rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

May i suggest adding a confirmation dialog box to the "Respawn" button in the ESC menu?

I have killed myself 3 times by misclicks. It's a truly terrifying experience.

In addition to tweaking leg damage from zombies you could also do something about the bleeding. It's stupid that half of the time a zombie hits you it cuts a major artery and you bleed out in a couple of minutes.

I dont mind the zombies doing more damage' date=' but the bleeding effect is just stupid at the time. You should bleed heavily when shot and in rare cases a zombie hits you, but not almost every time you're shoved by a Zed.

[/quote']

+100. Every third hit making your bleed is absurd. You could increase the damage from zombies but decrease the bleeding.

And remove broken legs from zombies. Unrealistic and frustrating.

In addition to tweaking leg damage from zombies you could also do something about the bleeding. It's stupid that half of the time a zombie hits you it cuts a major artery and you bleed out in a couple of minutes.

I dont mind the zombies doing more damage' date=' but the bleeding effect is just stupid at the time. You should bleed heavily when shot and in rare cases a zombie hits you, but not almost every time you're shoved by a Zed.

[/quote']

+100. Every third hit making your bleed is absurd. You could increase the damage from zombies but decrease the bleeding.

-101 You shouldn't have any contact with the Zombies. If you do so you should be as good as dead. So keep of them.

May i suggest adding a confirmation dialog box to the "Respawn" button in the ESC menu?

I have killed myself fully geared out 3 times by misclicks.

I secound this. It is weird that you have to confirm "Abort" but "Respawn" is instant. Killed me once and was very pissed. I think you have to give this to ArmA 2 itself though. ^^

I have killed myself fully geared out 3 times by misclicks.

I secound this. It is weird that you have to confirm "Abort" but "Respawn" is instant. Killed me once and was very pissed. I think you have to give this to ArmA 2 itself though. ^^

Frusturating huh? I sure hope it's something that can be patched in easily.

welp that didn't take long, theres already so many damn sniper montage/ player killing montages out there, this is Call of Duty 5. everywhere i look i see some assholes video of them just sniping players. i saw one video of a guy just killing people whal they were saluting him. sadface.jpg

[/quote']

-101 You shouldn't have any contact with the Zombies. If you do so you should be as good as dead. So keep of them.

I think it will be necessary to think about this whole idea of zombie damage and blood. I agree, how many times does a person start bleeding heavily upon a hit? I think that is very rare. But a bite can start a bleeding. So bites should be introduced as a close range attack from zombies.

Another idea would be infection... there is a very small chance you can get infected upon hit (~1%), but a bite will most likely infect you (~75%). Infection will kill you slowly (~12-48h playtime) and you cannot notice the infection early. There is no cure to an infection and after you die, your body will turn into a zombie (~10 minutes) with all your gear.

This would add more realism, although I doubt that the last thing can be implemented.

I know this will sound daft but a cure for being infected would be welcome imo if they introduce that feature.

Zombrex anyone?

:)

I know this will sound daft but a cure for being infected would be welcome imo if they introduce that feature.

Zombrex anyone?

:)

Nah, totally unrealistic. I would try to cure all the zombies. xD

An update, Infected visual targeting broke, so just fixing that. Not a major issue, just taking some time.

An update' date=' Infected visual targeting broke, so just fixing that. Not a major issue, just taking some time.

[/quote']

I hate to rush you, but is the patch expected to be out today, or should we expect a Wednesday release? Thanks, keep up the great work!

Rocket, are the zombies walking indoors a bug?

If it is, i think this should be the priority to fix. It would change a lot of things(I mean A LOT), so i think this should be fixed soon.

If it isn't a bug, can you please please consider removing it?

Cannot wait for the next update, Rocket. I understand it will be done when it's done though.

From one kiwi to another, I salute you! NZ rep!

Gutes, so i guess the patch will come out later today.. i hope it won't break (much) the current game, since 1.7.1.5 is finally playable without much troubles and bugs.

Returning to the bleeding: guys, the bleeding in this game is basically the "damage", so it's the only way to damage us progressively.

And again about the zeds: if you want to ask anything about them, it's about fixing their behavior (like not being able to hit trough the walls; eliminating the absurd z-path or the incredible acceleration), but NOT reducing their "strength"; because you should be pretty dead with a single contact with em. People are doing what they f*** wants, ignoring the zeds surroinding em, because they know that if aggroed they are less than a serious threath. This is the main problem: none is "scared" about them. And you're asking them to do less damage? So what's the challenge of this game? Being able to avoid the other players doing the PvP? Then i go to play Arma2 vanilla.. not a fookin zombie mod.

Spawning in with less blood that I spawned out with again. This with the pre-94401 beta. Also, haven't seen a tent in a long time.

Why do i always feel like a kid on Christmas Eve every time there is a patch pending??

Spawning in with less blood that I spawned out with again. This with the pre-94401 beta.

There is no such patch out yet. I think you mean 1.60.94103 and I couldn't even connect to a server with it yesterday.

ZOMBIES ARE TOO EASY! Holy crap.. Lets go back to 1.7.4. Broad daylight and I can run right past these guys. Give me a break. When zombies are as deadly or deadlier than bandits people will band together like they would in real life. Humans would stick with humans. This game has NO challenge. Lets do it rocket. At least give them better view distance.

+1

will you guys give the guy some break he is already adding new shit everyday(well almost everyday) and fixing alot of stuff, zombies are getting new features with the day till they are perfect.

Just chill your tits and wait patiently.

ZOMBIES ARE TOO EASY! Holy crap.. Lets go back to 1.7.4. Broad daylight and I can run right past these guys. Give me a break. When zombies are as deadly or deadlier than bandits people will band together like they would in real life. Humans would stick with humans. This game has NO challenge. Lets do it rocket. At least give them better view distance.

FTFY