rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

how about a melee weapon at start for those who want a little something? Increases the value of the mak, gets people using melee weapons from the start. And they don't need ammo so supplies aren't a problem at the start. Lets get our gordon freeman on with the crowbars... baseball bats maybe? shovels?

Still think the starting pack should be the Czech Vest Pouch to make it worth something and makes the patrol pack and assault pack better finds.

I know its been said before about how hard the Zs are hitting and causing bleeding instantly but today i think I got hit the hardest ive ever been! was quite epic!:

Was near Electro, and saw a couple fresh spawns head into station decided id go say Hi as it had been slow and no banditos to kill and was tired of looking through my range finders.. So I head down and we all start talking on VOIP and as I enter the station I see someone has like 3 rolls of Wire up and a tank trap and everything else at the bottum of the stairs and the guys are all like wtf.. .only one of them has a gun and hes talking so i tell them watch my back and Ill take the wire down.. I start taking the wire down and a Z hears it I guess through the double doors I hear one say something about a Z on me and im like huh? as im taking down wire and WACK!!! I go from full blood to 7k instantly and im knocked out cold bleeding with broken bones and in pain... Im like holy shit.. im gonng die right here like this on a week old char helping others.. luckily one of them shoots the one Z and bandages me just intime as a entire horde rolls into the station, 4 of us and only two of us with guns and my dam legs are still broken! I set the PDW to full auto and start spraying mother fuckers... while rolling around on the ground between the other guys Winchester and my PDW we drop a solid 20 in a matter of seconds.. Was a close call.. Im giving Zombies a lil more respect from here on out after that.

Cant wait for the new patch!!

I know its been said before about how hard the Zs are hitting and causing bleeding instantly but today i think I got hit the hardest ive ever been! was quite epic!:

Was near Electro' date=' and saw a couple fresh spawns head into station decided id go say Hi as it had been slow and no banditos to kill and was tired of looking through my range finders.. So I head down and we all start talking on VOIP and as I enter the station I see someone has like 3 rolls of Wire up and a tank trap and everything else at the bottum of the stairs and the guys are all like wtf.. .only one of them has a gun and hes talking so i tell them watch my back and Ill take the wire down.. I start taking the wire down and a Z hears it I guess through the double doors I hear one say something about a Z on me and im like huh? as im taking down wire and WACK!!! I go from full blood to 7k instantly and im knocked out cold bleeding with broken bones and in pain... Im like holy shit.. im gonng die right here like this on a week old char helping others.. luckily one of them shoots the one Z and bandages me just intime as a entire horde rolls into the station, 4 of us and only two of us with guns and my dam legs are still broken! I set the PDW to full auto and start spraying mother fuckers... while rolling around on the ground between the other guys Winchester and my PDW we drop a solid 20 in a matter of seconds.. Was a close call.. Im giving Zombies a lil more respect from here on out after that.

Cant wait for the new patch!!

[/quote']

Are you sure that other guy wasn't trying to kill you but bandaged you afterwards because of his bad conscience?

Just asking because my blood did not drop below 9 k blood today while killing about 30-40 zombies.

Here is a possible bug:

While playing with a friend' date=' we raided the supermarket in Stary Sobor. About a minute after leaving town, my character suddenly teleports back to the Stary Sobor supermarket. I try leaving town again, and about a minute out I'm once again teleported back to the supermarket. Worried about losing my gear, I escape the market and abort from server after I get a relatively safe distance from the city.

First time something like that happened to me, it was a low ping server and I was given no signal that I was having connection issues. Anyone else have a similar experience?

[/quote']

Happened to me too. Ran from Balota to Cherno... BOOM back in Balota.

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage' date=' reduced amount of leg damage)

[/quote']

I really wish this patch had come sooner. oh well another death and great gear lost, onto the bean wars!

On a side note: the amount of player killing is still the same in the bean wars post Makarov removal.

How about some bayonet weapons, it has a risk/reward system to it. Like you can find a hunting knife or combat knives why not a bayonet. It can be a tool equipped to a weapon, but once on cannot be removed.

Possible weapons:

Mosin Nagant- This Russian bolt action rifle would be very common in these areas.

Remington 870- There are already some in the game, and the ones that militaries use have a extension tube with a bayonet lug.

Lee Enfield- Had bayonets, and these seem to be plentiful in our dangerous little world.

Bleeding is also has same problems as leg breaking - its procs too often from zombies and if you are not having a bandage you die with 12k blood' date=' which is also bad. So please nerf bleeding from zombies - it would be really welcome too.

Minor bleeding should also stop after 3-4k of blood. Right now it kills you from 12k blood to 0 which is not realistic.

But tbh how can infected break your legs? Pretty unrealistic to me.

Also today I broke my legs opening a gate. Please fix it too.

[/quote']

bone breaking is getting nerfed, because morphine is rare. unless you are a total retard, you can find bandages in almost every building. if you don't have bandages its your fault.

That sounds like your friend might have shot you by mistake ! I've never been hit for more than 2k blood personally and it was quite brutal !

Nah... right as they said something I saw the Zombie hand in my screen and heard the attack noise/hit... should have heard them after they kilt the zombie.. "Are you alright?" "Is he dead?" "wtf" etc... I was pretty sure I was just going to bleed out or die or they would finish me off. But humanity won over.

The zombies respond fine.

I can provide you PLENTY of evidence they dont' date=' getting better like ive said befoe but they DO NOT respond fine, maybe youve only spent time around the big cities *shrug* but you can't get around the small towns its impossible. zombies come from miles still you can crouch to loot or they all come running, walking in a building is futile as they hear/see through the walls....

