rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

I don't care about the aborting carebears that much at the moment, it's just when you kill and the body suddenly sinks because they aborted, that needs to be stopped straight away, it's stopping anyone from getting loot from the body.

All servers should be forced to run the newest DayZ & A2OA version! It's super annoying that I lose all my gear after server restart or log out because of some ArmA2 X player not running the newest A2OA beta.

Server hoping atm is almost essential when you start rubberbanding back 500km to your original point or your vision & hearing ui meter gets stuck at max or zombies dont respond to anything or.....

What i'm saying is there are a hundred and one more important things that desperately need fixing first.

word of the day - prioriety.

I've put 200 hours in this game and the only time i've ever lost gear was when i dropped it from swimming. can't understand how common other's misfortune is, but i'm glad it doesn't happen to me.

Would you rocket please look into this issue?

The black "Receiving..." screen problem is still upon me and some other people. I really can't play at all right now because I have to reboot the game almost like every 15 minutes (and wait for the loading of the game/mod and the server which takes like 5 mins). Threads created about the issue here:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19045 (my thread without any replies)

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19319

This all started for me after the 1.7.1.5 patch. I already re-installed DayZ and it didn't help so the problem is obviously in the newest code combined to something in my (and some other people's) system. Please see the linked threads for more information (in the second thread, people are also talking about some crashing which you should also look into, but I'm not having any crashing for myself, just the Receiving thing).

Thank you for reading this (if you did).

EDIT: It is working now! The solution was to change Video settings' "Video memory" from Default to Low.

All servers should be forced to run the newest DayZ & A2OA version! It's super annoying that I lose all my gear after server restart or log out because of some ArmA2 X player not running the newest A2OA beta.

You should be filtering servers for the latest patch so that this doesn't happen, it's not difficult.

That being said, I totally agree. All servers should be using the latest patches otherwise we cannot properly test them.

as long as other servers can run the older DayZ version they arent forced to play with the newest A2OA beta - and I am still sharing the playerID with someone else. really no point "filtering" the serverlist PAiN512

You guys do realize a reset position at the beach somewhere still holds the same amount of bytes in the database as being anywhere else lawl?

Can you please elaborate? It might be because of me not being a native english speaker' date=' but I can't find the meaning of your post. Also. what is this 'lawl' of which you speak?

[/quote']

You need to speek "idiot" to translate a lot of what shows up here. :-/

we need a fix for alt+f4 server hooper farmers. Please rocket. do smetihng about it.

its impsobile to go to any high loot location witohut finding everything already looted by server hoppers' date=' or getting shot in the back by them.

Today i spent 30 mins tracking 2 poeple. i finally got into point blank range, i had a slow ass winchester. both guys managed to disconnect before i kileld them.. although one did die, his body disapeared. the other reloged after bandaging on a different server and attacked me again.

these scumbags are ruining your mod.

[/quote']

ABSOLUTELY.

Happened to me as well, and it's very unfair.

Risked my ass to approach a deer stand, checked it out and there was nothing interesting, move back a few hundred meters and when I look at the map I see two survivors spawned a few meters away from the stand.

I get closer but 2 minutes later they're gone.

They just get close to stand, check it out, go back 100 meters or so, abort and connect to another server and repeat to get military magazines.

ps. you should be able to store in a database on the main server the server id and the location player is at when it connects... a few days later you can run a script on the database and if they connected near the same location 3-4 times in a row, punish them somehow.

Fixing server hopping and disconnecting during combat I hope is high on their priorities because it is a big problem.

we need a fix for alt+f4 server hooper farmers. Please rocket. do smetihng about it.

its impsobile to go to any high loot location witohut finding everything already looted by server hoppers' date=' or getting shot in the back by them.

Today i spent 30 mins tracking 2 poeple. i finally got into point blank range, i had a slow ass winchester. both guys managed to disconnect before i kileld them.. although one did die, his body disapeared. the other reloged after bandaging on a different server and attacked me again.

[/quote']

ABSOLUTELY.

Risked my ass to approach a deer stand, checked it out and there was nothing interesting, move back a few hundred meters and when I look at the map I see two survivors spawned a few meters away from the stand.

They just get close to stand, check it out, go back 100 meters or so, abort and connect to another server and repeat to get military magazines.

[/quote']

ABSOLUTELY.

Can not agree more with this guys, please fix that big problem, they are ruining the ingame experience.. Some ideas:

- Increase the respawn rate of weapons and ammo.

- Penalization on disconnect-fast swapping between servers.

A simple 15-20 minute rejoin timer on a server you just left would get rid of the stupid disconnect, bandage, relocate, rejoin and shoot in the back crap thats going on.

Server loot hopping would need another type of fix though.

What i realy would like is for servers to lock 5 minutes after server reaches x players, and unlock once it drops below y.

That would get reduce the immersion breaking players spawning inside areas you have completley scouted and made sure their clear.

Either that or add a notification when someone is logging in within 150m of you. Say a Extreamly loud "Yawn" or simmilar plays when someone connects.

How about every time you log into a server, it starts a 15 minute counter. Until the counter is finished, you can only pick up loot _from that server_. If you log to another server, you can't get loot until the first timer is up, then a timer starts _for that server_.

