rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

how's it goin with the patch?will you add tent fix or we have to wait for next patch to be able to save our stuff in it?:

how's it goin with the patch?will you add tent fix or we have to wait for next patch to be able to save our stuff in it?:<

:huh:

Tents are working at the moment, well, mine is...

The goal should be ... 1000 slow zombies in a small town, with a smell and can detect you heard hundreds of meters. No 20 zombies that run a lot and cross the fence and climb stairs like a human ... This is ridiculous.

1000 zombies in pusta, for example. 10,000 in Cherno. Zombies with no legs, no arms, women zombies, zombie children. Please work on new models.

And Chernarus ... There's someone in here who is not tired of this place after playing a week?

Always the same places to avoid. Always born on the coast ... This starts to be boring. After a week playing you end up knowing all the towns and cities. Where to find X loot. Chernarus is a flat map. There are no large buildings, or a prison, or a river or a ravine that forces you to surround a great way to reach the other side ... Is monotone.

Vehicles. Limited by server? Most are controlled by clans which in turn are the administrators. Are all vehicles under their control.

Got it, Rocket? So a tip of a player. Stop fixing bugs (this according to you should be in the beta) and begins at once to create DAYZ.

The possibly best game of all time. So, do not mess around. It is in your hand.

ZOMBIES ARE TOO EASY! Holy crap.. Lets go back to 1.7.4. Broad daylight and I can run right past these guys. Give me a break. When zombies are as deadly or deadlier than bandits people will band together like they would in real life. Humans would stick with humans. This game has NO challenge. Lets do it rocket. At least give them better view distance.

+1

Here an old Russian saying: "Don't fear dead, beware of alive people".

And I can't remember... super AI was invented yesterday? No one game can offer deadly AI, than human brain. You cannot give to gamers full freedom, and force 'em to unite at the same time.

Just read again Rocket's vision of the mod.

The goal should be ... 1000 slow zombies in a small town' date=' with a smell and can detect you heard hundreds of meters. No 20 zombies that run a lot and cross the fence and climb stairs like a human ... This is ridiculous.

1000 zombies in pusta, for example. 10,000 in Cherno. Zombies with no legs, no arms, women zombies, zombie children. Please work on new models.

And Chernarus ... There's someone in here who is not tired of this place after playing a week?

Always the same places to avoid. Always born on the coast ... This starts to be boring. After a week playing you end up knowing all the towns and cities. Where to find X loot. Chernarus is a flat map. There are no large buildings, or a prison, or a river or a ravine that forces you to surround a great way to reach the other side ... Is monotone.

Vehicles. Limited by server? Most are controlled by clans which in turn are the administrators. Are all vehicles under their control.

Got it, Rocket? So a tip of a player. Stop fixing bugs (this according to you should be in the beta) and begins at once to create DAYZ.

The possibly best game of all time. So, do not mess around. It is in your hand.

[/quote']

OKAAAAY as long as u pay for 100+ super computers as servers i think it could be implemented.

1.7.1.5 works just fine.

not rly casue there is a HUGE loot bug!!!

and rocket knows that, and he trys too fix it

* [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)

Becuase 10,000 zombies wouldn't fuck up the performance completly. Yes it would 10 zombies fuck it up.

They can refine the zombies a lot. But they should still run at you. These zombies are zombies due to a virus right? A virus which leaves them with nothing but basic mamal instincts. They can run just fine, let's keep it at that.

What they should't be able to do is run around you and climp stuff as well as open doors teh conventional way, that's just stupid.

And stop working on bugs would leave this game with 5fps and everyone either starting in the ocean or the debug forrest. No one would play that. Alpha release still have to be playable.

Work on getting new stuff in as long as the game is playable, and in beta, you should do nothing but make the game run as smooth as you possibly can.

* [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)

Better yet, will dead bodies actually stay were they are for more than 10 seconds? Sometimes its fine, other times it not.

JohnMcClaine that was a rather unneccesary and completely offtopic regarding a patch that is due to release soon/ish.

You're absolutely right.

But after reading many pages of this thread where most people only claim fixes ... We are in an alpha. Where it is assumed that you have to create the game.

I read the log and I see? Fixes, fixes and more fixes ... They are mixing the process? They kept the news to ...?

What is the purpose? Fix the errors of small new features to rearrange those who appear to mix them with new ones? This would not be well ever.

Double work. And so no progress is possible.

No big problems what so ever.

But there is one huge frustration still not fixed. And that is the ammo drop problem.

Whenever you pick up a watch or or a kompass you drop all the ammo from your secondary weapon. This is really annoying in critic situations. Sometimes you even lose the items permanently when you drop them.

