rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Easiest solution to the barbed wire epidemic is allow people to remove it, as you let them place it. With nothing.

You dont need a toolbox to assemble it, so why to disassemble?

Toolboxes are like maps/compasses, they're semi-rare. Although the freak times you'll find 2 or 3 in the same building due to the way loot is generated. I've gone days literally without finding a toolbox, and then finding 2 in 2 buildings after that. So think before you post They aint hard to find! (both occasions in the 1.7.1.5 patch)

It couldn't matter if they were common either, the simple truth is you find 40x the wire to every toolbox seen, and 100x the barbed wires placed at firestations/churches even the bloody toilets at the back of houses! it's getting silly.

Don't remove the wire, as it's good for the bases as stated, just make it so anyone can remove it without the need of a toolbox. This just takes x amount of seconds to perform the removal action and creates a noise. So you can still use it to "trap" people.

Rocket, instead of adding a little more content while the latest patch is in testing, how about you fix more bugs instead. Preferably the zombies walking through walls/doors/fences bug.

Save the content for later, these gamebreaking bugs have to be ironed out yesterday

Any way we could make it so that Infected can't knock you out unless you are below a certain blood threshold? Getting 1-shot isn't really fair considering how buggy Infected still are.

Also, can we look forward to some sort of fix for Infected pathing? Right now they literally run in a triangle when they aggro to you.. so weird.

Can we get a slight buff in gun drop rate? I crawled through ALL of Elektro yesterday, including the schoolyard, firestation and almost all of the buildings and didn't stumble upon anything but cans and ammo. It seems like the gun to player ratio is very off, not enough to deserve a huge increase, but it definitely deems a small increase in gun spawn rate.

Can tent inventory be displayed like player's inventory? At least have the tent to have count of empty slots like bags... It is so hard to know how many slots are left for tents... I know there are 50 slots' date=' but each time I put in items, i have to count and see if items will fit :S

[/quote']

i love this idea!

Can we get a slight buff in gun drop rate? I crawled through ALL of Elektro yesterday' date=' including the schoolyard, firestation and almost all of the buildings and didn't stumble upon anything but cans and ammo. It seems like the gun to player ratio is very off, not enough to deserve a huge increase, but it definitely deems a small increase in gun spawn rate.

[/quote']

Well, I think it would make sense to minimize the amount of weapons available in cities. I'm not sure about most places, but along the east coast of the United States... large cities and states with large cities have pretty strict gun-control laws.

Not using that as a justification, but I think you should have a pretty slim chance of finding a full-blown assault rifle in the city... post-Soviet or not.

Can we get a slight buff in gun drop rate? I crawled through ALL of Elektro yesterday' date=' including the schoolyard, firestation and almost all of the buildings and didn't stumble upon anything but cans and ammo. It seems like the gun to player ratio is very off, not enough to deserve a huge increase, but it definitely deems a small increase in gun spawn rate.

[/quote']

Well, I think it would make sense to minimize the amount of weapons available in cities. I'm not sure about most places, but along the east coast of the United States... large cities and states with large cities have pretty strict gun-control laws.

Not using that as a justification, but I think you should have a pretty slim chance of finding a full-blown assault rifle in the city... post-Soviet or not.

Well... It is Russia.

Can anyone show me (screen shot or short vid sent in a pm) a barbed wire constructed base? I have never seen one so it would be nice to see what is possible. Even so though, I'd say remove them 'cause dbag placement > bases anyway...plus the glitches they cause rape my eyes! My eyes do not like to be raped! Maybe sometime later when the glitches/placement gets worked out add them back. I don't know, it just sucks atm.

[/quote']

Well... It is Russia.

Hence why I said "Not using that as a justification" and "post-Soviet or not".

Russian weapons proliferation may be lax, but I'm willing to bet that the majority of weapons, particularly assault weapons, are in rural areas and military installations. Not in cities.

Plus, from a gameplay perspective, it would make sense to get people out of the cities. Which, would alleviate a lot of the bitching and crying that we all love.

might be the wrong thread to post this buy anyway:

the akm mag says is used by AKM and AKS(AKC?). i found akm but never found aks and any info about it on sites. so what is up with this gun? will it be implemented? or it was removed?

A brief summary of my last 72 hours in DayZ: spawn, find a weapon and some other shit, get pissed off by barbed wire cities, get aggroed, break leg, crawl a bit looking in vain for morphine, die, respawn.....ad infinitum, life expectancy <1 hour.....

or in less descriptive language:

UPDATE PLEEAASSE ROCKET!!!!

Rocket' date=' instead of adding a little more content while the latest patch is in testing, how about you fix more bugs instead. Preferably the zombies walking through walls/doors/fences bug.

Save the content for later, these gamebreaking bugs have to be ironed out yesterday

[/quote']

It's a mod in alpha stage. Zombies walking through walls/doors/fences is judging from how things are going not gamebreaking and most likely engine related.

