rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Make fog affect your aim. Worse aim. For sound...silent except for your heartbeat and breathing.

What do we want to do with fog folks? +/- the sound you make?

First off, THANK YOU for your hard work!

Don't make it add too much sound plz!

Zombie dogs! and pet dogs that you can tame!

add the PMC as a small group on the island kind of like the umbrella corp from resident evil :D

No changes, but sound when prone. It always 1 bar, except when yoy shift+prone, there is none. But you cannot do that with side arm weapon in hands.

Or reduce noise when prone, or make it possible to be silent with pistol as much as the rifle.

Target date is Monday. Backup is for Saturday during offpeak time.

The update will include some new functionality. Currently' date=' it includes some leftover fixes from the end of 1.7.1

But I will be updating the progress here. 1.7.1.5 will remain all weekend, unless something serious happens.

This is the completed changelog so far:

Changelog:

* [FIXED'] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)

* [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)

* [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)

* [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)

* [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage)

* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)

* [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)

* [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue

* [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun, moon, cloud, rain, and fog state

* [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog

* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)

Well that sucks... So I'm stuck unable to play all weekend???

wtf.... Can't you guys just nuke my character so I can play again?

I'm stuck as an invisible player... I can kill everyone, kill zombies, and nobody can kill me as I don't bleed out, break bones, or need water/food...

I want to play - but the only way I can play is if I'm basically cheating.

Please nuke my character!!!! and/or make me non-inviso...

ds3_tdavisV2 is the steam name

tdavis is the game name...

PLEASE KILL ME!!!!!! Respawning DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do anything? It has no effect IRL. Leave it alone. Or make it so there's no birds chirping or whatever' date=' I suppose. That might lend it a creepier atmosphere. But the zombies shouldn't hear better or worse in it, nor should we.

[/quote']

I LOVE THIS, when theres fog the only sounds should be footsteps, all ambient noise should go away. super awesome.

Fog should only affect vision... sound should be the same...

Fog doesn't make more audio or less audio.

When it comes to fog, leave the sound as is. Perhaps lower the visibility of zeds by a little or not at all. Fog already works for limiting the visibility of the player.:D

No keep the ambient sounds, thats totally unlogical to remove.

make the rain changes, thats logical.

hmmmmm....

well technically it should decrease sound by a fraction of a percent.

fog = water in the air = something to absorb the sound that you make = makes less sound but this would apply to everything zombies too.

the footsteps in the rain could also change from crisp grass trampling to watery/mushing footsteps

Fog should only affect vision... sound should be the same...

Fog doesn't make more audio or less audio.

but it increases the range..

no?

I think fog shouldn't change the audibility at all as far as zombie aggro is concerned, but it would be kind of neat if there was a way to slightly muffle sounds somehow, including the ambient noise.

Also, can't say I've ever noticed before, but does night time have crickets and cicadas? If not that would be a neat addition.

Heck, bring on the crows and other carrion feeders that hang around dead bodies or something.

May i suggest disabling the random stick breaking and chain link fence hit noises, they alert you to nothing because nothing has caused it.

when theres fog the only sounds should be footsteps' date=' all ambient noise should go away.

[/quote']

May i suggest disabling the random stick breaking and chain link fence hit noises' date=' they alert you to nothing because nothing has caused it.

[/quote']

I agree with both of these suggestions.

May i suggest disabling the random stick breaking and chain link fence hit noises' date=' they alert you to nothing because nothing has caused it.

[/quote']

to me they are like reminding you to keep your eyes "open"

Complete and utter silence in thick fog, only sound ya hear is your own heart+footsteps... Maybe make it so zeds arent heard either until they are in visual range (assuming fog=low visual range i.e 50-100 m.

Naturally your own noice is then muffled as well...

Think that would bring us closer to pure horror.

Fog is slightly absorptive with regards to sound, particularly in higher frequencies. This would deaden sound a little, absorbing ambience and making it generally easier to pin-point sound at close distances. With this in mind, I would make Zombies more sensitive to sounds at close distance but less sensitive at greater distances. And reduce all other ambience/background SFX during fog.

* [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue

* [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun' date=' moon, cloud, rain, and fog state

* [NEW'] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog

* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)

Had a strange lighting experience last night. I was playing on a daytime server, lying under a forest canopy. If I looked to the north, the lighting dimmed 50% compared to the other compass points. It was almost dusk-like. Haven't had that happen so noticeably before.

Can we fix backpacks eating stuff when not enough room please?

Also, I also drop all my ammo when I pick up a tool belt item. (Flashlight, map, matches etc)

suggestion: Make the number of slots need show up when I mouse over anything that takes more than one slot.

As for the fog/sound thing. I say make noise slightly louder, but reduce vis (of course)

Oh and please stop making zombies spawn in barns. I had to pass up 2 in a row before I could find one without zeds. Kinda hard to pick up that gun when the 2 zombies hanging in the barn try to eat me when I go for the rifle.. not fair! :P

-Bones break from zombies too often

-Morphine is too scarce

-Im stuck 27 miles from the nearest town

the map is only 15km on a side drama queen...

my kingdom for a fucking compass!

Well as always thx for the work doing the updates

1.7.1.5 seems ok not had any major issues with items, couple of small things

Zombies seem to be confused whether they are walking or running inside buildings, bit of a stop go stop go scenario.

Not sure if thats meant to be or not

Had the odd issue with crowbars that i cant pick up its there on the ground but no menu to scroll to grab it.

I like the choice between hand or belt thats much better.

Bad points and its just my opinion

Just done 4 or 5 deaths (lost count)

Ive survived for a while on some of them found ammo and other bits even a tin of beans!.

Hmm how many zombies did i kill in those 5 deaths, just 1

and that was the very last attempt before i said fuck it and go find something else to do.

Im an experienced gamer over 20 years worth and i know this is trying to be real as possible so dont even bother kicking off to diss me just because i opened my mouth.

The game is too hard, not because of the zombies but because there is nothing to pick up

The one axe i did find i was already being attacked when i did get it and got killed through blood loss etc

Either give us a stick or bat to start with so we have half a chance and/or turn up the finds...

Over the 5 deaths i found a few rounds 2 water bottles and not much else

room after room of nothing.

It sucks big time.

I like poking about buildings finding goodies that's my style of play but this is just depressing..

We probably had it too good in the earlier patches lots of stuff about but its too far the other way now.

So please and im asking for it to be considered (rocket and other devs), please look at adding stuff more frequently.

As it stands now people will drift away as the game has become tedious and soul destroying over and over again with nothing to be found.

And on a side note think also what it must be like for noobs, yes i know its alpha ffs look at the bigger picture, if this was a game right now it would fail the learning curve is too high for noobs.

Ive been playing about 3 weeks now or so and this is the first time i really cant be bothered to play. so plz do something to make this great again..

Here's hoping

ps to the dickhead who found me passed out in the fire station on the floor at electro and casually clubbed me to death with a crowbar thx (really big of you)