rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Also, agreed 100% - take the time to get the patch to how you like it before releasing!

Not releasing tonight guys' date=' sorry - I learned my lesson after the 1.7.1 debacle.

The bugs in the new system have been ironed out, but consequently the balancing is (again) all over the place. So tomorrow I need to spend some time adjusting the balancing, then we need to go through some serious closed testing.

Sorry guys, disappointing I know. But this means that I'll be able to squeeze some content in while it is being tested tomorrow. I'm off to sleep for a bit :)

[/quote'] your a god damn motherfuckin hero thats what u are..

Great to hear that things are being balanced before releasing 1.7.2.

Don't want another super zombie scenario...

Not releasing tonight guys' date=' sorry - I learned my lesson after the 1.7.1 debacle.

The bugs in the new system have been ironed out, but consequently the balancing is (again) all over the place. So tomorrow I need to spend some time adjusting the balancing, then we need to go through some serious closed testing.

Sorry guys, disappointing I know. But this means that I'll be able to squeeze some content in while it is being tested tomorrow. I'm off to sleep for a bit :)

[/quote'] your a god damn motherfuckin hero thats what u are..

No he isn't.

So you're saying' date=' when the zombie apocolypse happens, you expect you'll be able to wander into any town and fill up all your bags with food, drink, and various supplies, tools and weapons regardless of how many people raided the place before you? Good luck with that.

The way some people think about how thi9ngs should work in this mod is just amazing really.

[/quote']

I'm saying that most people would walk out of their house with food, water, weapons, various tools, and more likely than not an array of medical supplies, not to mention a fully functional vehicle...

The fact that anyone thinks someone would begin their survival with a backpack, a flashlight, a few doses of asprin, a bandage, and nothing else is pretty absurd.

I am by no means saying that's not how the mod should be, what I am saying is quit being an elitist troll just because someone thinks it should be different from the way it is.

Another thing, zombie apocalypse meet your end: Winter freeze

Sure hope chernarus is in the tropics

I agree

Mod is new so the following will probably be a moot point soon, but for the sake of discussion:

We had time to put on body armour(I know its the "model" but why not start in civilian clothes then?), EMPTY leg rigs etc and grab a backpack, we can operate any light firearm with ease and know basic first aid. Why wasn't our bag packed with basic gear? Or a weapon in our leg holster? Lost at sea swimming? Not likely. The only way i can justify this is if it's like some kind purgatory. Which would explain "plane shifting"(switching servers), weapons materializing, survival knowledge but lack of gear, "respawning" and finding your "dead" body etc. So until the mod is developed more and actually more realistic(no offense, but a Zed slaps your face and your femur, which is stronger than concrete and the strongest bone in your body, snaps in two instantly) I'm just meta-fluffing.

[/quote']

Don't worry Rocket and sleep well.

BTW Do you can address the wire everywhere problem?

Also DMR->Fn FAL will be nice.

Also of course more skin(including old bandit skin) and some weapons.

[/quote']

Don't worry Rocket and sleep well.

BTW Do you can address the wire everywhere problem?

Also DMR->Fn FAL will be nice.

Also of course more skin(including old bandit skin) and some weapons.

Agree about DMR <-> FAL and for more skins

I'm neutral about weapons, do it as you want:D

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage' date=' reduced amount of leg damage)

[/quote']

Damn, that sucks. I hope nerfs don't become common place. I really liked that Z had a chance to fuck you up beyond repair on any encounter. Made it so you had to carry plenty of supplies, be more careful. Now wtf...meh...oh well...alpha. Hope you harden this shit up at some point. :P

My Friend closed a door while I was going through it and broke my leg. Glad to see some investigation into the Leg damage, if even from zombies.

Thanks Rocket.

I have to repeat a suggestion I heard regarding the crossbow. Quiver, like to see 5 to 10 bolts per slot. Might change some of the dynamics .. or not.

* [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog

I don't understand this, fog actually dampens noise IRL... thought we were going for realism here. :huh:

[/quote']

Dear Rocket,

Please fix debug forest spawns, thnx!

Did you not read the changelog?

So, had an interesting bug early this morning. Around 3am, I was in Stary Sobor. Walking around, found a dead body of a player. Looted what I could use off of it, I decided to eat some food. When I ate the food, my debug monitor disappeared. Now, the last time that happened, the hearing and vision monitor wouldn't work, but this time it did, but it seemed to "lag" out.

Same with other item in my inventory, it would take a good 1-2 minutes for it to register commands. This didn't happen to the other group members at all. Eventually, I went into the military camp, looted it out a bit, then finally went up to the northern hill. Tried eating some food, to see if it would bring back the debug monitor, the food took again about 1-2 minutes before it actually ate and removed it from my inventory. About 3-5 minutes later, I magically appear right back to where I was, next to the dead player body, and my debug monitor had come back.

No idea what would have caused that, other than a hiccup to the character database, but it was very odd.

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage' date=' reduced amount of leg damage)

[/quote']

Damn, that sucks. I hope nerfs don't become common place. I really liked that Z had a chance to fuck you up beyond repair on any encounter. Made it so you had to carry plenty of supplies, be more careful. Now wtf...meh...oh well...alpha. Hope you harden this shit up at some point. :P

My Friend closed a door while I was going through it and broke my leg. Glad to see some investigation into the Leg damage, if even from zombies.

Oops...

Thanks Rocket.

I have to repeat a suggestion I heard regarding the crossbow. Quiver' date=' like to see 5 to 10 bolts per slot. Might change some of the dynamics .. or not.

[/quote']

Heh.. if they made quivers of bolts instead of individual bolts and put a damn scope on it I'd use nothing else.

* [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog

I don't understand this' date=' fog actually dampens noise IRL... thought we were going for realism here. :huh:

[/quote']

After reading your post I did a little research brought on because of personal experiences. This is an interesting article that conflicts with your statement and supports Rockets decision in this change.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_does_sound_carry_better_in_the_fog :D

Ya, just to clarify, which sedated said, fog carries sound, due to its dense and packed water molecules. Therefore trap in sound and carry a good distance.

wow 60 pages of fog centered discussion' date=' good job guys, really...

[/quote']

Wow a troll trying his best, but failing, good job guy, really....

Two minutes is way too short for animal despawn...

Is there any chance that this update will resolve the removed barbed wire/tank traps not staying removed after server restart issue?

It is starting to get kind of absurd.

Personally I think the zombie los/sound detection is pretty good at the moment. In movies etc zombies notice people at greater distances than in DayZ so there is no real need to complain about that. The only suggestion I have is maybe when they hear a sound like gunshots or footsteps, switch them to investigative mode rather than aggressive mode until they spot you visually or hear you make a more human like sound.

But again why only audibility??? Visibility is not shorten in rain??? i'm pretty sure it is so why not add it?