rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

You're an idiot' date=' you want me to sugar coat it for you? Fuck you.

Expecting someone to [b']just put their life on hold to fix something because it's an inconvenience to you, makes you a self important idiot.

Also when you're dead wrong about who's responsible for the cheating, that makes you an idiot.

In case my point went over your head, you're a fucking idiot.

I'm normally not a grammar nazi.. but Jesus Christ, man, it's YOU'RE not YOUR. You're the only idiot here, bro.

it's always extra funny when people make those mistakes while trying to say something about someone else's intelligence

Um, I don't know if this is really the right place to post this, but how will you be able to communicate with other players when global and side chat is disabled and you haven't got a mic?

Um' date=' I don't know if this is really the right place to post this, but how will you be able to communicate with other players when global and side chat is disabled and you haven't got a mic?

[/quote']

you can use text in direct chat too...

pwnstar23

Another brave internet warrior calling people idiots...

And to the guy who says because I have never seen one they don't exist your an idiot...

Nobody said that. Nobody. You are the one who is an idiot.

Oh' date=' and welcome to the forums, you'll fit right in.

[/quote']

Your an idiot, you want me to sugar coat it for you? Fuck you.

Expecting someone to just drop their life for you, just to fix something cause it's an inconvenience to you, makes you an IDIOT, a self important idiot.

Also when your dead wrong about who's responsible for the cheating makes you an IDIOT.

In case my point went over your head, YOUR A FUCKING IDIOT.

I think you are going to keep me well entertained till the patch comes out.

What was your point again? I'm some sort of... Victorian age shoe horn? A butternut squash? A little potbellied stove? What was it again? I didn't get it because 'mine an idiot'.

-1H to the FINAL!!!!!!!!!! Forza Azzurri!!!!

Sure this is DayZ related.

I don't give a FUCK!!!! The patch is 1 week late and what we are talking here is vapor anyway!! So STFU!

-1H to the FINAL!!!!!!!!!! Forza Azzurri!!!!

Sure this is DayZ related.

I don't give a FUCK!!!! The patch is 1 week late and what we are talking here is vapor anyway!! So STFU!

Dude, calm down and stop raging. He's doing testing and just trying to make it better. Personally, I'd rather wait for a good update, rather than get a rushed update that breaks stuff

I cannot believe I created an account to say this, however.

I have yet to play this game because of the dreaded AX at the end of my player ID. With all the press about being released and the huge increase in sales due to this mod itself, BI had to add the AX to the end of player ID's due to the volume of players, i dont have Arma X i have retail with all expansions. This is NOT rockets fault, it is BIs fault for forcing the AX string that broke the mod that got them all these sales. However, the issue is with the "hive" server, NOT the clients. so the patch shouldint fix diddly dick anyway. It is a simple fix to the "hive" that needs fixing that can be fixed from any computer with a simple string of code. Im sure a programmer can back me up on this.

While yes it is a free mod, it is boosting so many sales to Arma that it isint "free" to alot of people. Rocket does owe u an explanation unless something has happened to him regardless of vacation or not. With all his "fame" hes getting comes responsibility, and if he fix it from a computer quickly then he should, if he cant then SOMEONE on the dev team should be able to explain the situation. The fact its been abandoned for 4 days loses alot of trust. He didint have to agree to all this press, the fact it he did, and his own mod is suffering for it because he hasint given a single update, nor anyone on the dev team.

Working for a soup kitchen is also freem but if i dont show up for 4 days, the homeless are still gonna be pissed.

I cannot believe I created an account to say this' date=' however.

I have yet to play this game because of the dreaded AX at the end of my player ID. With all the press about being released and the huge increase in sales due to this mod itself, BI had to add the AX to the end of player ID's due to the volume of players, i dont have Arma X i have retail with all expansions. This is NOT rockets fault, it is BIs fault for forcing the AX string that broke the mod that got them all these sales. However, the issue is with the "hive" server, NOT the clients. so the patch shouldint fix diddly dick anyway. It is a simple fix to the "hive" that needs fixing that can be fixed from any computer with a simple string of code. Im sure a programmer can back me up on this.

While yes it is a free mod, it is boosting so many sales to Arma that it isint "free" to alot of people. Rocket does owe u an explanation unless something has happened to him regardless of vacation or not. With all his "fame" hes getting comes responsibility, and if he fix it from a computer quickly then he should, if he cant then SOMEONE on the dev team should be able to explain the situation. The fact its been abandoned for 4 days loses alot of trust. He didint have to agree to all this press, the fact it he did, and his own mod is suffering for it because he hasint given a single update, nor anyone on the dev team.

Working for a soup kitchen is also freem but if i dont show up for 4 days, the homeless are still gonna be pissed.

[/quote']

One big '+' from me :)

Ok, now that i got rights to write something here i just want to say few things.

