WAY too many times:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0vGmgptH7yc/T-VXANTfjMI/AAAAAAAAAZA/sOswHisnPJw/s1600/fall_damage.png

Not sure if its related to the invisible nails sticking up out of the house floors, but some houses I can NOT crawl through without springing constant leaks and needing to bandage.

[/quote']

Its would be safer to crawl over rock formations than to try to crawl in buildings and near stairs, lol!

I hope this games doesn't turns into noob friendly because of crying players.

How do ppl manages to break their bones because of zeds attacks?

1) Being attacked and HIT by a zed should be a VERY RARE event, normally you would have end to be infected at the first bite (and reasonable die because of it) .. you should NEVER let a zed hit you (coming near enough and let hit the time to attack you). Ppl are playing this game like zeds are some insignificant annoyance between the PvP.. no men: you should be scared of zeds, you should die by the zeds attacks if you aren't good enough to not stay away! In other words you should walk miles away from zeds, unless you FORCED to take the risk.. and force means: you're going to die, and you absolutely need that item (food, medicine).

2) I never managed to have a broken bone... why? Coz zeds cannot break your legs if you lay down. But no ppl pretend to run and gun and then they come here to whine "it's too hard".

The only reason to justify this "noobification" is because DayZ will become a commercial product.. and so it needs to sell copies = being noob friendly.

^i agree with you about the way people seem to be thinking of zeds as an annoyance. people remember, there "infected", so they should be able to fuck your day up.

I honestly think' date=' particularly since players are starting without weapons, now, that trash loot needs to go.

The players per server average is going to rise, plus new players will have no weapons, thus increasing demand for resources. Trash loot may be nice from an aesthetic standpoint, but it serves little purpose than to annoy, and to lag the server cleaning it up. And with the incoming increased demand for resources, the average player wouldn't get much more than he would if there was trash loot.

I'm not saying necessarily that we increase any other loot spawns, but I do think trash loot is a waste of time for the player and a waste in resources both server and client side.

[/quote']

So you're saying, when the zombie apocolypse happens, you expect you'll be able to wander into any town and fill up all your bags with food, drink, and various supplies, tools and weapons regardless of how many people raided the place before you? Good luck with that.

The way some people think about how thi9ngs should work in this mod is just amazing really.

Has anyone mentioned that doghouse loot spawns are bugged' date=' would love to see them fixed because it has broken my heart too many times. Thanks!

[/quote']

I'm glad you mentioned that. I was wondering if there was supposed to actually be loot in the dog houses or not. I noticed they were listed as lootable buildings on various databases but have never seen loot in them myself.

I hope this games doesn't turns into noob friendly because of crying players.

How do ppl manages to break their bones because of zeds attacks?

1) Being attacked and HIT by a zed should be a VERY RARE event' date=' normally you would have end to be infected at the first bite (and reasonable die because of it) .. you should NEVER let a zed hit you (coming near enough and let hit the time to attack you). Ppl are playing this game like zeds are some insignificant annoyance between the PvP.. no men: you should be scared of zeds, you should die by the zeds attacks if you aren't good enough to not stay away! In other words you should walk miles away from zeds, unless you FORCED to take the risk.. and force means: you're going to die, and you absolutely need that item (food, medicine).

2) I never managed to have a broken bone... why? Coz zeds cannot break your legs if you lay down. But no ppl pretend to run and gun and then they come here to whine "it's too hard".

The only reason to justify this "noobification" is because DayZ will become a commercial product.. and so it needs to sell copies = being noob friendly.

[/quote']

Totally agree.

So you're saying' date=' when the zombie apocolypse happens, you expect you'll be able to wander into any town and fill up all your bags with food, drink, and various supplies, tools and weapons regardless of how many people raided the place before you? Good luck with that.

The way some people think about how thi9ngs should work in this mod is just amazing really.

[/quote']

I'm saying that most people would walk out of their house with food, water, weapons, various tools, and more likely than not an array of medical supplies, not to mention a fully functional vehicle...

The fact that anyone thinks someone would begin their survival with a backpack, a flashlight, a few doses of asprin, a bandage, and nothing else is pretty absurd.

I am by no means saying that's not how the mod should be, what I am saying is quit being an elitist troll just because someone thinks it should be different from the way it is.

Another thing, zombie apocalypse meet your end: Winter freeze

Sure hope chernarus is in the tropics

When will I be able to download the patch?

When Rocket Releases it as a Rolling Update one would assume?

Has anyone mentioned that doghouse loot spawns are bugged' date=' would love to see them fixed because it has broken my heart too many times. Thanks!

[/quote']

Right, I always see the loot floating in the air! Would be nice if you could loot the floating loot, but no! Hehe. There's other floating loot as well. Can't remember which object it was floating over though...

2) I never managed to have a broken bone... why? Coz zeds cannot break your legs if you lay down.

uh, I'm pretty sure they can. but I think most people are complaining because their leg got broken for other quirky reasons (crawling through a doorway, crawling around corners, etc.)

My friend broke his leg.. He was going to dinner to would leave and take the "shock" afterwards ..

So he came back, went to coma, waited 5 minutes, and took morfine and painkillers, and he eate his blood up to 12k.

Then he was forced to leave because of his sister, and came back.. Went AGAIN to coma.. We asked him to restart the game, and this happend AGAIN.. And AGAIN..

We even gave him 2 morfine and 2 painkillers to eate before we decided to leave for tonight. We asked him to go back in and check one last time.. Coma / Shock again.

WTF?.. Is this a bug or?..

He broke his leg by falling not by a player, and no zombie are chasing us eg.

Glad leg breaking is getting looked at. Hopefully there'll be a fix for the killer trees at some point. I was standing near a tree and my character glitched out, appeared inside the tree and then had his legs broken.

Glad leg breaking is getting looked at. Hopefully there'll be a fix for the killer trees at some point. I was standing near a tree and my character glitched out' date=' appeared inside the tree and then had his legs broken.

[/quote']

just had my legs broken by a killer door, one of those loghouse cabin buildings. the noise apparently attracted all of berezino and we got stomped

My friend broke his leg.. He was going to dinner to would leave and take the "shock" afterwards ..

So he came back' date=' went to coma, waited 5 minutes, and took morfine and painkillers, and he eate his blood up to 12k.

Then he was forced to leave because of his sister, and came back.. Went AGAIN to coma.. We asked him to restart the game, and this happend AGAIN.. And AGAIN..

We even gave him 2 morfine and 2 painkillers to eate before we decided to leave for tonight. We asked him to go back in and check one last time.. Coma / Shock again.

WTF?.. Is this a bug or?..

He broke his leg by falling not by a player, and no zombie are chasing us eg.

[/quote']

This is unreadable and unintelligible. If English is your first language, I think you need to go back to school. If English isnt your native language, I'm sorry.

I'm saying that most people would walk out of their house with food' date=' water, weapons, various tools, and more likely than not an array of medical supplies, not to mention a fully functional vehicle...

[/quote']

Right! Like when Katrina hit the US.