rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

OKAAAAY as long as u pay for 100+ super computers as servers i think it could be implemented.

Telling me that in the year 2012. Computers with 4 processors. GPU 2GB of ram. Internet connections optical fiber 100 megs. It is impossible to create this? I do not think so.

So ... DayZ must be a realistic zombie game' date=' where in a village of 1000 inhabitants there are only 50 zombies?

[/quote']

If it was possible, it would be done. Don't be silly. =)

*cookie*

AAaaaahh deception. I thought the cause of non-evolution of pc gaming are consoles. We are more retarded than I thought.

i should buy an xbox :D

today i shot a player at nw airfield and the body sunk into the ground immediately.

maybe bug?

* [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)

His name was Bob, he died because you riddled him with bullets. You b*st*rd

Police Version:

His name was John, he committed suicide by shooting himself in the back 16 times.

:P

BTW is there going to be any sort of fix to the glitching zombie animations? or whatever is causing the infected to do minor teleportation tricks? So annoying when you're lined up to pop one coming at you and they matrix your bullets.

Neat!

I am really looking forward to this update though. I got killed by two different debug forest killers this week, first I lost a camouflaged svd and guillie suit, then later on nvg's and m16 cco sd (or whatever) in the process. Also had full gear on that last character with normal camouflage :( Really felt shocked when I saw the 'you're dead' screen with 11400 blood still on the counter after I fell down while running around in the woods by myself.

* [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)

His name was Bob' date=' he died because you riddled him with bullets. You b*st*rd

Police Version:

His name was John, he committed suicide by shooting himself in the back 16 times.

[/quote']

Lol!!

what is the usefulness of this feature? Knowing the reason for death? Know if you've killed a zombie or a player? It should be clear the difference between a corpse devoured by zombies one shot by a player. To the naked eye. Without doing an autopsy. Modeling!!!

I hate to be this guy but.... Is it possible you could do something about the barbed wire spamming? It drives me crazy when i cant access a fire station or church or any lootable area in general because of the 6 spools on barbed wire that lay in the way. Moving through the already tricky back rooms of a shop is becoming impossible and it seems people are just placing it to be annoying rather than it serving any defensive purpose. It stays on the server for days and makes it really hard for anyone to get to the good stuff. Even if you have a toolbox' date=' finding the dismantle option can be tricky and will almost certainly get you shot whilst you fumble around the middle mouse-wheel menu. Any chance you can change any of the mechanics a little?

[/quote']

seems like a good reason to find a toolbox to me.

His name was Bob' date=' he died because you riddled him with bullets. You b*st*rd

Police Version:

[/quote']

Lol!!

what is the usefulness of this feature? Knowing the reason for death? Know if you've killed a zombie or a player? It should be clear the difference between a corpse devoured by zombies one shot by a player. To the naked eye. Without doing an autopsy. Modeling!!!

It's just a fun little feature. I rather like the idea of it.

Any chance to sneak a fix in this update to stop player bodies from disappearing when they disconnect :) ?

zombies are using ultra-sensitive x-ray views and headphones, and yet they drink energy, despite the fact that they all rotted

Police Version:

[/quote']

Lol!!

well it's not useless, it would allow you to know if there is a bandit that could be in the area :p

Does 6 updater keep the beta patch up to date?

I hate to be this guy but.... Is it possible you could do something about the barbed wire spamming? It drives me crazy when i cant access a fire station or church or any lootable area in general because of the 6 spools on barbed wire that lay in the way. Moving through the already tricky back rooms of a shop is becoming impossible and it seems people are just placing it to be annoying rather than it serving any defensive purpose. It stays on the server for days and makes it really hard for anyone to get to the good stuff. Even if you have a toolbox' date=' finding the dismantle option can be tricky and will almost certainly get you shot whilst you fumble around the middle mouse-wheel menu. Any chance you can change any of the mechanics a little?

[/quote']

seems like a good reason to find a toolbox to me.

No need in toolbox, just go to another server, pass that blocked place... profit

* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation

Big win with the new infected targeting methods!

Now I am tweaking values. They will now have the CHANCE to detect you from much further away visually, but this rises and falls based exponentially on how close you are versus how visible you are. So if you are visible at 120m, and at 110m, you have a very low (but still possible) chance that you will be spotted. The longer you stay there the greater the chance of being spotted.

Just a bug/exploit I noticed when I stand on top of trash heap I become extremely hidden especially inside large builds even with zombies in front they will roam away.

Now I am tweaking values. They will now have the CHANCE to detect you from much further away visually' date=' but this rises and falls based exponentially on how close you are versus how visible you are. So if you are visible at 120m, and at 110m, you have a very low (but still possible) chance that you will be spotted. The longer you stay there the greater the chance of being spotted.

[/quote']

and about the barbed wire? this has to be addressed, it's just becoming annoying, and spoiling the game, period.

I was just checking the weapons wiki. I think the beretta M9 should be more common in terms of spawn and ammo spawn. Might as well have something that slots between the makarov and the de-facto 1911/Revolver that everyone takes!

PLEASE FIX two of the following bugs:

1. Sound of flies when there is no body. Explanation could be - hidden bodies still make flies sound.

2. I dont know if its a bug or a server problems, but if you shoot someone 20 times the person doesnt die, but lays on the ground bleeding and not moving. Any amount of bullets doest kill. You have to wait for minutes before he dies. The ping was 60 ms, why did it took so long? Slow servers ?

Now I am tweaking values. They will now have the CHANCE to detect you from much further away visually' date=' but this rises and falls based exponentially on how close you are versus how visible you are. So if you are visible at 120m, and at 110m, you have a very low (but still possible) chance that you will be spotted. The longer you stay there the greater the chance of being spotted.

[/quote']

Interesting. BUT that should be a CHANCE, not mainstream)

In your pre-release testing, does the new spotting feel organic? Also, how's the CPU load compare to previous detection?

[/quote']

Cue furious players screaming because they were spotted at distance...

Can infected see through bushes and long grass?

My feeling is that it is much better, they spot you much more easily when you expect to be spotted (you're in the open). But they don't spot you as much when you're hidden from them. It's no longer a digital thing, for example being prone in front of an infected doesn't make you invisible. If an infected is close to someone who is in prone, they will eventually see them.

[/quote']

Would it be an option for them to shamble in your direction rather than run at full pelt in such a (distanced) situation i.e. they've spotted something and want a closer look. Would lead to that, 'uh oh better get out of here feeling' when they all turn an look in your direction! :)

[/quote']

Would it be an option for them to shamble in your direction rather than run at full pelt in such a situation i.e. they've spotted something and want a closer look. Would lead to that, 'uh oh better get out of here feeling' when they all turn an look in your direction! :)

I like this idea ;)

What would be cool is that when zombies see you when you're sneaking or staying still they would first walk towards you. When they are close enough they would start sprinting and if you run they would immediately run.