rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPKPFRS9e86R18bkLCbK3z0kSk2a1gtHGoYSTcr9tRSVnqiktr4g

But... why... How? How does this exist?

I have watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

I know the intimate life of birds.

Once, I saw a man eat his own head.

But this?

I'm speechless.

Bizon SD used the Makarov ammo (9x18) .. probably they can be exchanged (like the 45 acp) in the next patches.

Firearms chambered for 9×18mm PM:

Makarov PM

PP-19 Bizon

I think starting with a makarov should return in 1.7.2 or atleast something to defend yourself with, maybe start with 1 Magazine, just lost my 30 day survivor in a store raid (zombies would not stop spawning) and everytime I

spawn now I either get shot or eaten with no way to protect myself.

In one instance i finally found a 1911 with 4 mags and while in gear got shot in the back, and countless times run into survivors with guns and just get shot, and for what my only bandage.

This is not a complaint I understand its an alpha and things are worth a try, but im sick of all the fucked up people who shoot unarmed freshly spawned survivors who have NOTHING.

P.s Thanks for a great mod, cant wait for 1.7.2

I think starting with a makarov should return in 1.7.2 or atleast something to defend yourself with' date=' maybe start with 1 Magazine, just lost my 30 day survivor in a store raid (zombies would not stop spawning) and everytime I

In one instance i finally found a 1911 with 4 mags and while in gear got shot in the back, and countless times run into survivors with guns and just get shot, and for what my only bandage.

This is not a complaint I understand its an alpha and things are worth a try, but im sick of all the fucked up people who shoot unarmed freshly spawned survivors who have NOTHING.

[/quote']

I agree with this, a gun at spawn is needed. Why he took away the guns at spawn was not a good idea.

Great post.

I think starting with a makarov should return in 1.7.2 or atleast something to defend yourself with' date=' maybe start with 1 Magazine, just lost my 30 day survivor in a store raid (zombies would not stop spawning) and everytime I

[/quote']

I agree with this, a gun at spawn is needed. Why he took away the guns at spawn was not a good idea.

Great post.

its so easy to find weapons on this version... u cant be serious...

Yeah just keep looking you will find weapons. Most complaints are probably caused by loot piles being previously looted. Besides having no gun on spawn can be said to be working against banditry and adding more depth and cooperation to the start of the game.

Yeah I've been stuck invisible for a week' date=' i cant even kill myself and i keep spawning in the same spot no matter how far i travel and i drop all my stuff. fml.

[/quote']

That's a problem with your beta patches. You end up invisible if you don't have the Arma II patches up to the latest. Some servers are set to require it but if they aren't you can join with a lower beta patch and get glitched invisible and in the debug forest/wasteland/ocean.

At least you're inventory doesn't save after you've done some running around like that.

I updated the arma 2 beta patches to most recent and its still spawning me there.....

why dont players spawn in houses then, loot the house hopefully find a gun but not always, youve got more cover so your not a sitting duck on the beach. more realistic to be a survivor in a house then some guy on the beach. It's the apocalypse im just gonna walk around on the beach with nothing. Great game been playing it for over a month, excited to see what comes next.

add me on steam thecloudking

When looting dead survivors it would be awesome if you could read who they were (name) how they died and how long they lasted! that would be really cool. A timer for your character aswel, to show how long your current character has been alive.

It might be easy for you because your some sort of "super bad ass", but it doesnt matter when somebody who has found a gun and then decides hes gonna shoot the next poor bastard he sees who doesnt have a gun whos just ran for 10mins with aload of z's chasing him which he cant fight off... What was wrong with starting with a makarov anyway?

[/quote']

Great post.

Just started playing DayZ when 1.7.1.5 was released. It is very hard to find a weapon without getting mass zombie aggro. The time spent prone-sneaking into a building versus the mass of tin cans you find makes it really frustrating.

I even tried server-hoping in some positions (Airstrip watch tower, a deer stand and the large industrial building south of Komarovo) and never found anything more than a hatchet (in Komaravo industrial) and some ammo in the watch tower / deer stand.

I've seen youtube of videos of 1.7.1.4 where people enter a barn and find 5 weapons (lee einfield, winchester, 2 crossbows and a makarov), and bitch about the Makarov being crap, but I love the makarov, it's better than a hatchet or your bare hands.

The only viable solution I see in 1.7.1.5 to find a weapon is to visit a supermarket or some other building in Elektro/Cherno, if you can even find/fight your way there with your bare hands.

