rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Long time listener first time caller.

I am pretty happy about the state of the alpha right now. The servers seem way more stable and the new fixes have increased my FPS by 10 and i am using a freaking laptop (toshiba qosmio) to play. i get about 30-40 FPS'es at medium settings. This did not happen before. played with barely 15-20 FPS. Also i use Arma launcher, i would recommend this software to everyone playing this mod and ARMA in general. you can get it at armaholic.com I would also recommend to use the winxp extention in the shortcut as this has also increased my fps a lot both in multiplayer and singleplayer.

The fact that morphine is so low makes scavenging way more demanding. The only thing that annoys the shit outta me is got to be the super hearing zombos. It cannot be that i am laying prone in a building and they can still aggro.

actually i wold like the military camp near balota to be moved inland in order to make that whole area less of a zombo deathtrap. It would be cool if it could me moved toward the northern edge between NE airfield and devils castle.

anyways. rocket has made the game of my dreams, i'll gladly let my GF give you a handy and donate the virginity of my forst daughter to you sir. thank you for this great mod.

My friend broke his leg.. He was going to dinner to would leave and take the "shock" afterwards ..

So he came back' date=' went to coma, waited 5 minutes, and took morfine and painkillers, and he eate his blood up to 12k.

Then he was forced to leave because of his sister, and came back.. Went AGAIN to coma.. We asked him to restart the game, and this happend AGAIN.. And AGAIN..

We even gave him 2 morfine and 2 painkillers to eate before we decided to leave for tonight. We asked him to go back in and check one last time.. Coma / Shock again.

WTF?.. Is this a bug or?..

He broke his leg by falling not by a player, and no zombie are chasing us eg.

[/quote']

This kept happening to me yesterday for some reason. But it was definitely starting to get to me. I even took a few pictures. I had FULL blood, not bleeding, and I didn't sign out because Z's were chasing me. But whenever I would get back from a break or eating or whatever, my guy just passed out whenever I would rejoin a game. Needless to say, it was really buggin me. I would like to know the cause of this too. Oh and I had buddies with me who had to keep using the epi-pen on me.

Edit: I forgot the worst part about it. This wasn't a quick 2 second pass out. EVERY TIME it was the long 5 minute pass out. Like WTF?

i'll gladly let my GF give you a handy and donate the virginity of my forst daughter to you sir. thank you for this great mod.

I just roflmao'd every where.

Not releasing tonight guys, sorry - I learned my lesson after the 1.7.1 debacle.

The bugs in the new system have been ironed out, but consequently the balancing is (again) all over the place. So tomorrow I need to spend some time adjusting the balancing, then we need to go through some serious closed testing.

Sorry guys, disappointing I know. But this means that I'll be able to squeeze some content in while it is being tested tomorrow. I'm off to sleep for a bit :)

So you're saying' date=' when the zombie apocolypse happens, you expect you'll be able to wander into any town and fill up all your bags with food, drink, and various supplies, tools and weapons regardless of how many people raided the place before you? Good luck with that.

The way some people think about how thi9ngs should work in this mod is just amazing really.

[/quote']

I'm saying that most people would walk out of their house with food, water, weapons, various tools, and more likely than not an array of medical supplies, not to mention a fully functional vehicle...

The fact that anyone thinks someone would begin their survival with a backpack, a flashlight, a few doses of asprin, a bandage, and nothing else is pretty absurd.

I am by no means saying that's not how the mod should be, what I am saying is quit being an elitist troll just because someone thinks it should be different from the way it is.

Another thing, zombie apocalypse meet your end: Winter freeze

Sure hope chernarus is in the tropics

our situation is never explained, so you can't assume we had the time or means for preparation. you spawn on the shore, so maybe you were in a boat that sank and had to swim to shore. like I said in another thread, I get the feeling Rocket would like us to spawn with absolutely nothing

Not releasing tonight guys' date=' sorry - I learned my lesson after the 1.7.1 debacle.

The bugs in the new system have been ironed out, but consequently the balancing is (again) all over the place. So tomorrow I need to spend some time adjusting the balancing, then we need to go through some serious closed testing.

Sorry guys, disappointing I know. But this means that I'll be able to squeeze some content in while it is being tested tomorrow. I'm off to sleep for a bit :)

[/quote']

Sleep well! a polished release is better then a rushed release.

Not releasing tonight guys' date=' sorry - I learned my lesson after the 1.7.1 debacle.