[/quote']

I'm pretty sure you quoted a guy who responded to my post, because I did not write those words.

Zombies, their senses are OK now. But they must be FEARSOME!!!

*They must infect you at hit with a %. disorienting for some time for example, lower blood amount, slow speed and so on.

*They must hit you much harder.

*They must put you in unconscious state for a short amount of time. 5 seconds is OK.

*Let them inflict twice amount of damage If they hit you from the back.

*To balance these improvements Zed's speed should be little lowered.

Not releasing tonight guys' date=' sorry - I learned my lesson after the 1.7.1 debacle.

The bugs in the new system have been ironed out, but consequently the balancing is (again) all over the place. So tomorrow I need to spend some time adjusting the balancing, then we need to go through some serious closed testing.

Sorry guys, disappointing I know. But this means that I'll be able to squeeze some content in while it is being tested tomorrow. I'm off to sleep for a bit :)

[/quote'] your a god damn motherfuckin hero thats what u are..

No he isn't.

yes,yes he is

Zombies' date=' their senses are OK now. But they must be FEARSOME!!!

*They must infect you at hit with a %. disorienting for some time for example, lower blood amount, slow speed and so on.

*They must hit you much harder.

*They must put you in unconscious state for a short amount of time. 5 seconds is OK.

*Let them inflict twice amount of damage If they hit you from the back.

*To balance these improvements Zed's speed should be little lowered.

[/quote']

Could be cool.. But

They will start to eat you if you are unconscious, and this will make you blood - alot

So if you were running from 4 zeds, and they hit you critical, and you hit the ground for 5 secs. This will be more than enough to start eating you.

So after 5 seconds, you get up, and start running - BUT - You are losing blood, and you cant shoot them or outrun them.. So what can you do?

1. Die

2. Dead-dodge

3. Try to survive..

I've bet must of players will try second option, and this is already destorying the roleplay survival gameplay.

So what if..

If they hit you crit, and you go down.. The zeds doesnt want you anymore?.. Must zeds doesnt like boddies but perfer fresh blood.. So they would just ignore you.. But you will have to lay down on the ground in 5 minutes. This make you extremly vulnerable to player attack and the zeds once you wake up again.

Another thing.. They should make it possible to loot unconscious' ppl. I hate to kill others, but would love to shoot them into unconscious mode, them go to check them out..

Ppl will sometimes lose something, but is far worse to start allover.. And ofc. you can just simply kill them all!

2 things...

1. I just reread the patch notes and looked at the number of posts rocket has made and realized he is the most dedicated developer ever ....1k plus posts thats...insane..when do you have time to program...thanks dude thanks for all you do...

2. Which monday was target date for this patch I seen this post up since last week can we get an eta update i'm so tired of flawed zombie aggro I just want to get into the game and play the new version....

Is morphine fixed yet? Haven't been able to find any. Also is camo clothing coming back soon?

Thanks for taking the time to bring us this great stuff!

I think I might have found a bug, though.

Found/stole a S1203 van. The hull was lightly orange, but applying scrap metal did not change it any further to green.

The wheel damage might be wonkie, too, didn't thoroughly check that though, need 8 tires for that (4 to change each one, 4 to have backups JUST IN CASE). Might be connected to the vehicle having about a dozen wheels, or so it says.

FIX

Is there any chance that the defense mode can be fixed?

I mean, in this game almost every gun one shots survivors, so there is almost no way to make "self-defense" work. It would be cool that self defense activates when someone shoots torwards your direction.

Dear Mr. Rocket,

I am very pleased with this mod and where it is going. Recently I found out that using the crossbow adds a very interesting and challenging, but also a very rewarding game play. I would really love to see some more primitive weapons, like bows or throwing knifes or some modern stuff in the game. There are a lot of all kind of guns, why not make some more(2-3) weapons of this sort? I do know that there are some animation issues, but at least a crossbow a bit more advanced - with scope x2-3.

And the thing that i would love the most - that you could attach(or at least use) the flashlight with your crossbow equipped. I'm just dying to play at night with my crossbow! Some duct tape ant a flashlight - it's all you going to need to do this in real life :)

Cheers, and keep up the good work!!! :)

Could be cool.. But

The only thing i hate is spawn new zombies from nowhere around me, wtf? I can manage existed zed's but freshly spawned at my head and rushing to me, NO.

So or zeds logic and investigation should be improved or zed spawn system should be changed.

If we had zed spawn in 600 meters before a player and did not despawn them within 10 minutes it would improve game realizm. If i would kill a zed, new one would reapeared in some time, 5 or more minutes. This gives me some time to clean area and loot it. And important! It wont allow other players to identify if an another player is nearby. And will fix exploit when DC complitely removes all zeds around you.

don't sweat it rocket, we have a decent working build to playtest now, do your thing on 1.7.2 so it's enjoyable from the bat. I think all of us will appreciate it.

In addition to tweaking leg damage from zombies you could also do something about the bleeding. It's stupid that half of the time a zombie hits you it cuts a major artery and you bleed out in a couple of minutes.

I dont mind the zombies doing more damage, but the bleeding effect is just stupid at the time. You should bleed heavily when shot and in rare cases a zombie hits you, but not almost every time you're shoved by a Zed.

so??? wasn't this supposed to come out today monday?? it's already tuesday

oops, just read your post rocket. Good move! Better to wait a little longer and have a polished patch than a sketchy one like 1.7.1.