rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Hey rocket' date=' not sure if you caught my previous post, it got buried fairly quickly, but could you move the visibility and audibility icons so that they're not obscured by the debug monitor?

Thanks man!

[/quote']

Have you ever watched any Youtube vids or seen screenshots of other ppls icon placement ?

You would know it doesnt affect everyone.

The situation is a pebkac one or a ID-10T error ....

Goto options , video options , advanced , interface size.

Try the different sizes.

Layer 8 PICNIC wetware issue.

Someone (Alan) has served time in tech support....

I love how I list the names of scientists who showed sound isn't more audible in fog, yet nobody bothers to check, and they go on thinking it is.

Don't take my word for it, check the docs. No, yahoo answers doesn't count. There are many factors involved, it's not as simple as "sound travels faster in a denser medium", there's also the absorption of the sound wave, damping higher frequencies ("higher", in this case, being virtually any sound a person might make) among other things.

So yes, a foghorn MAY travel further, given certain combinations of atmospheric conditions, but even then it loses clarity, and we aren't foghorns anyway.

I'd like to see something done about the hatchet; I can only assume the crowbar is the same' date=' but I have never used one. It is way too strong. When I find one I play as recklessly as possible, knowing I can kill pretty much anything I aggro. I spawned east of Elektro and found one right away, and ran straight through town to get to my friends in Cherno, by the time I got to them I had 30 kills, 9000 blood and had only used one bandage. I was thinking, maybe take the hatchet and turn it into a thrown weapon? Making it so that I don't have 10000 swings with it, and if I miss im fucked. Right now the only real reason to have a gun is in the event of other players.

[/quote']

So in the event of a zombie apocalypse you'd ignore those silent melee weapons and quite happily run through town shooting zombies?

Seriously, if you need to shoot a zombie in this game, its because the plan has gone very wrong. It is not and should not be the norm.

It's not too strong. You will consistently take hits from zombies, meaning that you need to be willing to absorb the damage. Not to mention the potential for being knocked unconscious or having your leg broken or being shot by someone.

Theres 3 negatives to it right there.

I love how I list the names of scientists who showed sound isn't more audible in fog' date=' yet nobody bothers to check, and they go on thinking it is.

Don't take my word for it, check the docs. No, yahoo answers doesn't count. There are many factors involved, it's not as simple as "sound travels faster in a denser medium", there's also the absorption of the sound wave, damping higher frequencies ("higher", in this case, being virtually any sound a person might make) among other things.

So yes, a foghorn MAY travel further, given certain combinations of atmospheric conditions, but even then it loses clarity, and we aren't foghorns anyway.

[/quote']

I'm caustic by nature, so take with a grain of salt.

In all honesty, why would I care, or check?

It's an ancillary point about something unimportant related to a patch for a game I play.

I didn't want to waste the time, energy or brain space necessary to care.

You ruined that with your follow up post.

Thanks a lot...

:D

It's not too strong. You will consistently take hits from zombies' date=' meaning that you need to be willing to absorb the damage. Not to mention the potential for being knocked unconscious or having your leg broken or being shot by someone.

Theres 3 negatives to it right there.

[/quote']

I've noticed that you bleed/break bones far less frequently when wielding a melee weapon, or is the chance higher when you get hit moving? Either way melee is fucking awesome.

The current build has a bug that causes instantly respawning zombies, has that been noticed/addressed?

Hey rocket' date=' not sure if you caught my previous post, it got buried fairly quickly, but could you move the visibility and audibility icons so that they're not obscured by the debug monitor?

Thanks man!

[/quote']

Have you ever watched any Youtube vids or seen screenshots of other ppls icon placement ?

You would know it doesnt affect everyone.

The situation is a pebkac one or a ID-10T error ....

Goto options , video options , advanced , interface size.

Try the different sizes.

Calm down, skippy. I know you can adjust the interface size, but that also changes the the size of all the menus and the chat Window, making everything else too small to see when you're playing from the couch on a htpc.

The current build has a bug that causes instantly respawning zombies' date=' has that been noticed/addressed?

[/quote']

Yea, this is happening!

* [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun' date=' moon, cloud, rain, and fog state

* [NEW'] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog

What do we want to do with fog folks? +/- the sound you make?

Wait, DayZ has fog?? If so, news to me! :) Or is it something that's coming soon? I'm seriously wondering.

I mean, I've seen like distance draw type fog on the horizon, but never thick enough to where it really seemed like an actual weather effect type of real "fog" that I was inside of and had to deal with in any way. Maybe it's due to my older graphics card? Or is a thicker, more atmospheric fog actually coming to the game? Because I do think it'd be really creepy and awesome to have a more thick, rolling type of random fog effect here and there! Imagine walking through fog-shrouded woods at sunrise or sunset. Now that would be absolutely epic.

Will Fog be placed around the beach/shore region? To hide players spawning.

Awesome update Rocket!

So after not wanting to upgrade from 1.7.0 I figured we would do it...everything is Awesome...just Awesome.. But Zombies are way to fucking strong.