It wouldn't stop server hopping for loot, but it would make it tedious enough that 90% of the current hoppers wouldn't spend the time.

reading the last couple posts i can see why ppl get mad when someone disconnects during combat and i agree that needs to be penalized and it kind of is starting too with the lasting effect of shock/knockout... but punishing needs to be more severe for those ppl

i understand why its bad server hopping too but to punish EVERYONE thats hopping is kinda stupid too... some ppl dont wanna play on night time servers or have some nasty lag with other servers so it takes time to find the right server. im in no way justifying the ones doing it to get ammo cuz yes that is kinda lame, but to punish people trying to find a server good for them is counter-productive to building the game too dont you think?

i for one wont d/c during combat (mostly cuz im out cold or dead) but tbh you have just as much chance of being killed as killing them and this isnt real life and i just respawn after anyways, its part of the game and yes i sometimes rage cuz ive collected a nice cache of gear only to die soon after but hey, what can you do right?

lol just logged in only to find the two precious morphines in my ALICE pack have magically transformed into oh-so-useful heatpacks....of course I only discovered this AFTER a passing Zed dutifully broke my leg by punching me in the face.

Will try pressing a hot towel to my fractured femur, you never know....!

i understand why its bad server hopping too but to punish EVERYONE thats hopping is kinda stupid too... some ppl dont wanna play on night time servers or have some nasty lag with other servers so it takes time to find the right server. im in no way justifying the ones doing it to get ammo cuz yes that is kinda lame' date=' but to punish people trying to find a server good for them is counter-productive to building the game too dont you think?

[/quote']

It doesn't have to be immediate. Just log in database the first and last 1-3 spawn places/objectives they search after connecting to a server.

Then once or twice a week, search the database for players who connect to 3-4 servers in a row and search one of the 1-3 loot spawn places.

Then punish them for a few days/a week, for example make them unable to run, or make them shake their hands and unable to cure it with painkillers, or make them faint every 3-5-10 minutes . Or randomly make some zombies see them much easier and/or spawn 2-3 times the normal zombies on them for a few days (make them waste the ammo they may get by cheating).

If you just search for a server that's not on night time, you won't get penalized as you didn't search any loot spawns.

Also another idea: if user disconnected from a previous server less than 3-5 minutes ago, when they connect to a server spawn them with broken bones that self heal in 5-10 minutes. If there was a survivor/bandit near them when they disconnected, spawn about 20-40 zombies around him on the new server.

i understand why its bad server hopping too but to punish EVERYONE thats hopping is kinda stupid too... some ppl dont wanna play on night time servers or have some nasty lag with other servers so it takes time to find the right server. im in no way justifying the ones doing it to get ammo cuz yes that is kinda lame' date=' but to punish people trying to find a server good for them is counter-productive to building the game too dont you think?

[/quote']

It doesn't have to be immediate. Just log on server the first and last 1-3 spawn places/objectives they search after connecting to a server.

Then once or twice a week, search the database for players who connect to 3-4 servers in a row and search one of the 1-3 loot spawn places.

Then punish them for a few days/a week, for example make them unable to run, or make them shake their hands and unable to cure it with painkillers, or make them faint every 3-5-10 minutes . Or randomly make some zombies see them much easier and/or spawn 2-3 times the normal zombies on them for a few days (make them waste the ammo they may get by cheating).

Or, instead of punishing, you could prevent.

Like this: Character stays on server for 20 seconds after logging out and freezes for 20 seconds after logging in. There, problem solved.

I have now had two instances where a zombie was inside a barn, once on the first floor, one time on the top, and as i alerted them (once from inside, once outside) they started running in a random direction, through the wall and fell to their death outside the barn.

Saved me a bunch of trouble but obviously is not suppose to happen.

There's many threads about this issue on the SUGGESTIONS section of the forum. Check em out. Suggestions that keep coming up are:

1) Have a timer on logout (20-30 seconds) where you can not move. Basically the incapacitated timer. Leaving you vulnerable for 30 seconds in that location.

This prevents the ever increasing easy loot exploit, which is haul ass into a building, hit escape -> Abort -> Disconnect. and TADA, no zombies. At the same time dealing with the PVP disconnect after being shot, or shot at issue. Which is rife.

It hurts the server hoppers slightly to, but not quite as bad. Depends where they are trying to get the loot from.

2) have a 5-15 minute lock out timer to other servers once you successfully connect to a server. Meaning you can disconnect / reconnect to the SAME server without penalty, but you can't get onto any other servers within this time frame.

Although high ping kicks would be much more annoying than they currently are.

imo both are good ideas to counter their separate issues, but how much strain it would cause on the HIVE, i'm not sure.

Its worth noting that i to have suggested a form of the 1st idea. but there are now many, many threads on the issue and the general consensus that comes out on top, without much against them are the above 2 suggestions. Rocket did try to implement a 5 second character stays in the world on disconnect, which didn't work (not sure why) seemed to be too easily exploited, by logging in and looting your own gear.

But with the kinks ironed out, it should work.

Rocket tried having the charactor say in the sever for 5 seconds before.

It didnt work' date=' charactor didnt stay as far as I know.

[/quote']

I think he was trying for a quick fix but it didn't stick. Maybe with some more work a solution could be made. Hence, suggestions.

This prevents the ever increasing easy loot exploit' date=' which is haul ass into a building, hit escape -> Abort -> Disconnect. and TADA, no zombies. At the same time dealing with the PVP disconnect after being shot, or shot at issue. Which is rife.[/quote']

AFAIK, that zombie exploit can't be fixed without major changes. Zombies are client-controlled, so once the client quits, zombies have to go away.

Until zomb... I mean the infected, stop phasing through walls with their super mega attack I think we should wait until we put a leash on server hopping. I will be honest to say I have disconnected due to having my ass handed to me by these infected with a cement wall force field and inter dimensional attacks through dang walls. I am happy to die when they can't walk or attack through solid material.