rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

He's right finding matches is a bitch yesterday i was searching for at least 6 hours

On Saturday I literally looted every single apartment' date=' church, and general store from Elektro to Vybor and not found matches. I eventually died due to a zombie knocking me out through a wall because I had low enough blood and couldn't cook the full inventory of meat I had. Matches...the giver of life.

[/quote']

I guess you're just unfortunate. I could give you a package since i got two packages lol :)

I'd have thought 'Road Flares' would "start" a fire quite well......

Seems an obvious easy addition.

Matches are still going to be preferable due to them not taking up a slot and more importantly not alerting anyone to your presence so are a considerable upgrade.

On the subject of fires:- Having to use a hatchet to gather wood is a little silly to say the least. If you are in the woods/forest that should be all that is required.

And i'd like to be able to catch & gut an animal if i only have a hunting knife. But capturing them considering they move now (maybe run in the future) some form of trapping may be viable 1st.

When for eg 1 has had a hunting knife, matches & hatchet yet no gun & needed to eat then been able walk upto a pig and do nothing... *shrugs*.

Similarly with wells & lakes - you should be able to take a drink. and :) lastly I'd have thought an old whiskey bottle (with an imaginary bundle of grass stuffed in the neck) would hold water..... maybe make it so it takes up 2 slots?

i agree road flares is better then matches to start fires.

I also think maybe filling a water bottle with rain would be helpful. It could take longer than a well or lake, but its still good water.

great fix on the leg damage.. yesterday i crawled for like 2 hours w/ no morphine.. i almost cried.

Wire fencing kits have become nothing but griefing items.. increase toolbox spawn or decrease wire spawn...

i went through elektro and cherno and literally 1 building was not barbed off.... might as well barb wire the whole coast in and no one can move off of it when they spawn.

if someone plants wire' date=' he still has to get out, so there is a way to get in.

so it works for me anyways, no problem looting cherno/elektro.

[/quote']

Except when they disconnect, move to another server, exit the building, and then return.

I hope the Wire Fencing Kits will be removed soon. All the barbed wires are seriously breaking gameplay. :P

no but they should add some kind of bolt cutter...or anyone who got a tool-box should be able to cut that wire fences off.

That's how it works now! But when was the last time you saw a toolbox? I haven't seen one since 1.7.

great fix on the leg damage.. yesterday i crawled for like 2 hours w/ no morphine.. i almost cried.

Wire fencing kits have become nothing but griefing items.. increase toolbox spawn or decrease wire spawn...

i went through elektro and cherno and literally 1 building was not barbed off.... might as well barb wire the whole coast in and no one can move off of it when they spawn.

if someone plants wire' date=' he still has to get out, so there is a way to get in.

[/quote']

No they don't. They just have to switch to a different server and exit clean that way.

We were wandering around Berezino and found a deer stand that had been blocked with barbed wire ... a freaking deer stand! I dunno, maybe they were using it for storage when they server hopped but it was pretty strange.

Joe

Pleeeeeeeeeease, take away that effect that makes it darker o see when we look towards the sun's direction. Ofc, it's awesomely realistic, but it forces my eyes. I don't wanna get blind for playing DayZ, I just wanna have some fun :B

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage' date=' reduced amount of leg damage)

[/quote']

Thanks god for that !! What chance do they have now ? Bleeding is also has same problems as leg breaking - its procs too often from zombies and if you are not having a bandage you die with 12k blood, which is also bad. So please nerf bleeding from zombies - it would be really welcome too.

Minor bleeding should also stop after 3-4k of blood. Right now it kills you from 12k blood to 0 which is not realistic.

But tbh how can infected break your legs? Pretty unrealistic to me.

Also today I broke my legs opening a gate. Please fix it too.

i wish more people realized what alpha might mean for their precious gear.

lol just cos it's alpha doesn't mean it shouldn't be reported' date=' otherwise how's it gonna get fixed? :)

[/quote']

read the whole quote line. we weren't talking about bugs causing missing items, that should definitely be reported. what shouldn't be reported or bitched about is losing gear because of a patch or a wipe. sometimes that's needed

Pleeeeeeeeeease' date=' take away that effect that makes it darker o see when we look towards the sun's direction. Ofc, it's awesomely realistic, but it forces my eyes. I don't wanna get blind for playing DayZ, I just wanna have some fun :B

[/quote']

I believe this is an ARMA thing not a DayZ thing though, and I agree. I have posted about the HDR effect before, I find it very annoying that you can't see anything in broad daylight (I have to crank my gamma).

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage' date=' reduced amount of leg damage)

[/quote']

Damn, that sucks. I hope nerfs don't become common place. I really liked that Z had a chance to fuck you up beyond repair on any encounter. Made it so you had to carry plenty of supplies, be more careful. Now wtf...meh...oh well...alpha. Hope you harden this shit up at some point. :P

You might also bang your head against the wall with the same effect.

Its a game, not some stupid harcore punishing slug fest.

Pleeeeeeeeeease' date=' take away that effect that makes it darker o see when we look towards the sun's direction. Ofc, it's awesomely realistic, but it forces my eyes. I don't wanna get blind for playing DayZ, I just wanna have some fun :B

[/quote']

I believe this is an ARMA thing not a DayZ thing though, and I agree. I have posted about the HDR effect before, I find it very annoying that you can't see anything in broad daylight (I have to crank my gamma).

why not just disable the HDR instead?

