rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

THIS

come on rocket let us have a gun at spawn please.

are you some sort of 5 year old GIRL!?

Man up for the love of all that is good in this world!

are you some sort of idiot?

weapons hardly spawn.

and man up? its a video game

It was a light hearted joke' date=' calm down big boy.

As for the gun, Rocket has said "never again" or words to that effect I believe.

[/quote']

WHEN did rocket say he would never put a gun in the spawn again?

He said it on the forums a while ago after one of the recent patches, loads of people crying about not having a gun, i could find the post but it would take me ages.

Its an alpha, just accept what you are given for now, its nothing game breaking. Line of sight is a huge advantage and avoiding zombies isn't too taxing.

weapons hardly spawn.

Actually it's a Zombie Apocalypse Simulator seeing as Arma 2 is a Military Simulator and not a Military Video Game i.e. CoD/BF. I for one like spawning with no gun, gives it an extra element to survival.

No not this.

Please Rocket do NOT give us a gun at spawn. You have such a awesome feeling of accomplishment when you earn what you have. Your level is your gear. This game is about loot and survival. There are plenty of guns on the map and very assessable. You have to learn to take your time. Its laughable to think because you have a gun from the beginning will make you a better survivor.

I've started with a gun and without and believe me I'm a better survivor having learned how to survive until I can defend myself.

Let me ask you this' date=' what would you ever do if you some how ran out of ammo?3

I guess next people will be asking to start with the alice pack too.

[/quote']

Nobody ever said the better survivor is the one with the better weapon. New players at DayZ won't stand a chance to play the game until a week at least (yes,a week,cause a lot of people are buying ArmA just to play DayZ),without counting the inumerous zombie changes in the hotfixes.

People need at least a melee weapon to start off. I already learned to walk from the zombies without being noticed,but thing is that zombies still aggro from inimagible places (because it's an alpha).

It is easy enough to either lose zombies in a building...

well I think they're trying to fix that also, by making it so the zeds run fast indoors as well. granted you might still be able to use buildings to lose them, but I don't think you're gonna be able to run into a long barn with a posse of zeds and the walk out the other side with none

that being said I have no problem spawning without a gun

weapons hardly spawn.

Actually it's a Zombie Apocalypse Simulator seeing as Arma 2 is a Military Simulator and not a Military Video Game i.e. CoD/BF. I for one like spawning with no gun' date=' gives it an extra element to survival.

[/quote']

Wrong,DayZ is not a zombie simulator.

First of all,zombies DO NOT: Run a marathon/Climb stairs/Open doors.

Second of all,if it WERE a zombie simulator,you should start at a random house close to the coast,with at least a melee weapon,food,water and flashlight. Can you tell me someone who doesn't have any KNIFES at home?

Third of all,loot spawns aren't realistic. Who would find a shotgun at the supermarket or ammo at schools?

meh' date=' nothing new for players, good fixes though, not enough reverts, we need reverts rocket

[/quote']

THIS

weapons hardly spawn.

Weapons hardly spawn? Bullshit.

In the 3 times I've spawned since the no-gun update I've gotten a gun within 10 minutes each time.

Stop playing like an idiot. It really isn't THAT hard.

No not this.

Please Rocket do NOT give us a gun at spawn. You have such a awesome feeling of accomplishment when you earn what you have. Your level is your gear. This game is about loot and survival. There are plenty of guns on the map and very assessable. You have to learn to take your time. Its laughable to think because you have a gun from the beginning will make you a better survivor.

I've started with a gun and without and believe me I'm a better survivor having learned how to survive until I can defend myself.

Let me ask you this' date=' what would you ever do if you some how ran out of ammo?3

I guess next people will be asking to start with the alice pack too.

[/quote']

Nobody ever said the better survivor is the one with the better weapon. New players at DayZ won't stand a chance to play the game until a week at least (yes,a week,cause a lot of people are buying ArmA just to play DayZ),without counting the inumerous zombie changes in the hotfixes.