Play the game and enjoy the experience. The patch will come out when Rocket think its stable enough. Remember the shitstorm 1.7.1 caused? I too would like to rant about that frickin' zombie that saw me through the wall, and gazillion other things that annoys me when i die and how it was impossible. But hey! I wont! I just start over even when i had inventory full of crap and died because of my own stupidity or carelessness.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HEAD TO THE THE INLAND FROM THE START!1! Beaches and big cities are always camped. Why the hell you keep going there?!? You can run to Stary Sobor in 10 minutes almost everywhere without compass and youll get military loot from there.

Luv the game as it is now. Ive had some much fun running through the countryside with my pals and doing things. Too bad theres no end-goal in the game so we have to get the thrill and fun from player killing. Which is actually bad thing because id like to see other friendly players around. Been playing about a month now and i havent encountered a single friendly player yet. Even when im yelling and texting to direct chat "im friendly! im friendly!". Last time i got shot in the back of my head with makarov in Rog.

For the Arma X owners out there, it sucks. For yours sake i hope the patch will come out soon. Stay strong!

There, fire away!

edit.

Ok to clarify PK before anyone gets to it.

I dont kill newbies at beaches nor unarmed people anywhere. Or if they didnt notice me, then i usually let them go. Firing your gun usually gets more ppl to get drawn to your location. Dont want that.

Rocket does owe u an explanation unless something has happened to him regardless of vacation or not.

It's an alpha and not a minecraft "you paid for something I might finish someday" one. You don't deserve anything at all.

They can stop development if they feel like it at any time. They do not owe you anything.

It's just like in the old days with quake mods or later sourcemods.

You don't even get to play most mods in alpha stage.

While yes it is a free mod' date=' it is boosting so many sales to Arma that it isint "free" to alot of people. Rocket does owe u an explanation unless something has happened to him regardless of vacation or not. With all his "fame" hes getting comes responsibility, and if he fix it from a computer quickly then he should, if he cant then SOMEONE on the dev team should be able to explain the situation. The fact its been abandoned for 4 days loses alot of trust. He didint have to agree to all this press, the fact it he did, and his own mod is suffering for it because he hasint given a single update, nor anyone on the dev team.

[/quote']

hahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA. You can't be serious.

Your comparison is just sick. Developing a mod and helping to feed homeless people shouldn't be on your same level of consideration.

Rocket doesn't owe you a thing. He just wants you to have fun. The mod is fun. Enjoy it.

Really.

Go out get some air.

While yes it is a free mod' date=' it is boosting so many sales to Arma that it isint "free" to alot of people. Rocket does owe u an explanation unless something has happened to him regardless of vacation or not. With all his "fame" hes getting comes responsibility, and if he fix it from a computer quickly then he should, if he cant then SOMEONE on the dev team should be able to explain the situation. The fact its been abandoned for 4 days loses alot of trust. He didint have to agree to all this press, the fact it he did, and his own mod is suffering for it because he hasint given a single update, nor anyone on the dev team.

[/quote']

hahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA. You can't be serious.

Your comparison is just sick. Developing a mod and helping to feed homeless people shouldn't be on your same level of consideration.

Rocket doesn't owe you a thing. He just wants you to have fun. The mod is fun. Enjoy it.

Really.

Go out get some air.

My thoughts exactly. Dude in the quoted post, chill out. It's a free mod for a game you paid $30 for. Don't act like some privileged little brat about this. The people who work on these games that you enjoy have lives, too. They also like to do stuff they enjoy. They can't put their lives on hold, because someone on a forum demands they come back from their vacation to work on a free mod.

Breathe, mate.

Sure it's great but I still don't see a "Weapon on spawn" option... I think servers that play on a harder difficulty should have no weapon on spawn and for us who just started playing could get some slack by playing on an easier difficulty.

Also there's a bug involving a gun, flashlight and hatchet. Gun and flashlight at the same time, remove hatchet from toolbelt, equip flashlight (will now appear over the gun) remove hatchet, scroll with F and press L. voila Gun and flashlight at the same time... That's actually not a bad idéa, this aint doom 3 is it?

Direct communication chat seems a bit wonky..

there is always the actual chat, in case they have no mic.

its working fine.

I cannot believe I created an account to say this' date=' however.

[/quote']

you are wrong dude. we bought arma, which works just fine, not day z. mr hall doesnt owe us shit. there is nothing you can say, no analogy can change that FACT. do you have sat? sometimes it goes out during a storm. do you have internet? sometimes it goes out or hangs or whatever. do you have cell phone? sometimes that doesnt work quite right. not much you can do, and if you call them on it they say tough shit. if it happens too much, they will give you a credit. the difference between that stuff and dayz is called a contract. there is no contract anyplace here. rocket, dayz staff, bis, we made a one time purchase from this company. their responsibility ends there. anything further we get from any of them is a blessing. its good business, but NOT required. a soup kitchen is a great analogy though. if you (RedShadow30) dont show up at the soup kitchen for 4 days your parole officer will have your ass and the judge will put you back in the clink for violating a community service order. otherwise, the VOLUNTEERS (rocket) that work at the soup kitchen can say suck a dick anytime they want. then i guess the homeless would just have to get a job and take care of themselvs, eh? the volunteers can do or not do whatever the fuck they want. VOLUNTEER means doing something because you feel like it, and can be discontinued at any time for any reason.