I hope the Wire Fencing Kits will be removed soon. All the barbed wires are seriously breaking gameplay. :P

no but they should add some kind of bolt cutter...or anyone who got a tool-box should be able to cut that wire fences off.

Get a toolbox. Done? Ok. Now, aim at the wire fence, but not in the fence, in that sort of stick it has, to keep it up. Now, use the mouse wheel, and continuously approach it, until the option "Remove Barded Wire (CAT1)" - I believe that's it - appears. Select it and you are now removing the fence. Works with sandbags as well, but not sure if that's with toolbox or entrenching tool.

Keep in mind that some options like vehicles fixing and removing that sort of stuff is bugged, so you have to walk towards it until the option appears. Hope it helped.

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)

WOOOOHOOOOO

So when does this patch comes out ?

...and russians

We were wandering around Berezino and found a deer stand that had been blocked with barbed wire ... a freaking deer stand!

Do you remember the name of the server? Because that exactly what I did last time

So when does this patch comes out ?

It's supposed to come out "monday". If they need to take longer to squash the bugs that they created when they overhauled everything to improve efficiency, then maybe it will be tomorrow.

It's only 9:00PM in Prague right now, and Rocket likes to release updates later in the evening. He's probably got the bug spray out right now. I hope he has a gas mask.

I have patience, all these updates seem pretty good and it seems like he can hear my wishes.

[/quote']

why not just disable the HDR instead?

I don't believe you can. My only options are NORMAL, HIGH, and VERY HIGH. I am unable to descern a difference between all three settings.

[/quote']

Not really, I think it's mainly used by server hopping cheaters so they can farm equipment in peace.

Good stuff rocket. The alpha has come a long way in the last few updates.

Current wishlist of tweaks and fixes

- Hatchets and Watches far too common.

- Morphine not common enough.

- Leg breaking too common.

- Zombies running/attacking through walls still occurring.

- Zombies do not consider the Z-axis when listening/looking (they can hear/see survivors who are several stories up in a building because they are next to them' date=' even though the survivor is in fact quite high up and at a reasonable distance)

- Tents are still pretty touchy about where you place them, although they are a LOT better.

- Zombies respawn too quick.

- Zombies spawn too close sometimes (especially a pain due to their now heightened senses).

- Items tend to dissapear when forced out of a bag.

- You cannot physically open your bag unless you are looking at loot or some other storage unit. It merely displays the contents in the list. This is annoying if you need to know how much space is there.

- For larger items can we have some sort of display to indicate how many slots they take before we pick them up?

- Jerry cans, toolboxes, camping tents etc. cannot be placed directly into your bag. You need to pick them up first and then move them. Totally inconvenient.

P.s. I love someones idea to place your primary weapon on your toolbelt rather than your backpack when using melee weapons.[/font']

I Agree With this List big time.

I disagree about morphine being not common enough. I think it's just right. It makes no sense that you'd be able to just find morphine wherever whenever. It's a medical supply and needs to be limited.

I also disagree with the weapn on the tool belt. I can get on board with the hatchet on the toolbelt -there are smaller handheld hatchets. But it makes ZERO sense to be walking around with a shotgun or assault rifle hanging off your belt.

_____

I don't understand how people are having so much trouble with broken bones from zombies. I've had my legs broken once from zombie attack - but I was being wailed on by 3 at once so it kind of made sense to me.

Not sure what I'm doing differently that's keeping me from having the same too many broken bones that so many others seem to have.

______

Just backing up some other posts: zombies are still spawning in odd places - on the roof... or stuck between the roof and the building. Still see/and hit through walls. Still see/hear regardless of floor level (2nd or 3rd or higher floor - heard/seen from the street).

I ALMOST agree watches are too abundant but the truth is, I feel like it kinda makes sense. Seems to me all the "not enough spawn of this particular loot" complaints are coming from people not wanting to spend too much time looking for something which in this sort of scenario is just... a silly request. IMPO.

I definitely agree fencing kits and tank traps are far too abundant and have become just another way to grief survivors.

I also think maybe filling a water bottle with rain would be helpful. It could take longer than a well or lake' date=' but its still good water.

[/quote']

Without some kind of funnel, that would literally take hours of real time. So yeah, put it in, but make the player have to stay stationary for 2-3 hours, provided it rains that long. Great idea!

this game keeps getting better and better thank you so much Rocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly think, particularly since players are starting without weapons, now, that trash loot needs to go.

The players per server average is going to rise, plus new players will have no weapons, thus increasing demand for resources. Trash loot may be nice from an aesthetic standpoint, but it serves little purpose than to annoy, and to lag the server cleaning it up. And with the incoming increased demand for resources, the average player wouldn't get much more than he would if there was trash loot.

I'm not saying necessarily that we increase any other loot spawns, but I do think trash loot is a waste of time for the player and a waste in resources both server and client side.

I also think maybe filling a water bottle with rain would be helpful. It could take longer than a well or lake' date=' but its still good water.

[/quote']

Without some kind of funnel, that would literally take hours of real time. So yeah, put it in, but make the player have to stay stationary for 2-3 hours, provided it rains that long. Great idea!

Or, add funnel. It doesn't take up much space and it enables you to piss while standing if you're a lady.