Also, the fact that when you put a weapon in your backpack it takes all the ammo with it. Ok if you have an empty bagpack. But when you dont have enough slots for your weapons ammo the ammo dissapears. Really frustrating when you swap you winchester to your bagpack with only 11 slots free, because you want to use your hatchet, you lose all the ammo that didnt fit in the bagpack.. Pleas fix this issue in the next patch

Better yet' date=' will dead bodies actually stay were they are for more than 10 seconds? Sometimes its fine, other times it not.

[/quote']

This. I thought the 'Flies' without bodies was a bug that had nothing to do with an actual dead player but I died in Komarovo and tried to retrieve my stuff a few minutes later and all I found in the place was the fly noise and nothing else.

Ammo bug in 1.7.1.5.

Rocket, you probably already have your sights on this bug, but just wanted to update so you have all the info.

Currently in 1.7.1.5 partially full magazines (ex. 1911 mags with 1-6 rounds) will be refilled to full when the player logs out and back in. This is pretty common info.

BUT... Partially full MP5SD mags will just be deleted. I have had this happen twice. Not asking for mags, just want you to know that I've seen it happen more than once. First time I just thought I'd fired more rounds than I remembered.

On a related point, can you please make other similar ammo types able to be converted like 1911/Revolver ammo can now. Need to add MP5SD/M9SD for example.

I understand the whole 28 days later virus that gives them basic instincts and a rage for human flesh, but lets consider the condition of Chernerus. It's been evacuated, supplies are running out so to speak, all that is left are zombies and hardly any fresh food for them. Unless this virus keeps their dead flesh from decaying, they shouldn't be sprinting faster than you.

Seeing as the evacuation took place and smoke has settled from wrecks, the zombies have been their a while. Fresh zombies would run at the mega super speed they do currently but the decaying zombies (currently none) should be slower in pace, seeing as their muscles are deteriorated.

All for fast zombies, but accurately depicted.

OKAAAAY as long as u pay for 100+ super computers as servers i think it could be implemented.

Telling me that in the year 2012. Computers with 4 processors. GPU 2GB of ram. Internet connections optical fiber 100 megs. It is impossible to create this? I do not think so.

So ... DayZ must be a realistic zombie game, where in a village of 1000 inhabitants there are only 50 zombies?

Telling me that in the year 2012. Computers with 4 processors. GPU 2GB of ram. Internet connections optical fiber 100 megs. It is impossible to create this? I do not think so.

So ... DayZ must be a realistic zombie game' date=' where in a village of 1000 inhabitants there are only 50 zombies?

[/quote']

If it was possible, it would be done. Don't be silly. =)

*cookie*

So ... DayZ must be a realistic zombie game' date=' where in a village of 1000 inhabitants there are only 50 zombies?

[/quote']

Have you played the game? When 5 zombies run about, your FPS drops dramaticly.

I hate to be this guy but.... Is it possible you could do something about the barbed wire spamming? It drives me crazy when i cant access a fire station or church or any lootable area in general because of the 6 spools on barbed wire that lay in the way. Moving through the already tricky back rooms of a shop is becoming impossible and it seems people are just placing it to be annoying rather than it serving any defensive purpose. It stays on the server for days and makes it really hard for anyone to get to the good stuff. Even if you have a toolbox, finding the dismantle option can be tricky and will almost certainly get you shot whilst you fumble around the middle mouse-wheel menu. Any chance you can change any of the mechanics a little?

I understand the whole 28 days later virus that gives them basic instincts and a rage for human flesh' date=' but lets consider the condition of Chernerus. It's been evacuated, supplies are running out so to speak, all that is left are zombies and hardly any fresh food for them. Unless this virus keeps their dead flesh from decaying, they shouldn't be sprinting faster than you.

Seeing as the evacuation took place and smoke has settled from wrecks, the zombies have been their a while. Fresh zombies would run at the mega super speed they do currently but the decaying zombies (currently none) should be slower in pace, seeing as their muscles are deteriorated.

[/quote']

Did you watch 28 Days Later? They are not dead, not decaying, they are alive but infected with some sort of rage-virus deal.

I assume it's the same in DayZ since Rocket calls them 'infected'.

I understand the whole 28 days later virus that gives them basic instincts and a rage for human flesh' date=' but lets consider the condition of Chernerus. It's been evacuated, supplies are running out so to speak, all that is left are zombies and hardly any fresh food for them. Unless this virus keeps their dead flesh from decaying, they shouldn't be sprinting faster than you.

[/quote']

Did you watch 28 Days Later? They are not dead, not decaying, they are alive but infected with some sort of rage-virus deal.

I assume it's the same in DayZ since Rocket calls them 'infected'.

That would also be true.

But now the zombies are like the Dead Snow zombies, way to fucking smart.