People need at least a melee weapon to start off. I already learned to walk from the zombies without being noticed,but thing is that zombies still aggro from inimagible places (because it's an alpha).

In one of rockets recent interviews he talks about games like LFD and how you go about the game not really caring if you die. He wanted to combat this and make you invest into your character, he wants you to have an attachment to what you achieve and to feel a sense of loss if you end up dead. He wants the game to be tough, if he wanted to churn out another mindless "shoot at everything" zombie game then he wouldn't have chosen ARMA as his mod platform. I think having nothing when you spawn is great, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Take your time, sneak around and head away from the coast! :D

meh' date=' nothing new for players, good fixes though, not enough reverts, we need reverts rocket

[/quote']

THIS

weapons hardly spawn.

It was a light hearted joke, calm down big boy.

As for the gun, Rocket has said "never again" or words to that effect I believe.

ï dont think anyway he would survive any longer with a gun. btw. if you have no gun or pistol or melee weapon after 5minutes. your doing it wrong.

this game has a BIG learning curve. its not like your mum can jump in and frag like in cod or bf.

This is a huge thread, I suppose I'll add to it since its a bandwagon :

I like starting without guns.

1) People are less likely to shoot you because they know you don't have much. (unless they are griefers) This will also help teamwork building.

2) As someone mentioned before, you feel like you've earned it.

3) Its realistic. Its a simple fact that if a zombie apocalypse or whatever survival situation comes up, you will not be expecting it and you will not have time to grab much. Providing there are some people that are straight out of the show "Doomsday Preppers", you will most likely not have your supplies that you so carefully prepared and stashed near your location when the $&%t hits the fan.

Rocket you are awesome. Thanks for your time and dedication... we all appreciate you but the fact is most people just don't understand the art of positive criticism, they usually mangle it all up and it comes out as garbage. :angel:

Please reduce the infinite, instantanious zombie respawning issue.

Swarms of infected is awesome, but when you blow all your ammo gunning down two dozen of them and magically, they all respawn again = extremely annoying.

[/quote']

THIS

No!

You shouldnt be able to simply respawn to get fresh magazines and full health.

It is easy enough to either lose zombies in a building or find a hatchet and fight them.

You should start with something, like a crowbar or invisible melee weapon "Push", if this is a simulator then you should be able to grapple/punch/kick. You literally have no way to defend yourself other than run-find weapon/stealth-find weapon/Receive items from friends. The problem is that there isn't a default for this. You start unarmed and essentially "let" the zombis attack you if they are close enough. You just stand there if you're trapped. Almost every time this happens or when I'm switching to the hatchet I think: "DAMN THESE HANDS! If only the could do something by themselves! I only know how to hold and operate things. Ever since I learned telekinesis to open doors... Maybe if I could make a some sort of bludgeon with them and hit things..." :|

It's ARMA, I went over this pages back, it's not meant for Apocalyptic Survival Simulation or hand-to-hand. It's either "augment" the realism and add at least hand-to-hand or be forced to limit it to arcade like phases of ability.

This is a huge thread' date=' I suppose I'll add to it since its a bandwagon :

1) People are less likely to shoot you because they know you don't have much. (unless they are griefers) This will also help teamwork building.

3) Its realistic. Its a simple fact that if a zombie apocalypse or whatever survival situation comes up, you will not be expecting it and you will not have time to grab much. Providing there are some people that are straight out of the show "Doomsday Preppers", you will most likely not have your supplies that you so carefully prepared and stashed near your location when the $&%t hits the fan.

Rocket you are awesome. Thanks for your time and dedication... we all appreciate you but the fact is most people just don't understand the art of positive criticism, they usually mangle it all up and it comes out as garbage. :angel:

[/quote']

To the third point,i'm just gonna copy to my last post:

Second of all,if it WERE a zombie simulator or realistic,you should start at a random house close to the coast,with at least a melee weapon,food,water and flashlight. Can you tell me someone who doesn't have any KNIFES at home?