[/quote']

No worries. We know you gettin it in. Keep it up, man!

Crossbow bolts placeable in toolbelt.

Epic buff to it's usage and hopefully a quick feature! ;)

[/quote']

Dear Rocket,

Please fix debug forest spawns, thnx!

My friend broke his leg.. He was going to dinner to would leave and take the "shock" afterwards ..

So he came back' date=' went to coma, waited 5 minutes, and took morfine and painkillers, and he eate his blood up to 12k.

Then he was forced to leave because of his sister, and came back.. Went AGAIN to coma.. We asked him to restart the game, and this happend AGAIN.. And AGAIN..

We even gave him 2 morfine and 2 painkillers to eate before we decided to leave for tonight. We asked him to go back in and check one last time.. Coma / Shock again.

WTF?.. Is this a bug or?..

He broke his leg by falling not by a player, and no zombie are chasing us eg.

[/quote']

It's a bug. Happens a lot to players on my server. Sometimes you just have to ride out the hourglass or use epinephrine.

[/quote']

Works for me!

Good looking out Rocket. Looking forward to the update, balancing, and performance increases.

Can't wait for the day the map is expanded and buildings are all enter able.

Would it be possible that now with the pushing back of the Patch that we could get some form of Debug Forest protection? (a trigger area where forest is that would kill players who shoot in the area or have the round stop at the end of the muzzle like the Domination base protection trigger area?).

rocket, did you have anything to do with the guy that wrote the "Undead Mod" for ARMA 2 back in 2010?

that mod still gave a lot of good times in the editor before dayz.

[/quote']

Yeah its better to take your time to fix the balancing then to release it too quickly,i wish other devs would do that too....

* [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)

I don't understand this. How was sound checked before? (i.e. how is it now in 1.7.1.5?)

What about if you're behind a low wall/fence? Does the sound get reduced even if they can/should be able to see you over the object?

What about trees? How much of a tree/shrub do you need to be behind to have your sound reduced?

What about in buildings? If you're on the inside of an exterior wall and a zombie is on the outside is it really logical to expect they could still hear you sneaking around inside a building' date=' from the outside? Does the effect stack through multiple walls?

Does the effect stack through multiple objects at all?

I don't mean to be rude I'm just trying to understand the mechanic.

[/quote']

I still want to know how this works =(

No problem! we can wait a few dayz rocket.

Great news take all the time please. that last bump was pretty rough

Hey, considering this is an alpha that's already so expansive, I can appreciate the wait. Sleep, dear Rocket. Dream of zed killing and beans.

agreed , would rather it take a bit longer than a rushed release to please people.

Have good nights sleep dude !

1.7.1.5 Is a totally great release, so that makes the wait easier. I remember how much everyone was excited for 1.7.1 and then how horrified they were at the results!

[/quote']

good to hear rocket

squeeze the makarov back in when we spawn will ya :)

thanks for all ya hard work

Take your time Rocket. Better to wait for a less buggy game than have to go back with little hotfixes everywhere.

Yeah take your time, rocket. The mod is really playable and enjoyble now so there's no rush.

"- You cannot physically open your bag unless you are looking at loot or some other storage unit. It merely displays the contents in the list. This is annoying if you need to know how much space is there."

It tells you above the list of items exactly how many slots are free' date=' e.g. 8/12 slots used...

[/quote']

This is true, but its also a major hassle to manage inventory when you can't actually access the contents of the pack.

Like, if your "on your person" inventory is full and you need one more slot in your backpack to fit something (like a gun), and there's a can of Coke you want to drink, you can't do it. Dropping things from your backpack is kind of buggy so you have a 50/50 shot of losing it altogether trying to drop it from there. Or, you can drop something from your main inventory, then move the Coke from backpack to main inventory, then move the item into the backpack, then drink the Coke and hopefully be able to pick the dropped item back up.

Or, if you're in range of a lootable item, you never actually access your main inventory with the bag open, you're accessing the loot pile. Trying to move something out of the bag drops it on the ground, again maybe losing it maybe not losing it.

Its confusing as hell and I've mostly got it worked out but sometimes I still wonder where the heck something is and if it just despawned or if I need to aim at the right spot to try to re-loot it.

Some consistency in the inventory system and the ability to directly access the contents of the backpack at all times (so you can right-click items, such as to eat/drink/use) would be f'ing awesome.

squeeze the makarov back in when we spawn will ya :)

No! Never bring it back. Ever!

Everything on the coast is so... peaceful. :)