rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

You need to change the map. Me and a friend where scavanging around and were able to see each others locations on maps. That's okay. We've played together for a couple of hours.

However we were able to see strangers on the map too. People that we never even spotted (regular server). I'm also quite sure that they haven't spotted us too. So that needs to be fixed. I would love to create and join groups or something.

Personally I think the zombie los/sound detection is pretty good at the moment. In movies etc zombies notice people at greater distances than in DayZ so there is no real need to complain about that. The only suggestion I have is maybe when they hear a sound like gunshots or footsteps' date=' switch them to investigative mode rather than aggressive mode until they spot you visually or hear you make a more human like sound.

[/quote']

This! Zombies need to run to the area of the shot and investigate, not go straight to the shooter. That sounds like it'd make some fun gameplay.

Yeah I would love to see zeds do more investigating of noises.

Throwing a can to draw them to the noise is a good start, but if I'm running behind a wall, the zombie shouldn't agro on me, it should come to see what made the noise.. Once it sees me, it should chase me, but there's no reason it should start chasing something that it hasn't even seen yet.

As for current detection, I agree it's pretty good.. just needs some minor adjustments to make it more realistic. (imo)

I agree with more investigation rather than coming after me straight up.

You need to change the map. Me and a friend where scavanging around and were able to see each others locations on maps. That's okay. We've played together for a couple of hours.

However we were able to see strangers on the map too. People that we never even spotted (regular server). I'm also quite sure that they haven't spotted us too. So that needs to be fixed. I would love to create and join groups or something.

Has to do with the difficulty of the server. If it allows 3rd person and crosshairs, it most likely allows player positions on the map. It'll also show zombies on the map too.

Rocket said that if he were to implement the investigating zombies, it would have a significant performance impact due to the constant location spamming.

no, we need guns to spawn with

why is that so difficult to understand?

im fed up geting killed by bandits, i cant defend myself.

Rocket said that if he were to implement the investigating zombies' date=' it would have a significant performance impact due to the constant location spamming.

[/quote']

Ah fair enough, I must have missed that post. Would rather it stay like it is than having the servers/clients choke up every time the zombies hear something lol.

no' date=' we need guns to spawn with

why is that so difficult to understand?

im fed up geting killed by bandits, i cant defend myself.

[/quote']

Then don't play the mod. I always find weapons within 10 minutes in game after a spawn. Just search deer stands and don't go into Cherno or Elektro.

Rocket changed the start equip for many reasons (exploiting, harvesting etc.). Try to team up with other survivors and you will have a better chance against bandits.

Isnt the update supposed to come out today? Ive been waiting for 3 days now for the terrible, terrible performance issues to be fixed

Isnt the update supposed to come out today? Ive been waiting for 3 days now for the terrible' date=' terrible performance issues to be fixed

[/quote']

Rocket posted a few pages ago, explaining that he wanted to make sure everything was working properly before he releases it. Probably going to be out tomorrow.

Isnt the update supposed to come out today? Ive been waiting for 3 days now for the terrible' date=' terrible performance issues to be fixed

[/quote']

what do you mean terrible? Im getting best framerates ever since 1.6.xx

[/quote']

what do you mean terrible? Im getting best framerates ever since 1.6.xx

I think its different for everyone, my game freezes every 10 seconds or so with the latest patch :(

I play on a fairly low-end laptop and it's fine..

Granted, I have most of the settings set to low, but I rarely have any sort of slow-down/fps issues, unless it's server related.

I'm confident that the new changes will make things even better! :)

try defragging arma2 files - folders I had that too (I know exactly what you mean..)

now smooth as butter. also theres a guy explaining a method. youtube "ramdisk dayz performance"

Just a quick Bug you may want to look at sometime Mr. Rocket....I think the chickens maybe invulnerable to axes...unless maybe the hit zone isn't centered anywhere near the middle of the screen because I'm fairly certain that me and another player tried to chop that chicken about 10 times each. Wait...that sounded kinda weird reading that out loud...but still..possible bug

Just a quick Bug you may want to look at sometime Mr. Rocket....I think the chickens maybe invulnerable to axes...unless maybe the hit zone isn't centered anywhere near the middle of the screen because I'm fairly certain that me and another player tried to chop that chicken about 10 times each. Wait...that sounded kinda weird reading that out loud...but still..possible bug

lol

How about an audible indicator of bleeding? I've watched myself, my friends, and streamers all not notice they are bleeding and lose thousands and thousands of blood unnecessarily.

How about an audible indicator of bleeding? I've watched myself' date=' my friends, and streamers all not notice they are bleeding and lose thousands and thousands of blood unnecessarily.

[/quote']

I'm not sure about this... Do you hear something when you cut yourself in real life? I've unknowingly hurt or cut myself in real life and have gone minutes before noticed it right away.

I'd suggest you pay more attention to the blood indicator either in the top right in the debug menu or the hud icon. Both are excellent ways to tell if you need a bandage.

New beta patch is out guys, 94103 might want to grab it before rocket releases the new update. Seems to fix some issues as far as the "dropping stuff in your inventory" bug that's been happening.

[94001] Fixed: "enableItemsDropping = 0;" now even for MP clients

[93989] Changed: When dropping weapon unrelated magazine will not be dropped

I think the chicken thing is very important.

Please consider adding a fix for zombies. Game is almost ruined with these "super zeds". 10,000+ health and full food, water, everything fine. Walk into a shed and a zombie hits me once. Instantly get a broken bone, unconscious x 5 minutes, bleeding. Dead. After being alive for a good 24 hours and being at the northwest airfield. So frustrating to spend all that time, then watch yourself bleed to death as you curse the game, because zombies run 10x faster than Olympic sprinters, hit 10x harder than Mr. Tyson, hear 10x a frightened deer, and see better than any human ever could. They also run back and forth like they have been trained to be a professional zombie.

Please consider adding a fix for zombies. Game is almost ruined with these "super zeds". 10' date='000+ health and full food, water, everything fine. Walk into a shed and a zombie hits me once. Instantly get a broken bone, unconscious x 5 minutes, bleeding. Dead. After being alive for a good 24 hours and being at the northwest airfield. So frustrating to spend all that time, then watch yourself bleed to death as you curse the game, because zombies run 10x faster than Olympic sprinters, hit 10x harder than Mr. Tyson, hear 10x a frightened deer, and see better than any human ever could. They also run back and forth like they have been trained to be a professional zombie.

[/quote']

Welcome to the mod, get over it

He stood upon the beach, lost and weary. A city stood in the east, ready for clearing. He tooketh his torch, and began to run, zombies snatching at his bum bum. He reached the city, cherno by shorthand, sprinting through the streets, zombies chasing their ham. He sidestepped a jumper, through a pub, out the back door, alone once more. Now with that Alice who joined me in the pub, I reached the fire station with my AKM fallen from above. Athlete legs, zombies dead, AKM to the head, this survivor with nothing now a king and probably a sped.

DAMN fix the bandit system ... This game is NOT anymore a survive this game is NOW deathmatch!

If you don't know what is DM here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathmatch

"...Deathmatch or Player vs All (PvA, also called DM or free-for-all) is..."

#BackBanditSkin

*LOL