Direct Chat dont work.

I cant chat now...

How can i say friendly to others? Without chat this is a ultimate shoot on sight party!

Rocket fix this plox!

ï dont think anyway he would survive any longer with a gun. btw. if you have no gun or pistol or melee weapon after 5minutes. your doing it wrong.

this game has a BIG learning curve. its not like your mum can jump in and frag like in cod or bf.

I actually played CoD with my mother yesterday. She couldn't figure out how to coordinate the left and right stick to move and look at the same time (yeah, I play on a console).

She had fun though.

3) Its realistic. Its a simple fact that if a zombie apocalypse or whatever survival situation comes up.

You are a survivor because you were able to get well prepared.

3) Its realistic. Its a simple fact that if a zombie apocalypse or whatever survival situation comes up.

Maybe you lost it all. Maybe you didn't have anything at hand when it began. Maybe you wanted the challenge. :)

This is a huge thread' date=' I suppose I'll add to it since its a bandwagon :

[/quote']

To the third point,i'm just gonna copy to my last post:

Second of all,if it WERE a zombie simulator or realistic,you should start at a random house close to the coast,with at least a melee weapon,food,water and flashlight. Can you tell me someone who doesn't have any KNIFES at home?

Indeed.

Realism? I materialize on the coast of a country full of the undead, wearing body armour and empty leg rigs, can operate any weapons I find, heal any laceration with a bandage, mend a broken femur with morphine, carry helo rotors in my pocket, repair vehicles with junk yet I can't melee unless I have a hatchet or crowbar? "I have Word-Class weapon training but how do I use fist?" Edit: Also I rematerialize when I die and can loot my body.

Right now you can't call this Mod entirely realistic, just a simulator. I do love it, it's just easy to lose the feeling of realism the second I can't rifle stroke a Zed.

Side Note: However if there was a reason for having little equipment... Infiltration all weapons and gear OSP had to do an objective then exfiltrate... Come back with some bonus item or loot. Make it nigh-impossible to do alone, boom teamwork reward.

Side note to the side note: This is Alpha-Stage, save it for the Beta.

Exactly. If a zombie apocalypse starts NOW,you probably gonna have a KNIFE,FOOD,WATER,BACKPACKS,FLASHLIGHT,MATCHES AND BANDAGES. Everyone here have all the things I just said. I doubt a survivor in a zombie apocalypse would only have painkillers and a bandage.

Matches? Lighters ftw. THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY BRO WE HAVE HIGH TECH TO CARESS OUR CIVILISED BALLS WITH NOW

Exactly. If a zombie apocalypse starts NOW' date='you probably gonna have a KNIFE,FOOD,WATER,BACKPACKS,FLASHLIGHT,MATCHES AND BANDAGES. Everyone here have all the things I just said. I doubt a survivor in a zombie apocalypse would only have painkillers and a bandage.

[/quote']

Im in Texas, I have many many guns ready for the first wave ;)

I like no weapon at start because it adds value to the experience. The mak is actually a weapon to care about now (always was being as quiet as it is), and how many people out their have morphine in their medicine cabinet?(besides the point)

Players are less inclined to quit and respawn a hurt character because they loose that much more.

Makes the experience focus on prioritization of needs, scavenging, and survival, not who can best use their "Bug Out Bag."

Also forces all players to scavenge before going inland. Fresh spawns don't have the supplies to just bolt for the airfields from the word GO anymore.

Saying this, I wouldn't mind starting players with a melee weapon of some sort. For the simulation people out there, melee weapons would be the easiest to find (How many people out there own a shovel?).

your situation is never explained. maybe you wash up on shore and that's all you got

and obviously sacrifices to realism have to be made to make it a challenge. you can't have every house have a weapon, water/soda, and food