Oh and where is it written that zombies can't open doors? In the made up book of rules about fictional monsters? Or are you one of those guys that will scream "IMPOSSIBLE" moments before a zombie rips you open after it opened the door you're hiding behind, you know...when something like a zombie apocalypse should actually ever see the light of the day?

* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)

This will (obviously) add scarcity to ammo. In terms of rebalancing' date=' it might be worth implementing ammo conversions between other compatible types of rounds (in addition to .45 ACP).

[/quote']

Yes please, add the ammo conversion for the same calibers weapons, especially for those 9mm ones .. ie: makarov > bizon .. they are exactly the same bullets, while the bizon mags are impossible to find (on the other side the STANAG SD in example are pretty common and much more effective).

But you also have to consider that different weapons have different damage values assigned to them. The Makarov and Bizon do use the same ammunition but the damage caused by the Bizon is much greater than the Makarov. I understand the idea but it could make those with Bizons extremely OP if they could waste as much ammo as they wanted if all they have to do is convert Makarov magazines.

Nope, they do exactly the same damage (caliber counts in Arma2, not the weapon). And i can assure tou that the M4 SD is much more effective than a Bizon (ie: the bizon sucks bad in PvP, while the M4 still good), i own both.. but it sounds a little stupid to abandon a weapon because the mags aren't available (same for the FAL).

Both the makarov and the bizon can shoot these ammo:

B_9x18_Ball

B_9x18_SD

They inflict the damage this ammo inflict and that's it.

Getting a bit fed up of the mod at the moment, not saying it should be perfect I know it's an alpha but breaking legs and making a zombie aggro when I'm crawling a mile away from them just ruin it, especially after trekking with a friend for 2 hours and losing everything. Hopefully this next patch will fix some things and help me to start having fun again :)

yes please make a new backup rocket so its closer to release :D Or unleash the hounds of whining on where is my gear!!! if it all goes tits up.

* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)

This will (obviously) add scarcity to ammo. In terms of rebalancing' date=' it might be worth implementing ammo conversions between other compatible types of rounds (in addition to .45 ACP).

[/quote']

Yes please, add the ammo conversion for the same calibers weapons, especially for those 9mm ones .. ie: makarov > bizon .. they are exactly the same bullets, while the bizon mags are impossible to find (on the other side the STANAG SD in example are pretty common and much more effective).

But you also have to consider that different weapons have different damage values assigned to them. The Makarov and Bizon do use the same ammunition but the damage caused by the Bizon is much greater than the Makarov. I understand the idea but it could make those with Bizons extremely OP if they could waste as much ammo as they wanted if all they have to do is convert Makarov magazines.

Nope, they do exactly the same damage (caliber counts in Arma2, not the weapon). And i can assure tou that the M4 SD is much more effective than a Bizon (ie: the bizon sucks bad in PvP, while the M4 still good), i own both.. but it sounds a little stupid to abandon a weapon because the mags aren't available (same for the FAL).

I stand corrected. I should have known that Arma would be as accurate to keep damage uniform across the calibers of ammunition. Although the Bizon has a much longer barrel length, which would result in greater accuracy and muzzle velocity compared to the Makarov barrel

There should be a lengthy (but not too lengthy) animation between all conversions, as of now you can convert 8 magazines of .45 to 8 speed loaders of .45 with the blink of an eye.

Rocket' date=' instead of adding a little more content while the latest patch is in testing, how about you fix more bugs instead. Preferably the zombies walking through walls/doors/fences bug.

[/quote']

It's a mod in alpha stage. Zombies walking through walls/doors/fences is judging from how things are going not gamebreaking and most likely engine related.

Oh and where is it written that zombies can't open doors? In the made up book of rules about fictional monsters? Or are you one of those guys that will scream "IMPOSSIBLE" moments before a zombie rips you open after it opened the door you're hiding behind, you know...when something like a zombie apocalypse should actually ever see the light of the day?

I would have worded it differently myself but he just said what a lot of us are thinking. Also, I can dig zombies opening doors but most of the time they walk right through them. I'm not even going to rehash the hitting through walls bug that we all experience.

That said:

dayzdevteam @HollanderCooper experiment only just beginning :) But I need to recover the situation from the mess that was 1.7.1. So lots of bug fixing.

dayzdevteam @anthraxmoh focus right now is on bugs and fixing stability issues. Hopefully soon I can actually start back into putting special stuff in.

Barbed wire and tank trap emplacement wouldn't actually be a huge issue if they were actually removed from the master server's database when you destroy/remove them. Currently all that happens is they pop back up when the server restarts in the same location.

Same thing goes for flattened tents.

I would have worded it differently myself but he just said what a lot of us are thinking. Also' date=' I can dig zombies opening doors but most of the time they walk right through them. I'm not even going to rehash the hitting through walls bug that we all experience.

[/quote']

It always makes me laugh when zombies close the door just so that they can walk through it.

I can't place a damn tent ANYWHERE. Every time I get the message that it must be on flat ground and free of other items.

I have tried placing them in wide open fields, on mountains, on streets, on the airstrip (not much flatter than that), ect.

How exactly do you place them?