I got hit once' date=' -2000 blood loss , Knocked the fuck out, with broken legs and a concussion... Even Anderson Silva or 23 old Mike Tyson couldn't hit that hard.. its ridiculous.. zombies are weaker then humans by far please tone it down.. its unrealistic.

[/quote']

I dont know where you get the idea an Infected, insane person wouldnt be as strong as you. Have you ever heard about people who are so whacked out of their mind it takes 5 bullets or 6 guys to bring them down.

No, i think an Infected would knock the shit out of you.

BTW Rocket do you consider a removing barbed wire/tank trap/sandbags fro a moment?

They are completely broken now in the playable sense.

It used mostly to block lootable buildings to denied loot from people.

What do we want to do with fog folks? +/- the sound you make?

Minus the sound. The fog itself already increases difficulty.

Awesome update Rocket!

So after not wanting to upgrade from 1.7.0 I figured we would do it...everything is Awesome...just Awesome.. But Zombies are way to fucking strong.

I got hit once' date=' -2000 blood loss , Knocked the fuck out, with broken legs and a concussion... Even Anderson Silva or 23 old Mike Tyson couldn't hit that hard.. its ridiculous.. zombies are weaker then humans by far please tone it down.. its unrealistic.

[/quote']

I dont know where you get the idea an Infected, insane person wouldnt be as strong as you. Have you ever heard about people who are so whacked out of their mind it takes 5 bullets or 6 guys to bring them down.

No, i think an Infected would knock the shit out of you.

agreed. another big one is they dont feel pain, so they dont have to stop. their bodies dont have the same type of restrictions as we do. also they dont get tired.

Wait' date=' so moving in the rain just got quieter, that makes sense, but am i reading this right, moving in the fog got louder? How does fog make one more noisy?

[/quote']

Sound travels faster in fog because the water molecules are more densely packed and therefore transmit the vibrations easier.

It would be the same with rain if the rain splattering itself wasn't so loud.

I love how I list the names of scientists who showed sound isn't more audible in fog' date=' yet nobody bothers to check, and they go on thinking it is.

[/quote']

It's an ancillary point about something unimportant related to a patch for a game I play.

Thanks a lot...

I love it when people I'm clearly not referring to, who have nothing to do with it because, you know, they hadn't said anything regarding the topic of discussion, take the time, go out of their way even, to take offense and make non sequitur snide remarks. Yep, that's even better.

What about M18A1 with tripwire like in ACE? :rolleyes:

P.S: 5 watches in one market isn't a bit too much? :\

Wait' date=' so moving in the rain just got quieter, that makes sense, but am i reading this right, moving in the fog got louder? How does fog make one more noisy?

[/quote']

Sound travels faster in fog because the water molecules are more densely packed and therefore transmit the vibrations easier.

It would be the same with rain if the rain splattering itself wasn't so loud.

[/quote']

Thanks a lot...

I love it when people I'm clearly not referring to, who have nothing to do with it because, you know, they hadn't said anything regarding the topic of discussion, take the time, go out of their way even, to take offense and make non sequitur snide remarks. Yep, that's even better.

NO COMMENT...

Nice work ! Zed nerf was good, almost at the sweet spot i like.

No weapon spawn is very intense and fun to me and my buddies.

Little bit more morphine needed like said before.

Loot table is ok, found food, water, guns, packs, everything ok.

Did not have any server issues since i use six launcher ! (got the steam version)

I have an idia about the Zed respawn in towns.

would be cool if they would spawn like 100 meters away, running straight to the city from the fields, scanning the area to find you. Much better feel as popping up in front of you i guess. I would love to camp a town with friends, defending it every couple of minutes aginst a zombie wave commin 4 us. Not having an endless zombie single spawn horde spawning everywhere.

Thanks 4 all the effort u guys put in this mod!

My 2 cents

BTW Rocket do you consider a removing barbed wire/tank trap/sandbags fro a moment?

They are completely broken now in the playable sense.

It used mostly to block lootable buildings to denied loot from people.

True, but for my part, they deny me nothing! I always still get in. And usually make it a point to dismantle their blockades. :D But I know a lot of people just don't want the hassle so they instantly move on (in which case, the terrorists win).

still being spawned 35km into the middle of nowhere to the NW whats up with this...?

Awesome update Rocket!

[/quote']

i can just sign what you have written!

everything is fine except the zombies can still hit through walls, and the one hit sucker punch is a bit over the top, previously it was 9k blood or less that they can knock you out, now it doesn't matter if you have 12k or less, they just can one hit you and you are gone without a chance. stronger zeds ok, but that is a bit russian roulette atm.

For those having their Icons hidden behind the Debug Monitor, try bumping your resolution up. This will give your screen more space to display the HUD and Debug Monitor without shrinking down your HUD so small you can't even see it.

If anything you could even increase resolution and hud size!

I REALLY HOPE that the "super" zombies are finally away, its un fucking playable right now. They are super agressive and see you 150m away. It kills the game.....