The current version is not very "starter" friendly (newb isn't a fitting word, a newb wouldn't last 2 minutes). And on top of that every survivor I've encountered has shot me on sight, and I've encountered survivors armed from a simple hatchet to NVG (and x-ray goggles, or hacks, or it was just nighttime for us 2 and not them, got shot through the bushes from about 100m out) and rifles.

The videos from 1.7.1.4 I've watched is the ARMA 2 DAYZ "Survive" Part X, starting with this video:

He starts with tons of loot (gun, morphine, water bottle, ammo, I've killed for this shit), there are barely any zombies around and he's finding a t-o-n of loot. And considering the amount of dead bodies he stumbles upon, this server isn't empty, so the loot is genuinely either re-spawning fast, or that abundant.

The game is hard, it's not bad, but if you pile on-top of that some bugs and the fact that everyone you see will kill you, and people can appear from anywhere, the game is too much "luck" based for the amount of effort put into it. Like my friend said, no matter how much gear you have, or how much experience you have, nothing is going to save you from that guy that spawned behind you. My friend actually got DC from a server, rejoined an other, spawned north of Cherno, he had good loot and it was night time, but he got shot right when he logged, seems someone was right behind him.

I'm trying to figure out what to do now, seems it's either join a clan or keep trying to get better at this. Or try to find a server running 1.7.1.4 :P

I'm kind of confused about the whole getting shot/eaten on the beach thing. I never got shot right after beeing spawned (and I spawned a lot of times). Furthermore Zombies can be avoided or lost. Certainly not beeing some badass or the best DayZ player, I usually survive long enough to find a weapon and some supplies.

Only thing I can think of that gets you killed at the start is running into Cherno or Electro right away. I don't think you are doing this all the time, but maybe you should think about changing your tactics anyways. Just get used to crawling ;)

In 1.7.1.5, flies persist at player corpses indefinitely.

Dropped items (that aren't dropped into loot piles) also persist forever.

Time in servers varies from player to player by many hours sometimes.

I hope rocket is listening to this thread.

You need to start with a gun.

Ive been killed so many times and i cant defednd myself

Its about balancing guys, not how easy it is to find a gun.

And its not easy to find a weapon either.

'You need to spawn with a gun.

I like the not hearing through stuff but how does this work. Say for example a zombie is one side of a building and you are the other, does this class as a single object, two objects for each wall or not at all as it only works when you are inside and they are outside?

stop crying about the no weapon start.

i died often now and startet without anything and i managed to get a gun every time.

its your fault when you aggro zombies or run into players, you have tpo watch your surroundings everytime. if you dont, you die. face it.

dont destroy the best survival game ever with a pussy start inv.

I love starting without a gun.

Fuck balancing, I love this challange surviving the first phase.

Its still easy to find a weapon either.

You don't need to spawn with a gun.

I waited for the implementation of starting without a gun since at least a month, so im totally happy now.

Awesome rocket, keep up the good work.

Fuck balancing' date=' I love this challange surviving the first phase.

I waited for the implementation of starting without a gun since at least a month, so im totally happy now.

[/quote']

What he says.

This isn't a game where the goal is balance. Rocket has said so himself. I like starting with nothing because it was super easy before. Hell, it's somewhat easier now that you can lose the zombies. No need to stealth.

[/quote']

Great post.

^ this, its almost too easy to find a gun now. they spawn so often.

Fuck balancing' date=' I love this challange surviving the first phase.

[/quote']

Agreed. Spawning without a firearm completes the whole cycle of DayZ, Spawn, Scavenge, Head North, Survive. If you spawn with everything at the start, then what is the purpose of heading north or away from the coast in order to survive? And if you people that are complaining about perishing quickly, get used to it. DayZ is a survival simulation, and simulators are as close to the real deal as it gets, you can't expect to survive your first time(s) playing. It just doesn't work that way.

In my opinion, you should not spawn with anything, it would make the moment you come across what you are looking for that much more satisfying.

rocket, i would appreciate it if you made FAl mags spawn in places other than crash sites, not the gun, just mags.

Yes rocket, please add a "Are you sure" to the respawn button!!! Up to this point you make a great job guy. thx.....

* [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)

I personally think it should be more like 5-10 minutes. I was in a situation where I had shot a boar but there were zombies about so I had to crawl my way around the zombies and get to the boar. If the timer had only been 2 minutes long it would have despawned before I got there.