I'll just point out that this isn't just some user created mod. Rocket works for BIS, and there was that rumor that they have him working full-time on the mod. it wouldn't surprise me since this is such a cash-cow for BIS

I don't think he "owes" us anything, but it would be nice to get an update on what's going on

you are wrong dude. we bought arma' date=' which works just fine...

[/quote']

not really. every time I try to play the campaign, it crashes at some point. but I digress...

there is always the actual chat' date=' in case they have no mic.

its working fine.

[/quote']

It's not working fine, direct comm is bugged right now both voice and text. Do not assume other players can hear you, some won't and you may end up dead.

My previous post isint about right or wrong. Its about trust, we "paid" him fame, and hes probably gonna get a fortune from this mod, look at all the press about him and BI is flaunting him basicly advertising his mod as "part of the game".

and yes when you volunteer you can say suck a dick, but that doesint change the fact it pisses people off. We have the right to be pissed, not saying im pissed, but damnit people want to play the game hes running around advertising right now.

And heres another analogy for ya, if McDonalds offered you a free sandwich with the purchase of a big mac, and they ran out of free sandwiches, McDonalds would be sued dispite "being a free addon to the meal" Many people found out about this through BI or a game magazine calling it a working game, or barely mintioned alpha, he is openly advertising it.

Sure it's great but I still don't see a "Weapon on spawn" option... I think servers that play on a harder difficulty should have no weapon on spawn and for us who just started playing could get some slack by playing on an easier difficulty.

Well, I don't this this would be a good idea for one reason. It encourages new people, or just lazy people, to stay on servers where this option is available.

Rather than, like you say, gradually transfer to a higher difficulty server, people tend to stay with what's familiar to them... I think this would discourage that movement. Plus, I have never seen this happen, people stay on the server they choose at the beginning of each login or if they've chosen one because they've got tangible interests there. Their preferences don't change over time, or rather, over the time that they play. They simply accept the options they're accustomed to as normal and don't deviate.

Succinctly put, I think it has to be all or nothing, it can't be an option.

Well' date=' I don't this this would be a good idea for one reason. It encourages new people, or just lazy people, to stay on servers where this option is available.

Rather than, like you say, gradually transfer to a higher difficulty server, people tend to stay with what's familiar to them... I think this would discourage that movement. Plus, I have never seen this happen, people stay on the server they choose at the beginning of each login or if they've chosen one because they've got tangible interests there. Their preferences don't change over time, or rather, over the time that they play. They simply accept the options they're accustomed to as normal and don't deviate.

Succinctly put, I think it has to be all or nothing, it can't be an option.

[/quote']

I agree. Once newbies get used to a gun on the spawn,they won't get in a server with no weapon on spawn. What they should do is at least make you start with a big knife or some kind of shit like that. That way,you at least can DEFEND yourself.

My previous post isint about right or wrong. Its about trust' date=' we "paid" him fame, and hes probably gonna get a fortune from this mod, look at all the press about him and BI is flaunting him basicly advertising his mod as "part of the game".

and yes when you volunteer you can say suck a dick, but that doesint change the fact it pisses people off. We have the right to be pissed, not saying im pissed, but damnit people want to play the game hes running around advertising right now.

And heres another analogy for ya, if McDonalds offered you a free sandwich with the purchase of a big mac, and they ran out of free sandwiches, McDonalds would be sued dispite "being a free addon to the meal" Many people found out about this through BI or a game magazine calling it a working game, or barely mintioned alpha, he is openly advertising it.

[/quote']

no no no. its not a game, its a mod.

"fame" is a side effect and not anything to do with obligation. just because you get fame for something, there is nothing that automatically goes with it, only what the one that gets the fame decides to do with it. the mcdonalds thing is retarded, you cant sue for anything free. ever here of "while supplies last"? or "we assume no additional responsibility"?

rocket doesnt ever have to say anything again and disappear off the face of the planet, and there is nothing wrong with doing that and nothing anyone could ever do about it.

rocket could declare alpha and beta over, and this is the final product. doesnt matter if someone who has never played the game is satisfied or not, this what you get. he could decide to go to closed alpha, or he could decide to go into beta right now and have a monthly membership fee. im not saying any of this would make sense, im just saying any of this is possible, and up to that man, not you or me. he doesnt have to come here everyday and say "not today, maybe tomorrow." what a waste of time.

youve never even played this? who are you to demand anything? who are you to come in here saying somebody owes you (us) something? my brothers ps3 can play ps2 games. mine cant. the company decided to change stuff up. incompatible versions? tough shit. be patient.

if McDonalds offered you a free sandwich with the purchase of a big mac' date=' and they ran out of free sandwiches, McDonalds would be sued dispite "being a free addon to the meal"

[/quote']

They really wouldn't thanks to small print. Available while stocks last

that's a false option, it makes all servers easy mode.